It's Not That Bad! - an MED review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not That Bad! - an MED review

First of all, I'd like to point out that this is my first review in forever. I haven't been on the boards in so long! I got this game for Christmas and just finished it today, so I thought I'd give my thoughts.

Overall: I give this game a 3.5/5. I had been reluctant to buy this game based on all of the negative reviews. While it wasn't the best ND game, it surely wasn't the worst. My least favourite game to date is TOT, and MED comes nowhere near that one.

Positives: I absolutely loved the concept of the game. I myself love reality TV, so getting to be on a show was pretty cool. I loved the stages and the competitiveness of the game, and I never found myself really bored. Most of the puzzles were challenging but simple to figure out, so I didn't have to consult the boards much. There were quite a few places to sneak around, and I liked that we could unlock multiple new spots on the map.

Negatives: The characters were a bit lacking in depth. Sonny Joon was much different than I had pictured him to be based on previous games, but it was cool to see him nonetheless. My favourite character was probably Patrick just because he was so clueless (kind of like on Spongebob lol), but the other characters had no personality. I do wish the game had been a bit longer and the storyline had been a bit different, since throughout the game it is a bit hard to figure out what the mystery actually is.

Final thoughts: I would definitely recommend this game to any ND fan, since I actually did enjoy this game. It was definitely not the worst one I've played and I really did enjoy the setting and reality TV concept. I think HeR always does a great job, and I would not consider this game to be a failure. I would, however, have changed a few things in order for it to be a bit more enjoyable.

Lauren
    Last edited by iheartjb27; December 26, 2016, 06:42 PM.
    xoxo, Lauren
Working...
X