The Masked Thief (Spoiler Free!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masked Thief (Spoiler Free!)

My first review, but who cares ! Lets just get down to it!

Gameplay: 8
    The length of game play for me was similar to White Wolf. The puzzles are a bit easy, but it goes along very well with the storyline.

Graphics: 8.5
    I personally thought the graphics improved since Crystal Skull. When Nancy does her default talking, there is actually expression coming from the characters, and the beautiful Venice scenery is definitely a plus.

Characters: 9
    The characters were very unique and cute in this game. One of characters actually made me laugh with his passion for mosaics, and definitely don't miss out talking on the phone with Prudence and Ned, especially Ned. They provide some funny moments

Sound: 8
    Beautiful music that upholds the Venice atmosphere

Add-Ons: 8.5
    There are definitely extra things you can keep an eye out for in this game, like our good old Easter Egg hunt and lots more. After reading the forums, I would advise you to sit through the credits when your done

Scariness: 6
    If your looking for a thriller, then this particular segment might disappoint you.

Overall: 8.5
    I liked this game. I thought it was a fresh change from the usually dark, spooky cases that Nancy always works on. This particular installment is light and funny at times. Even though it still doesn't live up to Blackmoor yet, it is still worth playing
    Last edited by TopSecret; July 6, 2008, 11:52 AM.
    ........................_______........_____................
    |¯¯¯¯\..__ _._ __..___.|__...__|___...| ._. \|¯|.__ _.......
    | |¯| |/ _' | '__|/ _ \...| |../ _ \..| |_). | |/ _' |¯| |¯|
    | |_| | (_| | |..| .__/...| |.| (_) | | .___/| | (_| | |_| |
    |____/.\__,_|_|...\___|...|_|..\___/..|_|....|_|\__,_|\__' |
    ............................................ .........|___/

©ASCII letters-Sandy01+HI+Nan2831

Nice reveiw, rep point from me!
    I have solved: SCK (I), SCK(II), STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH & TMB

The Danish Detective!

Comment

Ah~ Good review you have there. It's making me anticipate getting the game even more. I can't wait!

A T O M I C K i t t e n.

Comment

great review it made the me want the game even more than before.
        Just a suggestion... MAybe you could add a scariness section
        honey.
        ......> you ask me the number of .*·.¸¸.·`¯`)
        ..shoes i own? i can't even ..(¸ ¸.·*`¯`*·--*`>_x
        *`¯`*·.¸¸x`¯`x¸¸.·->>«« count that high dahling
        `*·-»«
        ©SL

Comment

Originally posted by Lollypops1994 View Post
          great review it made the me want the game even more than before.
          Just a suggestion... MAybe you could add a scariness section
          That is a good suggestion. And reps to all of you who took the time to read my review

Comment

I very much agree with your review and I enjoyed the game perhaps more than most of the other gamers because I am actually from Italy and visit Venice quite frequently. I also loved the gondoliers that sang to you, I thought that was a fabulous addition to the game and it really brought out the Venetian culture. On the contrary, I didn't appreciate the random bits of trash everywhere, as many times as I have been to Venice I have yet to see that much trash. But this definatly was a wonderful game. Love your review!
            ....¸..¸...¸..¸
            ...’......‘.’......‘.
            ...‘...............’
            .....‘...........’
            .......‘.......’ If God had intεndεd us to foℓℓoω rεcipεs,
            .........‘...’ ....Hε ωouℓdn't havε givεn us grandmothεrs.
            ...........'......~Linda Hεnεℓy

Graziε from Itaℓy for making Nancy’s Baking Sεcrεts Rεvεaℓεd a succεss. Cookiεs, Cakεs, Gεℓato, Bεnto, Parfaits, and 59 rεcipεs in counting, how can you rεsist?
            Fades by jen885

New Updates Coming Soon!
            Stay tuned for some authentic Scottish SPY recipes!

Comment

Great Review!!! Reps!

I am very happy to hear all the reports on how good the game is... mine is almost here, and I can't wait!
              (And constantly listening to Dean Martin for the past few days hasn't helped calm the excitement ... but I already listen to him all the time, anyway )

I am a bit disappointed to hear that it isn't as scary as some of us where hoping it may be, but is'okay ...

Overall, this really was an awesome review! Thanks for putting the time into making it for us!

-JonasBros<3ND
              Long time no see, pals.

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiMMinsTAr456 View Post
                I very much agree with your review and I enjoyed the game perhaps more than most of the other gamers because I am actually from Italy and visit Venice quite frequently. I also loved the gondoliers that sang to you, I thought that was a fabulous addition to the game and it really brought out the Venetian culture. On the contrary, I didn't appreciate the random bits of trash everywhere, as many times as I have been to Venice I have yet to see that much trash. But this definatly was a wonderful game. Love your review!
                Yes, I loved the gondolier rides too. I have never been to Venice, but I doubted they have that much trash too .

I am very happy to hear all the reports on how good the game is... mine is almost here, and I can't wait!
                (And constantly listening to Dean Martin for the past few days hasn't helped calm the excitement ... but I already listen to him all the time, anyway )
                HAHA! Yea, I feel excited for you too. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Thank you both for reading my review and leaving the wonderful comments. Reps to the both of you

Comment

Ahhh! I'm not getting it until it's in stores!! This makes me antsy!!

Great review, reps for you!

(hey, that rhymes!) :D
                  MrWoogleWogle
                  .•*¨¯¨*•. And this ain't no place for the weary kind
                  `•-•*..…) This ain't no place to lose your mind
                  ...…¸.•´.….•*¨¯¨*•. This ain't no place to fall behind
                  ...•*¨¯¨*•. (.….*•-•´.•*¨¯¨*•. Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try
                  .(.… *•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*…..).…….•*¨¯¨*•. ~Ryan Bingham ..•*¨¯¨*•.
                  ..`•.,¸_¸,.•´…..*•-•´…….¸.•*¨¯¨*•.(.…*•-•´ ..•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•...`•-•*)
                  ©LadyGreenleaf `•.,¸_¸,.•´….. *•-•´ `•.,¸_¸,.•´*•-•´`•-•*….`•.,¸_¸,.•´

Comment

Originally posted by MrWoogleWogle View Post
                    Ahhh! I'm not getting it until it's in stores!! This makes me antsy!!

Great review, reps for you!

(hey, that rhymes!) :D
                    Wow! That does rhyme, that is awesome! It's ok...I'm still not satisfied, because now I'm antsy for the next one . Nooooooooooo!

And thank you for taking your time to read and leave a comment for my review. Reps for you
                    Last edited by TopSecret; July 6, 2008, 02:08 PM.

Comment

i heard the next one comes out october, so you dont have too long of a wait.

it looks really good, but im so excited for VEN. this made me a bit more excited.

thankyou for the very well thought-out review!

like, dude .

Comment

I really liked your review- my friend and I are going to buy it in stores! Thanks for not ruining the game- I read 2 different reviews for one game I have played and another I've never played and both of them included spoilers!
                        I Have Solved These Nancy Drew Games (Games In White Are My Reviews):
                        SCK~ST4D~MHM~TRT~FIN~ CAR~DDI~SHA~CLK~TRN~DAN~CRE~CRY~VEN
                        I appreciate reps and thank those who have given them to me!
                        Go Steelers, Now A 6-Time Superbowl-Winning Team!~

Why So Serious?

I am... NSG

Comment

Originally posted by xnancydrew View Post
                          i heard the next one comes out october, so you dont have too long of a wait.

it looks really good, but im so excited for VEN. this made me a bit more excited.

thankyou for the very well thought-out review!

Yes, that is what I heard too, but thanks for telling me and reading my review. It is good how HER always releases the installments so closely together.

I really liked your review- my friend and I are going to buy it in stores! Thanks for not ruining the game- I read 2 different reviews for one game I have played and another I've never played and both of them included spoilers!
                          I'm glad you liked my review. I hope you will enjoy VEN (spoiler free wise ) as much as I did. Thanks for taking the time to read my review and leaving a comment

Comment

Working...
                          X