Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Shocking Conclusion: A Cake Review

My Introduction
    Hello there! I'm disneygirl12, and welcome to my newest cake review, on The Deadly Device. I hope you enjoy reading! :)
    In this game, Nancy is hired to investigate the murder of the legendary scientist, Niko Jovic. After an experiment in the Tesla coil went awry, Niko lost his life. However, it looks like someone caused the coil to malfunction! It's up to you to track down the murderer before it's too late.

Good Cakes (pros)
    The plot for this game is very exciting - it has been a while since a murder mystery was added to the series, so this was nice and new.
    The storyline, I feel worked very well. All of the events were stringed together nicely, and everything was put in the right place.
    I think all of the characters were great. Each had different personalities, and they interacted with Nancy in different ways. It would have been nice to talk to them more, though.
    The game takes place in a high-tech laboratory in Colorado. The lab was very large and fun to explore.
    The puzzles in this game were at their best! They ranged in difficulties, with most of them having some form of challenge. Each of them related to the plot and/or setting, which was very nice.
    This game had very good music, which was a nice surprise. They really helped fit the tone of the game, which I loved.
    Snooping has returned! At different points in the game, you have the opportunity to look around the characters' work spaces.
    This game was rather long, compared to recent games. I love this because there is so much to do and explore!

Pancakes (so-so's)
    The culprit choice was not a bad choice. I was rather surprised by who he/she was, but it wasn't too hard to guess.
    The ending puzzle was tricky, and related to the plot very well. It just didn't contain all of the excitement that I had hoped for.

Overall, The Deadly Device proves to be an amazing game in the series; it may just make it to my Top 10 list. ;) I would recommend this game to any fan of the Nancy Drew series, for its great cast of characters, wonderful setting, and challenging puzzles. I will definitely be coming back to play this game very soon. My overall rating for this game, as shown below, is the miraculous 5 out of 5 stars. I hope you enjoy the game, and thank you for reading my review! Feel free to comment; they're always welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :D

= Excellent!
    Read my last review, on Legend of the Crystal Skull.
    Read my next review, on Ransom of the Seven Ships.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Last Game: Tomb of the Lost Queen
    Next Game: Ghost of Thornton Hall
    Last edited by disneygirl12; February 5, 2015, 08:21 PM. Reason: Updated to new board color
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Another great review! DED is definitely near the top of my list. We needed a murder very badly, and HeR delivered hahaha. Hope to see more reviews from you! I wonder if there's any games you haven't done by now?
    I need
    ûTo get better
    ûTo do well
    ûTo be happier
    ûTo be loved
    ûTo get richer

üObama

thx for the sig ndsolver<3

Originally posted by iamnancydrew:)
    How many big island bucks would I have to pay for him to give me a strand off of his succulent pony tail?

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

we love u Lani!!

Comment

Originally posted by asiagoAttorney View Post
      Another great review! DED is definitely near the top of my list. We needed a murder very badly, and HeR delivered hahaha. Hope to see more reviews from you! I wonder if there's any games you haven't done by now?
      Thank you! I was very surprised to see that I would like DED so much, but it really is a great game. I'm glad for another murder in the series.
      Fun fact about disneygirl12: There are just 2 games in the series I have not completed.

Comment

Awesome review! I just got finished playing it, like, 3 minutes ago(would've finished earlier but with school work I only played it on the weekends lol). I wasn't too excited when I found out what this game was going to be about, but when I started playing the game, it was awesome!! I loved this game! The culprit shocked me! Reps to you

Comment

Originally posted by ctinkaty View Post
          Awesome review! I just got finished playing it, like, 3 minutes ago(would've finished earlier but with school work I only played it on the weekends lol). I wasn't too excited when I found out what this game was going to be about, but when I started playing the game, it was awesome!! I loved this game! The culprit shocked me! Reps to you
          Thanks! At first, I was a little bit excited, but I really didn't know what to expect. When the game started, I thought it was great, too! It was very adventurous. Thank you for commenting!

Comment

Yay for more snooping!

Comment

Working...
            X