a NDfavs review (spoilers included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a NDfavs review (spoilers included)

With my world renowed review skills. (not really but i wish i was a world renowed reviewer) i will attempt to review VEN. Please don't flame me because theese are my opions and everone is entitled to their own opinion.

Alright so as i was going through the game i was compiling a list of pro's and con's. I believe that i will start with the con's so we can get that done and over with and you can look foward to the pros.

Con's to this game are as follows:
    I don't like the new menu. Never have never will. It will always be part of my cons list as long as it isn't there.
    I did not like the fact that the beginning was a flash back. I hate thoose i wish we could just go back to letter writing. that would be alot easier.
    I didn't like the fact that you didn't have an number list when you went to use the phone. I realized later that you could keep you're notebook open while dialing and you could use the keypad to dial. But i didn't get that right off of the bat
    I hated mrs.ruffaford's voice. I don't think that it matched the old one but i don't really rember the old one that well. I think i though tis about DAN too. But i'm not that sure.
    Also i would like to comment on the over use of mrs.Ruffaford. I think HER has used her way to much. And mabey we should be retiring the charrie.
    I so miss the clock that we use to have carrying with us. I like to know what time it is even if it isn't revelavant to the current story. i have a time phobia if you will.
    I hated HER advertising Hayden Peniter (i so spelled that wrong but i can't figure out how to spell it correctly.) but i didn't like the fact that HER was endorsing her bevause i don't like her that much . . . so yeah.
    In this game it was painfully obvious that there was a difference between sets and people. To me if felt like the sets were real and then they just put clay models in there. This was painfully obvious in the end sequences and During the rides on the gondolas.
    The green arrow annoyed me to no end. I could never get all of the coins of the street and the green arrow would never go away.
    Where were bess and george? I mean they are part of my favorite thing with playing nancy drew games. I loved them to death and all of the sudden they're up and gone? i might have missed it but was this explained at all? By HER or the game? i hated how they weren't in teh game. That almost ruined the game for me.
    I did not like the re-vamp of the second chance settings. of course what are you suppose to do when you take away the menu screen with the second chance thing. I hated how it was constantly making saved games that were my second chances. I mean i loved the phrases and i would love them so stay but i didn't like in the style they were done.
    I hate the bees i never win at that game.
    I didn't like joe's voice. it could be my imagination but i think it changed. Either way it wasn't that good. Half the time i couldn't tell who he was.
    I didn't like the splitting up of fred and joe. They're suppose to be brothers for a reason. I hope HER dosen't keep this up.
    I hated the ridiculous ammount of cutscenes. I found myself avoiding the stairs at all costs. I hated how we couldn't jsut walk up and down the stairs. Am i uncapable of making nancy walk down the stairs? I think it might have saved time too.
    I hated the water problem. That thing at the end where it was all well make the water do this and then i promise you can go up the stairs. And it took me forever to figure out.
    I found this game a little short too. It took me less than a day to finish and in my book that is way to short of a nancy drew mystery game.
    That's about it i guess you can comment on thoose and stuff.

Not for the pro's there aren't as many of them but they're good ones.
    I loved the music. I loved the beginning where you heard the origonal theme. that made me so happy i screamed and everyone in my house stared at me. It was a highlight of the game truly.
    I would happy the in nancy's room for the last 2 games i think the season has been summer. i looked out the window this time and it was winter. While i think this might have been more appropriate for ICE it was nice attention to detail from HER.
    THe deatils of the sets themselfs were beautiful i loved them. I would have liked to go more places though.
    I liked how unlike previous games there was more than One way to make money. since i had the worse time with the bees. I spent my time dancing. Which wasn't the most enjoyable thing int he world it paid the rent.
    Also at the end when nancy was explaining the epilogue the word HER appeared. I though that was great.
    Does anyone know what a num num is?

I did get the easter egg with no help. i can't figure out what to do with it but that's okay.

Overall i give this game 3 out of 4 stars. It was almost a 2 out of 4 stars but i felt like it wasn't helf bad it was a little better you know?
    i didn't think ti was shell shocking work but it was half decent and it wasn't as bad as some of the games as of late . . .

AS always thanks for reading through the longest review in history and Ciao.
    p.s. I would like comments on this review.
    3C0928
    1e474f
    The true color of nancy drew

You can click on any of the yellow/gold colored game names for my reviews! Go ahead and read them!

It is always appropriate to leave reputation for someone, even if the post is as old as Adam and Eve.
    I am a Christian (specifically a Nazarene) , and very proud!

Please be aware of the fact that when you vote people's threads down, because you don't like them, and not because of the content of their thread, then you may be harming their confidence about their creative works. I want to thank everyone for the kindness and respect that you have showed me on the boards, so lets keep it up!

this is a great review, although it's a lot different from others. But that's a good thing.
    honey.
    ......> you ask me the number of .*·.¸¸.·`¯`)
    ..shoes i own? i can't even ..(¸ ¸.·*`¯`*·--*`>_x
    *`¯`*·.¸¸x`¯`x¸¸.·->>«« count that high dahling
    `*·-»«
    ©SL

Comment

I think that was a very well-thought out, thorough & fair assessment of the game. I agree with most everything you said! __Sam

Comment

they split up frank and joe? HER didnt create frank and joe - they have no right to split them up.. im a little confused.
        i havent received the game yet, but i played the demo and that stair thing annoyed me too. it always annoys me like in and danger on deception island and danger by design..
        and thankyou for the review, i liked how you put a lot of thought into it and noticed the little things, you know?
        so thanks
        Last edited by xnancydrew; July 4, 2008, 08:02 PM.
        like, dude .

Comment

Thank you for such an honest and detailed review! While I haven't played the game and only the demo, I agree with you on a lot of those. And the advertising, they also advertised MAC. I would like it more if they created their own brands, famous people, etc. instead.

Comment

thanks everyone for commenting on my review. I'm glad that you guys agreed with me even a little bit because i know i can be extremely picky when i do things.
            3C0928
            1e474f
            The true color of nancy drew

You can click on any of the yellow/gold colored game names for my reviews! Go ahead and read them!

It is always appropriate to leave reputation for someone, even if the post is as old as Adam and Eve.
            I am a Christian (specifically a Nazarene) , and very proud!

Please be aware of the fact that when you vote people's threads down, because you don't like them, and not because of the content of their thread, then you may be harming their confidence about their creative works. I want to thank everyone for the kindness and respect that you have showed me on the boards, so lets keep it up!

Comment

Working...
            X