Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this is the first game in the series I played and I wasn't sure what to make of it, and whether I would carry on. I think I would have given it a 6 at the time. But having a played a few others since then, I think I will knock a few points off. Sorry!

***merged***

^ 4.5/10.
    Last edited by hedgie; July 19, 2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

What happened?

I wasn't into this one. As a big fan of the Nancy Drew games, this one kinda blew it. It was boring, and short. The characters were boring. Not enough sneaking around, not enough places to go; puzzles from old games? Gave it a 2.

Comment

Although I had a hard time following the abstract dialogue in this game, I did enjoy the game overall. It wasn't one of my favorites, but it was unique.

I liked; meeting Sonny, the challenges, the method to get to the different locations. There was a good rhythm in the game.

The abstract dialogue really had me confused and wondering what to do, I felt rushed to finish the challenges but they really were not timed activities.

I had a bit of a hard time getting going in this game, but overall, I liked it. I think this one will stick with me, there were so many quotable moments!
        ................._
        ..............._(_)_
        ...@@@@.......(_)@(_)
        ..@@()@@.wWWWw..(_)\
        ...@@@@..(___).....`|/
        ..../......Y.......\|CCRyder
        .\.|.....\.|./......|./
        jgs|//...\\|///..
        \\\|//

©BeachBS~CaLi+jgs

Comment

What I thought about the game "The Shatered Medallion".

: This was a great game. I enjoyed all the puzzles and the great challenges throughout the mystery.

Comment

No. Just....no.

After playing these games for about 13 years, I've anxiously awaited each one and still love the rush of a new game, new plot, new characters, etc.

I went into this game not really knowing what to expect story wise. I knew Sonny would be in it (my sister and I were hoping he'd be cute....but no) and that it took place on a reality game show. I ended the game still not knowing what it was all about. I didn't even want to talk to anyone because no one made sense. Some of the puzzles were okay, but I just wanted to get to the end. No snooping, hardly any suspense, no plot. -_-

I've read through several other game reviews for this one and I've seen several similar opinions. Hopefully there wont be another flop.

Comment

I Can't Finish this game On Junior Mode.

I'm still stuck on the Sudden death tube puzzle. Tried dozen's of times myself had two people varying in age try it so I could move on, no luck! I think this will be my first ND game I do not complete. So for that reason I don't like this game and I've pretty much liked them all except one!

Comment

lots of puzzles

Really enjoyed this game because it seemed like there were many more puzzles to do, which I love. Some took me a while to solve, but that's okay. My only dislike was, once again, I found there wasn't enough info to solve the final puzzle without tons of assist (in this case screen shots). It made me feel less than victorious. I look forward to a challenging final puzzle, but c'mon at least give me a chance (on amateur). Great to see puzzles at every turn of the exploration though!

Comment

I gave it a 3. It certainly isn't my favorite game. There was practically no mystery and I never felt like I was in imminent danger. I missed the suspenseful feel. Of course, meeting Sonny was great and I did enjoy the adventure part of getting to explore the locations. However, I wish the game had a mystery that was greater than the reality competition. I thought the other various characters were pretty forgettable. I didn't absolutely hate the game, but I wouldn't feel compelled to play it again. It was too short with not nearly enough snooping, suspense, or mystery. It makes for a decent and fun adventure game, but a mystery game? Not so much.

Comment

Game Review

I thought this was a great game. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but I loved the graphics, the story-line, and having several diverse characters to talk to. It wasn't what I expected at all which is why I think it made a good game. I will definitely recommend trying this one out if you haven't played it yet.
                    #3 Gymnast11 ........¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
                    ........................(¯¨*·¸'·-·*.«.. )
                    ........ ¤*¨¯¨*¤¸....*·¸«.*·.,¸_¸,.·*·
                    . .. *·.,¸_)

"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likenes." -Philippians 2:6-7

Comment

Better than RAN, worse than...pretty much every other game I've played. I think it needs to be recatagorized from "adventure" to "puzzle"

Comment

I thought this game was great! Maybe because of two of the characters were in the game and they were my favorites? I haven't played The Shattered Medallion in a long time but I remember it well and I love the interaction but it is very different than the previous Nancy Drew games.

I voted on here as a 9/10 years ago but I'm pretty sure it was because of the two characters I really enjoyed. The puzzles were okay but the chatting with the characters were fun! You'd have to keep clicking on them to talk more but I thought this was a pretty good game.
                        ~ MD12 ~

Comment

Working...
                        X