Stuck at Ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck at Ending

I have probably played this game over fifty times--and even that might be an underestimate--but over my last two playthroughs, I have accidentally gotten stuck in
    the projection room during the fifteen minute countdown
    because I
    opened the projector
    and it forced me to take the
    blueprints
    out. I didn't get to have the confrontational conversation with
    Brady about being a rotten fraud
    or receive
    the package
    from Sherman Trout. When I tried to use the second chance, it only took me to where
    the police start searching the building
    and I obviously can't leave. Any ideas about how to go back, or will I have to finish the game again without doing most of day 3?

Do you have a saved game prior to that point?

Julesy
    Happy 91st Birthday,
    Nancy Drew!

Nancy Drew was born when The Secret of the Old Clock was published on April 28, 1930!

Comment

Originally posted by hedgie View Post
      Do you have a saved game prior to that point?

Julesy
      No, I don’t even think to save anymore because I replay the game in one sitting. :/

Comment

Originally posted by yukixiaomeimei View Post
        No, I don’t even think to save anymore because I replay the game in one sitting. :/
        Not a good strategy when unexpected glitches occur.
        If the 2nd chance for where you are is not workable, then your only option is to use a previous 2nd chance.
        ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----
        LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

Comment

Can you second chance it by
          letting the police catch you in the room
          ? I haven't played this one in a while, so I can't remember if it will work that way.

Comment

I know, I don’t know why I’ve stopped saving in the older games. How do I get a previous second chance to work? You mean reload another save file?

I tried
            getting caught,
            but it only took me back to the moment before then, so I am still stuck
            in the projection room.

Comment

Originally posted by yukixiaomeimei View Post
              I know, I don’t know why I’ve stopped saving in the older games. How do I get a previous second chance to work? You mean reload another save file?

I tried
              getting caught,
              but it only took me back to the moment before then, so I am still stuck
              in the projection room.
              To get a previous second chance to work you click to load a saved game. But I don't think they are available this early in the games.
              ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
              ((
              ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
              ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
              ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸...¥.¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
              .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
              Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
              FAQ and New Member Resources
              [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

Originally posted by catsandbooks View Post
                To get a previous second chance to work you click to load a saved game. But I don't think they are available this early in the games.
                Right! Yeah, that feature wasn’t available until CRY at the earliest, or maybe ICE. Thanks for the clarification, and thank you to everyone for your help. I’ll just have to remember to save before I do that puzzle in case it glitches next time.

Comment

We were in the same situation but got out of it by
                  turning around and hiding in the cabinet until the police leave
                  Last edited by catsandbooks; February 19, 2018, 07:45 PM. Reason: Please do not bring up old threads; it is spamming.
                  Horsefanatic13 - From the smartest little girl I only know through books, Laura Ingalls Wilder:
                  Quote from "Fourth of July" chapter in Little Town on the Prairie:
                  Suddenly she had a completely new thought. The Declaration and the song came together in her mind, and she thought: God is America's king. She thought: Americans won't obey any king on earth. Americans are free. That means they have to obey their consciences. No king bosses Pa; he has to boss himself. Why (she thought), when I am a little older, Pa and Ma will stop telling me what to do... I will have to make myself be good... This is what it means to be free. It means, you have to be good. "Our father's God, author of liberty--" The laws of Nature and of Nature's God endow you with a right of life and liberty. Then you have to keep the laws of God, for God's law is the only thing that gives you a right to be free.

Comment

Working...
                  X