Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rated it 9...it's one of my favorite games.
    Whom

Comment

I loved this game! I gave it a ten. It was definitely one of my favorites!

My grandfather was from Italy, so it was interesting to have the story set there and to learn some Italian and things. I loved the characters, I thought they were interesting and really made me think about who the culprit could be. I loved the puzzles, especially the Scopa game...It was just really fun

Comment

I have completely mixed feelings about this game. I have been playing Nancy Drew since Secrets Can Kill first came out and I feel like HER is moving away from the old ND dynamic. I miss the real mystery, the scary factor, having to do sleuthing the old fashioned way (going through drawers, not so much technology). In VEN I felt like I was just doing tasks and not completely engulfed in a mystery like I was with MHM and CUR. I think with a little more plot development and maybe a little more interaction with the Phantom VEN would have been more enjoyable. I did however think the graphics were amazing and I loved learning a few Italian phrases. Overall I'd give VEN 6/10.
        RIsleuth
        The sky's the limit

¸+*¨¯¨*+.¸….…¸+*¨¯¨*+.¸..¸.+*¨¯¨*+¸…….¸.+*¨¯¨*+¸
        '·--·*.…'…`+¸'·--·*……))((……*·--·'¸+´….'…*·--·'
        `+.,¸__¸,.+´`+.,¸__¸,.+´

®ND

Comment

I liked this game a lot. I felt I was more absorbed in it than ICE or CRY or even DAN. A few things I liked were that all of the suspects were devious, the Scopa game was fun, and the Easter eggs were fun to do. I didn't like that one of the guests up and left--that was VERY random-- and the dancing--was that supposed to be a bar of some sort? It was uncomfortable to watch her dance in a catsuit and hear men and women yell "Bravissima!". I also didn't like that even though this was named after the Phantom of Venice, you saw him once during the game. I wanted to see him popping up randomly, scaring you. And what was up with Samantha calling you?
          Overall I'd give it an eight, as it was very fun to solve.
          oy with the poodles already.
          --B-R-O-A-D-W-A-Y--

my antidrug
          Wicked--RENT--Phantom of the Opera
          Mary Poppins--25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee--Spamalot
          The Lion King--You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown--Legally Blonde
          Dirty Rotten Scoundrels--Drowsy Chaperone--Into the Woods
          Seussical--Nunsense--Brooklyn--The Producers
          ©A1+Gilmore Girls

Comment

The Phantom of Venice was truly a Her Interactive success. The game was unique from all the others in that you as Nancy Drew found yourself playing in the "shark infested waters" in order to catch the culprit. The game, set in Venice, Italy, had a great flow of plot and mystery. I truly recommend this for old Nancy Drew gamers and the new!

outlaw1991
            Last edited by outlaw1991; July 28, 2008, 12:57 PM.
            outlaw1991

..Think about your destination
            But don't worry if you stray
            Because the most important thing,
            is what you learned along the way...
            - Jillian K. Hunt

Want to know what type of mystery you are??? TaKe My QuIz and find out!! Also visit my Sig shop! Click here!!

Comment

I thought The Phantom of Venice was a great game. The scenary, the characters, and all the different things you could do like: dance, pick flowers, play SCOPA! Also I loved how you were undercover for the GDiF it was different from the other Nancy Drew games. Overall I'd give the game a 9/10
              .........When you find your path, you must ignore fear
              ..................You need to have the courage to risk mistakes
              ...............................But once you are on that road

............................RUN
              ...................................RUN
              ............................................RUN
              ..............................................and don't stop til you've reached its end...
              .................................................. ....-José Harris

My Petition ||

Comment

I thought the effects on it were the best do far on any game i gave it a 10/10. I also thought the game of scopa was very clever and fun. also I like the fact of being able to go many places.
                oxlaxgurlox
                .......•*¨¯¨*•.
                ....(..(...*•-•´
                .•*¨¯¨*•. .
                `•-•*..)) Will you dare to play?
                ...¸.•´.•´ Curse of Blackmoor Manor
                ..•*¨¯¨*•....•*¨¯¨*•. ...•*¨¯¨*•. .•*¨¯¨*•.
                (.....*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. ..`•-•*.....).•*¨¯¨*•.
                .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´ `•.,¸_¸,.•´.......*•-•´

games I've beaten
                SCK MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG
                CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN
                DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU
                RAN WAC TOT SAW CAP

~~1 Peter 5:7~~

Comment

I gave it a 10!! One of my new favorites. I thought it was one of the best games HER has made.It was challenging during the stakeout because of the people speaking Italian! I cant wait for the new ND game!!
                  i came in like a wrecking ball

Comment

I found this game quite enjoyable! There were a few little thing that I didn't enjoy too much, one being the game just seemed a little too short (not too short but it would have been nice if it was just a little longer) and two there didn't seem to be very many challenging puzzles. Other then that I thought the game was great, the graphic were good, the plot was good, and the characters were good. (You get the idea)
                    Overall I gave it a Ten.

Comment

I highly enjoyed this game. The setting of Venice was realistic; I felt like I was actually there. The plot was amazing and I don't think HER has had any other plot like it before. The characters, especially Margherita and Colin, were memorable in their own ways. There were many things in the game that you could do in case you had down-time.

On the other hand, some parts were difficult and sometimes there wasn't an in-game indication of what exactly we were supposed to do. Some events seemed like you had to do something very, very specific in order to progress.

All in all, I gave this game a 9/10. It was fun going about Venice and learning about the Italian culture.
                      I'm [thinking] about you...

...like [Joe Hardy] thinks about {cheeseburgers}

got kilt?

Comment

Sorry, but i have to say i hated the game.
                        The only thing that's getting better in this game is the graphics. Other than that, SCK was better than this game. I found it lagging, boring, and just plain stupid. You didn't get to snoop enough and it really wasn't hard. You didn't get to use your head at all. George and Bess didn't show up and Nancy showed no signs of even telling her Dad or someone about the case at the end. I would have liked to see her write an e-mail to them if a letter was so old fashioned that they couldn't use it.
                        Sorry, but I have to say that I'm no longer buying Nancy Drew games.
                        .•*¨¯¨*•. .•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•. .•*¨¯¨*•.
                        .•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*…..) (…..*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•.
                        `•-•*.….`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´ ….*•-•´
                        HAPPY HAU-LLOWEEN!
                        .•*¨¯¨*•. .•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•. .•*¨¯¨*•.
                        .•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*…..) (…..*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•.
                        `•-•*.….`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´ ….*•-•´

©LadyGreenleaf

Comment

this game was far too short and was not scary at all. The scenery was amusing and playing scopa was fun... but honestly this is not one of the games i am going to play again.
                          Want an ND app for the iPhone/iTouch? Sign this!

¸¤´¨¯¨`+¸my god moves
                          (......°•-•°..¸+´¯))mountains,
                          .`+.,¸_¸,.¤´..¸.•´parts seas,
                          ............¸+´..¸+´¨¯¨`+.raises the dead
                          ..........(_¸.•´........°•-•°does yours?
                          ©pgicy3__I.Write.Sigs.not.Tragedies

Visit my sig shop!

My CRY A.E. {Northern Downpour Sends its Love}

check it out

Comment

I am soooo excited to play the game! I give you all reps for great anwsers!!!! good job!
                            «.¸¸.¤´¯))¸·´¨¯¨`·¸…'…¸.·*¨¯¨*+.,¸¸,.·¦¤¦
                            ....×·´¯`·*.¸..*·-·´`·--·*
                            and the lion fell in love with the lamb
                            …….…¤._)·*¨¯¨*+.,¸¸,.·*¸·*¨¯¨*·¸((¯`+.,¸¸,.×*¨¯¨*·»
                            ………………………….`·-·* ¸.*·´¯`·+
                            ®ND+E18S…………………(_.+
                            -Twilight

If I HELP YOU PLEASE GIVE ME REPS!!

Comment

This game was great!!!!! I loved how she was working for the Gdif! Also, the fact how you had to earn your own money and pay for your disguise gave it a more relistic aspect to it. There were a few drawbacks though. First, the game was too short. Second, the end came to an abrubt start. Unlike other games, which you had to fight/pursuit the culprit, this game had the police catch the culprit. Over all, i think this game was worth the money and time! Keep up the good work!!!!
                              Frank Hardy
                              He's really smart.
                              And really cute.
                              And guess what?
                              He's my true love!
                              Who's your true love?
                              Find out here!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")
                              Put this cute bunny in your sig if you want herinteractive to keep making Nancy Drew games!

Comment

I gave it a 6/10.

I was a bit disappointed at how easy the game was, even at senior level. The puzzles didn't require any brain cells, just common sense. I would have loved a few more puzzles that actually required some thinking.

The character development was great except when one 'up and left'. That was a bit strange and I was hoping to hear more from that character.

It was too short and the ending was not the usual thrilller. There's a certain charm that some of the ND games have such as The Secret of Shadow, and Blackmoor and I didn't think this game trapped the essence of Italy. The streets were deserted basically.

Mixed emotions.. but good
                                The Best Things of Life Are Free.... unless you're paying for objects for a certain person in Paris
                                ... or if you need some gas while trying to solve The Secret of the Old Clock...
                                ... or if you are sent to search feverishly for earthworms and insects to aid the search for the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake....
                                ... or possibly be a stable hand for the day and attempt at mixing the horses' food correctly while you discover the Secret of Shadow Ranch...
                                So they say the best things of life are free.... so why isn't the thrill of solving a mystery free?
                                - Because it's the work the goes into the mystery that makes it all it can ever be -

---- Golden Sleuth

Comment

Working...
                                X