Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEN: Review: One of the Best.. So Far

***No Spoilers*** *** Purely my humble opin***

Phantom of Venice, where do I start? As I normally do, I like to say which parts of a game are a make or break for me which are rich, meaningful diablog with characters, developed characters, interaction with backgrounds, and storyline.

My first impression of the game was of course with the scenery and background. Nicely done, for the most part. The graphics were alright, Nancy's room being the most fun. The art work, for me, was very interesting and was almost a character in and of itself. Maybe it's just me but I picked up on bright backgrounds during light moments and heavier tones used during moments that were a bit more serious. Nice job on that. I don't know if that was the intent but that's how I perceived it. It did add to the experience, for me. But, given that the backdrop was in Venice it would have been nice to see more of Venice.

The story? I mean, who doesn't love a good caper? I do. I loved this one too. Though, I was a bit disappointed by the final reveil, go figure. To me the game play and Nancy's discoveries throughout the game didn't add up to the ending. Even in plot twist situations, for me it wasn't ... explained fully how Nancy could come to her conclusions. If anyone disagrees, please feel free to comment. Also, there are a few loose ends.

The conversations were fun, very fun and at times hilarious. Thumbs up on the background interaction as well I love it when Nancy has human things that she can do and do and do. The puzzles were pretty challenging even on Jr. level.

I'd totally recommend this game to anyone. I'd say this would even be a great starter game for someone who has never played and ND computer game. Again, these are only my opinions, observations and perceptions without spoilers. You may see something different. To me that just adds to the fun.

Thanks for reading.

I agree with the title; I think this is one of the greatest ND games ever made. And I agree with a lot of what you said! The story is great. I was a tad disappointed with the ending too at first, but over time, I've come to like it more. I think there are enough clues there the more I play.

I remember first playing this game and being blown away by the graphics. Nancy's room is so richly red, and the animation of the water is gorgeous. I wish we got to see a bit more of the water because it's just that great.

Nice review!
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

Originally posted by disneygirl12 View Post
      I agree with the title; I think this is one of the greatest ND games ever made. And I agree with a lot of what you said! The story is great. I was a tad disappointed with the ending too at first, but over time, I've come to like it more. I think there are enough clues there the more I play.

I remember first playing this game and being blown away by the graphics. Nancy's room is so richly red, and the animation of the water is gorgeous. I wish we got to see a bit more of the water because it's just that great.

Nice review!
      Thank you! When did you first play this game? Game graphics have come a long way in the last few years. It's mind blowing so I guess my opinion is based on current standards. I still think the graphics in this game hold up.

Comment

Working...
      X