Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MED Review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MED Review

    Hey There! I got my game this morning and have since finished it, and let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Here's a breif breakdown of the game:

    Characters: Great! They all had distinct personalities and seemed very realistic. Their movements were fluid and natural and overall were well done. George's appearance and voice are a HUGE improvement in my opinion, however, I'm not sure how I feel about Bess's appearance. (Also, Be ready for some Bess drama!) 9/10

    Graphics: Great! The scenery reflected New Zealand well, I think, and seemed very realistic. The water was realistic as well, which is good as it sometimes has a tendancy to look plastic-y. No reall issues in this department. 10/10

    Setting/Plot: The plot is as expected, so I won't spend too much time on that. It was well developed, with few questions, and the game was left somewhat open-ended. Setting was magnificent. First of all, the general location was great, but the best part was that there we SO many places to explore! So many that I had a tendancy to get a bit lost/confused every now and then. 10/10

    Gameplay/Minigames: Gameplay was a bit short for my taste, however I am a long-time Nancy Drew fan and have been playing these games forever. It took me about three hours, which is usually what I can replay an old game in. That was the one major disappointment. Minigames, however, ran rampant, which was as expected. Lots of opportunities to vex the brain, but even then, only a couple really slowed me down. 7/10

    Overall: In the end, it was a good game, but kind of a let down after SPY. I think it could have benefitted from a few more 'Stages' in the competition and a bit more story/backround, just to prolong it a bit more. Also, the culprit was extremely predictable; the minute I talked to them, I knew exactly how it was going to go down. However, it was a neat game and even a non-hardcore ND fan should have it in their repitoire. They next game looks amazing, but I'm keeping my lips sealed on that one! ;) Great job HeR! 9/10
    Last edited by sasha&selena; May 10, 2014, 04:59 PM.
    Nancy Drew fan since 2006
    Nancy Drew games and medical school don't mix
    Still can't believe that MID is finally out

  • #2
    Really? I thought it was a pretty weak game and I didn't love what they did with Sonny & I thought there wasn't much of a mystery. I agree that the gameplay was pretty fun, could've been more challenging though. And the graphics were nice. I also definitely agree that it was too short! The last few games have been so short that they almost don't feel like full Nancy Drew games. They're almost too short to really get immersed in Nancy's world; I can replay the last 3 games in an hour. Please, Her, make them longer. Even if it means stuff like Master Sudoku from SAW, lol

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AutumnMemories View Post
      Really? I thought it was a pretty weak game and I didn't love what they did with Sonny & I thought there wasn't much of a mystery. I agree that the gameplay was pretty fun, could've been more challenging though. And the graphics were nice. I also definitely agree that it was too short! The last few games have been so short that they almost don't feel like full Nancy Drew games. They're almost too short to really get immersed in Nancy's world; I can replay the last 3 games in an hour. Please, Her, make them longer. Even if it means stuff like Master Sudoku from SAW, lol

      I know what you mean with Sonny, and yeah the game definately could have been more challenging, and much, MUCH longer. I know precisely what you're getting at. I tried to be nice with my review though, and phrase it in the nicest possible waym, so it may have not come across as strong as I mean for it to, because I definately think it wasn't the best. Thanks for reading!
      Nancy Drew fan since 2006
      Nancy Drew games and medical school don't mix
      Still can't believe that MID is finally out

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice review! Now I'm even more excited to play! I really hope it's just your personal experience that it took you only three hours. I like prolonging the awesomeness as much as possible, LOL! The last few games took me around eight hours, which I liked. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!!!!
        To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

        My threads:

        R4JC!!
        Olivia Trey Penelope

        Comment


        • #5
          Great review! Can't wait until May 13 (I pre-ordered the digital download.)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ndfan1234 View Post
            Nice review! Now I'm even more excited to play! I really hope it's just your personal experience that it took you only three hours. I like prolonging the awesomeness as much as possible, LOL! The last few games took me around eight hours, which I liked. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!!!!
            There's a very good chance that that is the case! I remember when I first started playing ND games and it would sometimes take me a week just to figure things out! Good luck and enjoy your game!
            Nancy Drew fan since 2006
            Nancy Drew games and medical school don't mix
            Still can't believe that MID is finally out

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sasha&selena View Post
              There's a very good chance that that is the case! I remember when I first started playing ND games and it would sometimes take me a week just to figure things out! Good luck and enjoy your game!
              I mean, I've been playing ND for years, but it still takes me quite a while on the first time through :P After that, if I use convo skip with GTH and SPY, it tends to take me very little time. That's why I like to turn it off and resist using that LOL. So did this game feel about the same length as SPY? Or did it feel like, say, CRE? I'm also really glad that there's so many places to go you got lost! I love having a variety of places and not feeling so secluded! Ahhh! Tuesday can't come quick enough!!!!
              To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

              My threads:

              R4JC!!
              Olivia Trey Penelope

              Comment


              • #8
                Did you use the strategy guide?
                .•*¨¯¨*•...............•*¨¯¨*•.
                .•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´ .•*¨¯¨*•.
                `•-•*.....).....It's up to you.......(.....*•-•´
                ¸.•´......As Nancy Drew!.....`•.¸
                .•*¨¯¨*•................................•*¨¯¨*•.
                (....*•-•´....•*¨¯¨*•.....•*¨¯¨*•....`•-•*.....)
                `•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´....`•-•*.....`•.,¸_¸,.•´.

                ©LadyGreenleaf

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ndfan1234 View Post
                  I mean, I've been playing ND for years, but it still takes me quite a while on the first time through :P After that, if I use convo skip with GTH and SPY, it tends to take me very little time. That's why I like to turn it off and resist using that LOL. So did this game feel about the same length as SPY? Or did it feel like, say, CRE? I'm also really glad that there's so many places to go you got lost! I love having a variety of places and not feeling so secluded! Ahhh! Tuesday can't come quick enough!!!!
                  MUCH shorter than SPY. Honestly, it felt like the shortest game HeR has ever put out. (You mentioned CRE as being short?? I guess I can see where you're coming from there, but it's definitely longer than MED is.)

                  Originally posted by ClassicND View Post
                  Did you use the strategy guide?
                  No, I did not.
                  Nancy Drew fan since 2006
                  Nancy Drew games and medical school don't mix
                  Still can't believe that MID is finally out

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maybe I'm just slow, but I am not finding MED to be a short game. I do try to play through without hints.

                    Just out of curiosity, I went elsewhere online and looked at two walkthroughs: one for The Silent Spy and one for The Shattered Medallion. The Silent Spy walkthrough has 40 pages and The Shattered Medallion walkthrough has 37 pages. So yes, The Silent Spy is apparently somewhat longer, but that really isn't a huge difference in length.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Kapu Cave was the shortest ND game ever. And one of the worst. MED is better than that, at least.
                      It's up to you as Nancy Drew!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X