Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or cultprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!

1.47%
    1.84%
    1.84%
    2.57%
    4.41%
    9.56%
    18.75%
    16.18%
    21.69%
    21.69%

I was so excited when I received my game yesterday, and like everyone, I couldn't wait to get started! I am hugely disappointed. I've played every ND game, some over and over, but this is awful, IMO. I cannot make any progress, and am almost to the point of not caring. The game is dark, extremely claustrophobic, and all the characters are angry and rude. For the first time ever, I wish I could get my money back.

Comment

I thought this was a great game! There was a good amount of puzzles, a lot of places to explore even though the whole game was in one building, and better character interaction than a lot of the more recent games. This one gets a 10 from me!
      werdycnan

Comment

Based on my overall first impression of this game... I'd give it an 8!

Tons of puzzles. Lots of great, in game hints. TONS of plot twists and turns.

Only negative was lack of character interaction. Some were much more important than others and so were talked to more.
        Also, the puzzles did have a distinct "science-y" feel to them. Which is great and everything, and clearly what was to be expected, but just not really my thing.

Really enjoyed it overall. Playing was a great experience!

Comment

I did not like this game because of the huge number of obscure instruments. As soon as I walked into the lab, horrified. I am not a physicist. What is the oscillator, I faintly imagine.

I was also annoyed by the job on time. Very difficult to arrange the slides on the computer for a while, which is given to players. Particularly at the senior detective.

Endless riding the elevator up to vertigo. Stupid game Aggregation.
          Maze on time. Final puzzle on time.

No intrigue. Just a lot of devices.

In general, this is one of the least successful games.

3 (three).

Moderator's Note:
          Please remember not to give too many details that might ruin surprises of the game for readers. Thank you.
          Last edited by Rianna; October 16, 2012, 07:41 PM.
          MHM, TRT, SSH, DOG, SHA, CUR, TRN, RAN, SAW, TMB, GTH, SEA

Comment

I gave it a 7. Definitely a good game, but not quite up there with the best. Kind of a random number, but an 8 felt like too much and 6 felt too low. So I'd say a 7. I enjoyed the game, but I felt that there were way too many puzzles and confusing scientific things that I couldn't understand without the strategy guide. I'll have to replay it again and see how I feel about it the second time around, a lot of times I warm up to a game after replaying it. But my initial reaction is that it's a 7 for me. To be honest, just the phone messages Nancy gets from the Hardy Boys after the credits were enough for me to almost bump this up to an 8. I know, I'm ridiculous. But yeah. I'd say it was a good, solid game. Not amazing, and I had a few problems with it, but overall it was fun for me and I felt like HER had been listening closely to our suggestions.

- audrey

Comment

Moderator's Note:
              Please remember not to give too many details that might ruin surprises of the game for readers. Thank you.

I love games where Nancy is seeking the treasure
              Sorry.
              MHM, TRT, SSH, DOG, SHA, CUR, TRN, RAN, SAW, TMB, GTH, SEA

Comment

Fun and Educational Game

I loved this game! It was the first I've ever played on master detective, and I enjoyed the challenge. I got frustrated at some points, but the game lasted longer than any of the other games have for me, and I had fun the whole time.

I also want to add that I had absolutely no problems downloading the game this time. I was playing the game in less than an hour from the time the download was available. It was a very pleasant surprise :)

Comment

This was a wonderful game! I learned a lot of science,The characters were each....weird. I give it a 9/10! its in my top 5 favorites!
                  And all I loved, I loved alone.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I absolutely adore this game, which is a real shocker. I give it a rating of 10/10!

For anyone interested, here is a link to my review of this latest installment: The Deadly Device - My Review
                    ²..Rianna
                    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
                    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
                    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
                    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
                    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

Comment

I gave it a ten. It's been the best in a while. So good.

Comment

I gave it a 10 as well! This game was absolutely awesome!! The plot, the setting, the characters, the music, the puzzles, the snooping, everything!!
                        The Deadly Device has clearly been added to my favorite ND games!
                        ~ MYSTERY SOLVED ~

I learned that Secrets Can Kill | I made sure to always Stay Tuned for Danger
                        I read the Message in a Haunted Mansion | I dig up the Treasure in the Royal Tower
                        I played the Final Scene | I revealed the Secret of the Scarlet Hand
                        I leashed the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake | I rode the Haunted Carousel
                        I braved the Danger on Deception Island | I unveiled the Secret of Shadow Ranch
                        I lifted the Curse of Blackmoor Manor | I discovered the Secret of the Old Clock
                        I took the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon | I faced the Danger by Design
                        I hunted the Creature of Kapu Cave | I trained the White Wolf of Icicle Creek
                        I perpetuated the Legend of the Crystal Skull | I chased the Phantom of Venice
                        I figured out the Haunting of Castle Malloy | I paid the Ransom of the Seven Ships
                        I received Warnings at Waverly Academy | I followed the Trail of the Twister
                        I saw the Shadow at the Water's Edge | I escaped the Captive Curse
                        I gave an Alibi in Ashes | I explored the Tomb of the Lost Queen
                        I repaired the Deadly Device | I busted the Ghost of Thornton Hall
                        I uncovered the Silent Spy
                        But will I put the Shattered Medallion back together?

Comment

I really enjoyed this game. The graphics were awesome, the plot was interesting, and the music was intense. I really enjoyed this plot because there has only ever been one other Nancy Drew murder mystery, and that gave the game a real sense of danger and adventure. The characters were all up to par with normal Nancy characters, cooky and interesting. Although, the game was a but predictable. The plot twists didn't surprise me as many past games have. I also did not like having hints in the check list. I found I used them too much and it took away some of the accomplishment I felt when I finished a puzzle. I also didn't like that it took place only inside. I enjoy the games better when you can leave and have a larger place to explore. Overall, this was a great game! It was fun, challenging, I learned a lot, which is what I believe these games are about.

Comment

to #2, Sleuth Mom

I can totally relate. I have not been able to finish the Oriental One. I've tried several times, my kids have tried and even a close friend. We get to the secret bath, and do the .... "puzzle" but Nan never says anything and the little door to the last clue never opens. I know who did it and why (looked it up on Youtube - I am about 3 total steps from the end). So I understand about not being able to finish. Very Frustrating.

I've not played this game yet, it's ordered and I'm waiting. It's been 4 days now, and the others all came within 2-4 days, but now it's late and I'll have to wait until Monday (assuming it comes this weekend) as I work weekends.... *sigh* it's all good, I'll get to play it eventually...and add it to the rest of my games (I have all and have played all, excluding the Oriental one, have completed all). :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat10 View Post
                              I did not like this game because of the huge number of obscure instruments. As soon as I walked into the lab, horrified. I am not a physicist. What is the oscillator, I faintly imagine.

I was also annoyed by the job on time. Very difficult to arrange the slides on the computer for a while, which is given to players. Particularly at the senior detective.

Endless riding the elevator up to vertigo. Stupid game Aggregation.
                              Maze on time. Final puzzle on time.

No intrigue. Just a lot of devices.

In general, this is one of the least successful games.

3 (three).

Moderator's Note:
                              I agree with you Blackcat 10! I thought the game was dull and I too disliked Aggregation-Aggravation! I am hoping that the next game will go back to being kind of gloomy and scary instead of "high tech". I gave the game a "2".

Comment

Working...
                              X