Jazz game not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz game not working?

I'm trying to play the jazz game but I don't seem to be able to make it move. The arrow keys on my keyboard don't move anything, and neither do the point-and-click arrows in the game. How do I make the pieces move, am I missing something? I'm playing on Windows 10. Just downloaded this game from Steam.

Any help would be appreciated!

I've never tried using the arrow keys, but the arrows on screen that you can click should work. I recently played this game on Windows 10 and while the clickable arrows did work, the game pieces moved a lot slower than on my Windows XP. Maybe these issues are similar.

One thing you could try is running the game in compatibility mode. It might be different for a downloaded version, but for a disk version, you'd do this:

- Find the game on your computer (the shortcut works, too) and right-click
    - Choose Properties
    - Click the Compatibility tab, check the checkbox for Compatibility Mode, and choose which OS mode to use (maybe try the Windows XP option)

I hope this helps! Hopefully others have ideas, too.
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

I have different advice if the advice given doesn't help: i remember the arrows on the game being kind of finnicky. I had to have the cursor positioned in just the right spot to be able to click on them (maybe exactly center). Also, if the musical note CAN'T move in a certain direction, then that button can't be clicked. Try going up first.
      I guess you know for certain that you've started the game? (Repetitive drum music is playing)
      Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
      And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
      When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
      When the four-sided box loses its border,
      When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
      When the bird of fire can see again,
      When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
      The king of the sky will shine his rays,
      And hidden beneath a river of colors
      Will lie a gate to golden wonders.

Comment

Working...
      X