Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally frustrated on Master Sleuth Key Card Color Puzzle!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally frustrated on Master Sleuth Key Card Color Puzzle!!!

I have been stuck on the color puzzle on master for nearly have an hour now :( Any tips? I think its kind of impossible to give the solution though bc of layering and placement though....

Edit: I'm just going to start ALL over on junior detective because this puzzle is so darn impossible!

Edit: Well, I perserveered and didn't start over! I solved the puzzle without spoilers, but it took me 2 hours @[email protected] Props to you HER for making harder puzzles ;)
    Last edited by luv2micky; October 19, 2012, 11:23 PM.
    "AFTERTHE SHARP-EYED JAYAND THE ROARING LION, PEACEWILL COMEON DOVE'S GENTLE WING"
    ♡ ¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤ Night Whispers ¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤ ♡

♬ Solved All of Nancy's Cases ♬
    Special Thanks to hat-dancer for the swirls!

I <3 my cat Micky!

Help!

Good for you! Any advice you can give? I've been working it on and off for days. I've never been this frustrated with a nd puzzle before :(

Comment

please

can you post how you solved it? please?

Comment

Solving color puzzle without a spoiler

I'm not the original poster, but here's how I solved it without a spoiler. Basically I used trial and error. Of course you have to find a way so that Gray won't come back and catch you, so here's how I bought myself more time:

I put the key card in the card programmer and clicked on "keycards" on the computer screen. The color chart popped up and I set to work with the tiles. After a very short time, 30 seconds or so, I took the keycard out of the programmer and left. I went to my room and on the way noticed the alarm was still on. I "SET" the clock in my room for nighttime (even though it was already nighttime).

I exited my room and now, because I reset the clock, the alarm was turned off. So I turned on the alarm, waited for Gray to leave and re-entered the booth. On the screen was where I left off with the tiles. I worked on the tiles another 30 seconds or so, then left again before Gray returned and reset the clock again and then the alarm. I kept doing this until I figured out the tile overlays. I had to do it half a dozen times or more but I was able to code the keycard.
        GHOST OF THORNTON HALL . . . . . . Dare to Play!

Comment

I mostly did the same as MysteryEye. Its really hard to explain because of the layering, but i can tell u that
          in the top left corner, put the bigger orange piece there, and also, in the top middle, use the rectangular purple piece, with the long side going vertical.
          Hope this helps a little bit :)
          "AFTERTHE SHARP-EYED JAYAND THE ROARING LION, PEACEWILL COMEON DOVE'S GENTLE WING"
          ♡ ¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤ Night Whispers ¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤ ♡

♬ Solved All of Nancy's Cases ♬
          Special Thanks to hat-dancer for the swirls!

I <3 my cat Micky!

Comment

someone else already posted a spoiler that worked very well and explained it. but thanks anyway.

Comment

mmcgarra, I'm not sure if your post was directed at me or Luv2Micky, but my post was aimed at those who wanted to know how to solve this puzzle without a spoiler. But anyway I'm glad you got it solved!
              GHOST OF THORNTON HALL . . . . . . Dare to Play!

Comment

Working...
              X