Dialogue missing l's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialogue missing l's???

I have the digital download version of this game, and in the character's written dialogue, all the lower case l's are missing (as in Larry) and some of the lower case i's too. Just wondering if it's me or if others are having this same problem. I have emailed tech support about it and hope to get an answer soon on if there will be a game patch to fix this. I know it's a small thing, but something that should be right--I've never seen this kind of glitch in dialogue before.

I apologize if there is somewhere else I'm supposed to post this. I looked around and saw other similar comments on this section of the forum, so I hope I'm okay. I'm old. Give me a break. :)
    It's up to you as Nancy Drew!

Oh yeah... On my old computer I had back right after DED came out, it was a small Acer brand computer which could play games, but it wasn't great :P Anyways, I got TMB as a download on it and I noticed that problem with it. For DED I ordered boxed, but I didn't realize that the computer couldn't play the DVD-rom games which is what they had just started doing (The computer I had needed a disc drive plugged into it to play games before-- and I'm probably making this way more complicated than it needs to be ) Anyways, once I realized that, I bought a download and it had the same problem. With my new computer, it works fine. I wonder if it's just the computer. What kind do you have?
    To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
    Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

I didn't have that problem with The Shattered Medallion, but I did have a similar problem where there were letters missing with the dialogue in Tomb of the Lost Queen. I have since gotten a newer computer with a different video card, and now when I play Tomb of the Lost Queen, no letters are missing in the dialogue. So, I think it probably has something to do with your video card/drivers and not the game itself.
      Last edited by Tedbear2; May 16, 2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I have a Samsung laptop. It's a few years old, so I guess it could be the problem and not the game. But I have recently played other ND on this computer, and they have been perfectly fine. That's why I assumed it was a glitch in the current game. If no one else is having problems with it, I guess it's just my computer. :)
        It's up to you as Nancy Drew!

Comment

Hope tech support can help you. Seems odd to me that an issue with a certain computer could cause missing letters in the dialog of a program, but I'm no expert. I haven't had a chance to download my game yet, but if I have that issue, I'll let you know. My computer is 1 year old & running Windows 8, just in case age of computer or Windows version has anything to do with the issue
          "I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve jammie dodgers and a fez."
          (Doctor Who)

"The very first words in recorded history:
          Hello Sweetie.
          The Doctor: You graffitied the oldest cliff face in the Universe!
          River: You wouldn't answer your phone!"

(Doctor Who)

Comment

Working...
          X