A NDfavs In-depth review: CAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A NDfavs In-depth review: CAP

Hello! My my is NDfavs, and this is my review for CAP. This will be one of my typical reviews and if you don't know what that means keep reading! If you do, then you can skip ahead to the Pro and Con section!
    I write my reviews in a pro con format, and then give an overall rating at the end. My reviews contain material that may be considered to be spoilers by some. So if you are afraid of having your game ruined you probably shouldn't read. I won't ruin your culprit, but I sometimes give away information about puzzles and other things that people would rather not know. As always if you enjoy this review please leave reps and comment. If you would like to read some more of my reviews you can find them in my signature!

Pro's
    1. Music: The music fit the settings so well and it always matched the emotions that I was having in the game.
    2. I love Nancy's scrapbook. I really enjoy being able to see past cases.
    3. I love the hints that HER leaves behind of past games. The box from FIN was my favorite in this game.
    4. I love that we got to see some more of the kojitokisa comic that appeared in the last game! I can't wait to see how it ends!
    5. I love the Moo ringtone! It was the one that I had in WAC, and it was really funny when the alarms went off that they were prefaced with a Moo!
    6. It's Locked. It only appeared once, but it was really nice!
    7. The sets were designed amazingly! I was so impressed that HER listened to us when we told them that we wanted to be able to explore more! I got lost a lot, but who cares!
    8. Lukas!
    9. Quick second chance. In previous games, if you kept dying in the same part, you had to sit there and wait for a long time for the second chance screen to be done, but now you could skip directly to yes and no.
    10. Secret passageways were so fun! I drew my own maps, and it was really really amazing to be able to explore so much!

Con's
    1. New Menu screen. I have never liked it, I never will. As long as it is a part of these games, this will be a part of my list.
    2. While HER did an amazing job on sets, they still seemed to take short cuts and one of those was frosting off the windows so that you could not see outside.
    3. Another one of those short cuts, was cut scenes for walking that you would get sometimes. I don't like them because they are slow, and really HER would need one or two clicky slides to be replace the fade to black.
    4. Cell phone: I have never been a fan of Nancy Drew having a cell phone. I like having her only be able to call from one place. But I see the need with more modern story lines.
    5. There weren't letters in this one, well there was one at the end, but I also really hate the case file, so the letters took care of that nicely. What I'm really trying to say is I prefer letter openings to case file openings.
    6. I really did not like the Germany a long time ago flashbacks, I felt like they looked really fake!
    7. I really missed having the CUR background for the cell phone
    8. Where were Bess and George!?!?! I don't understand why they are being fazed out of these games! Ever since RAN, we have not had them as phone friends more than a couple of times.
    9. I did not like the Ned and Nancy fight! I know that it was probably a set up for the next game, but in the original book series they never fought, and the original is the only one that I really love.
    10. The board game took forever just to play one round.
    11. I didn't like that this only took place over one night
    12. Why was Nancy portrayed as so stupid in this game. She didn't understand some of the simplest of metaphors in this game. I felt that she was really really out of character in this one.
    13. Hint hotline was really really really unhelpful. Please HER just give me my phone friends.

Overall I give this game a 7/10, and recommend this game to any classic ND fan!

Also please remember that these are only my opinions, and you don't have to agree with them. If you want to comment, because you don't agree with something please be respectful.

Thank you so so so much for reading!
    3C0928
    1e474f
    The true color of nancy drew

You can click on any of the yellow/gold colored game names for my reviews! Go ahead and read them!

It is always appropriate to leave reputation for someone, even if the post is as old as Adam and Eve.
    I am a Christian (specifically a Nazarene) , and very proud!

Please be aware of the fact that when you vote people's threads down, because you don't like them, and not because of the content of their thread, then you may be harming their confidence about their creative works. I want to thank everyone for the kindness and respect that you have showed me on the boards, so lets keep it up!

Great review! I defiantly agree with you about some of your cons. I also like the letter openings better than the case file, Raid took WAY too long to play, I like games that take place over more than one day, and the Hint Hotline wasn't very helpful for me.

I was just wondering why you think Nancy was portrayed as stupid. I'm not disagreeing or trying to be disrespectful, I'm just wondering. I don't pay too much attention to Nancy because I'm pretty much just being her in my mind
    We mustn't compare ourselves to regular people...

We're
    artists

Comment

Originally posted by betholomew314 View Post
      I was just wondering why you think Nancy was portrayed as stupid. I'm not disagreeing or trying to be disrespectful, I'm just wondering. I don't pay too much attention to Nancy because I'm pretty much just being her in my mind
      I guess that I might have phrased badly above. I am more use to Nancy just knowing things, but there were a lot of instances in this game when the characters would use phrases like "Until the cows come home" or "water under the bridge" (not those exact ones, I can't remember the ones that were used, but you get the point) and she didn't understand the meaning. And it wasn't as though you could ask what it meant if you didn't know and if you did you could choose a response that implied that you did understand. In the game the answer was an auto answer, where you didn't get to choose.

Also thank you for being really respectful in asking your question.
      3C0928
      1e474f

You can click on any of the yellow/gold colored game names for my reviews! Go ahead and read them!

It is always appropriate to leave reputation for someone, even if the post is as old as Adam and Eve.

Please be aware of the fact that when you vote people's threads down, because you don't like them, and not because of the content of their thread, then you may be harming their confidence about their creative works. I want to thank everyone for the kindness and respect that you have showed me on the boards, so lets keep it up!

Comment

I agree with all of your pros and cons. The setting was gorgeous, and the music added to it, but the flashbacks and Hint Hotline fell flat. Not to mention unnecessary drama.

I also thought that Nancy was stupid in this game. I don't recall her being clueless at metaphors, but she actually would ask why she needed to be careful in certain locations when it was pretty obvious why. (Not trying to be painfully vague - just don't want to give anything away.)

-- Ehzi

Comment

Originally posted by Ehzair Mkee View Post
          I agree with all of your pros and cons. The setting was gorgeous, and the music added to it, but the flashbacks and Hint Hotline fell flat. Not to mention unnecessary drama.

I also thought that Nancy was stupid in this game. I don't recall her being clueless at metaphors, but she actually would ask why she needed to be careful in certain locations when it was pretty obvious why. (Not trying to be painfully vague - just don't want to give anything away.)

-- Ehzi
          Thank you so much for your positive feedback!
          I'm glad that you agreed with me so much. I really liked what you said with Nancy asking why she needed to be careful, because I didn't remember that that had happened until you said something. I always remember Nancy doing what she had to do, but always making sure that she and her team were going to be OK, well at least before this game that's what happened.
          3C0928
          1e474f

Comment

I think what you may mean is that Nancy, who is always confident, was less assertive in this game. I did notice it.
            Thanks for your review. It had a lot of issues I agreed with.

Some of my favorites:

Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
            Danger on Deception Island
            Secret of Shadow Ranch
            Curse of Blackmoor Manor
            Treasure in the Royal Tower
            Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
            The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
            Legend of the Crystal Skull
            The Phantom of Venice
            The Haunting of Castle Malloy
            Warnings at Waverly Acadamy
            Shadow at the Water's Edge
            The Captive Curse
            Ghost of Thornton Hall
            The Silent Spy

Comment

Originally posted by elpana View Post
              I think what you may mean is that Nancy, who is always confident, was less assertive in this game. I did notice it.
              Thanks for your review. It had a lot of issues I agreed with.
              You are so right! Your wording is perfect!
              Thank you so much for your input!
              3C0928
              1e474f

Comment

thanks for taking the time to share your views with us (: I agreed with most of your pros & all of your cons. Make sure to keep writing more reviews, i will be on the lookout for them. Alsoo, i wanted to say that i liked your layout: the pros/cons & an overall rating. i found this setup much easier to follow. reps !! (;

- kate
                peace
                it does not mean to be in a place
                where there is no noise, trouble
                or hard work. it means to be in
                the midst of those things and still
                be calm in your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by kdoodle411 View Post
                  thanks for taking the time to share your views with us (: I agreed with most of your pros & all of your cons. Make sure to keep writing more reviews, i will be on the lookout for them. Alsoo, i wanted to say that i liked your layout: the pros/cons & an overall rating. i found this setup much easier to follow. reps !! (;

- kate
                  Thank you so much Kate! It really makes me feel great when people take the time to stop and comment. I'm glad that I've made to review so easy for you to follow, my goal when I started my reviews was just to tell people what I thought, in a way that made sense. I found that in a lot of other reviews people danced around issues and took their time getting to points, and really I just wanted to keep things simple.

You can see the rest of my reviews by clicking on their name in my signature! Thank you again for your kind words!
                  3C0928
                  1e474f

Comment

Thanks for the great review..you've just convinced me to play it!

~Gabi(:
                    Baby, you're my rocky road;
                    My mint chocolate chip &more.
                    [But here's the scoop, taste the truth;]
                    The words
                    [[ me + you ]]
                    never ever sound so cool.
                    ©ndf3

Comment

Originally posted by Moon-Lake-Pup View Post
                      Thanks for the great review..you've just convinced me to play it!

~Gabi(:
                      I'm glad that I could inspire you! Have fun playing the game!
                      3C0928
                      1e474f

Comment

Wow! This is a really great review :) I really enjoyed reading
                        it :) Rated
                        And reps givenn :)

-- Kat
                        ....«.¸
                        .........)
                        ...¸.¤´
                        ..(¸.¤´¯`¤.¸
                        ..(`¤.¸....... ... I'll love you till your Gone, Gone, Gone,
                        ...`¤.¸) ....... When life leaves you,
                        ........(`¤.¸ High and dry I'll,
                        ............) ...... Be at your door tonight,
                        .........¸.¤´ ' ... If you need help, If you need help
                        ........( ... ~Phillip Phillips
                        ©Kat's shop

|Shop | Game | TMB |

Comment

Originally posted by hat-dancer View Post
                          Wow! This is a really great review :) I really enjoyed reading
                          it :) Rated
                          And reps givenn :)

-- Kat
                          Thank you for the amazing rating and the reps. I am so glad that you liked the review so much. Thank you for responding to it!
                          3C0928
                          1e474f

Comment

Wow! What a great review! You have convinced me to buy it as well!!!
                            walterbaby4
                            .....··....¸*¨¯¨*¸
                            .¸*¨¯¨*¸....*-*....)}
                            {(....*-*.)`.,¸_¸,.´
                            .`.,¸_¸,.´.....··

Comment

great review!! loved everything you put into it. thanks for the review!!
                              Our dreams
                              will break the boundaries
                              of our fears

Brandon Flowers

Comment

Working...
                              X