Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or culprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting, please. Thank you!!
    0.43%
    1.29%
    0.43%
    2.15%
    6.44%
    4.72%
    13.30%
    23.18%
    20.17%
    27.90%
    ²..Rianna
    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

I gave it an eight. During the middle of the game, I loved the feeling that you couldn't trust anyone, but then very early on I was able to guess who the culprit was and where the ending would take place.

I just didn't like the choice of culprit or the ending. However I loved the character of Alec and Bridgets secret though.

;+ *; ,.;*+ ;
    ., * ' ' . ,` "* ;.'+' ;

Greater love has no one than this,
    that a man lay down his life for his friends.

.,;*+.* John 15:13 *.*;,.
    The silent spy awaits -
    ♦ + Dottore'sBANE ... has no remedy. + ♦
    ^Please click^ my VEN ae :)

Comment

I gave it a 9. Only for a few reasons did I dock it from a 10. I too wasn't especially happy with the choice of culprit, nor how you found out who the culprit was, or how you stopped them. But then again, I am rarely estatic about the choice of culprit. I think I am just weird about that But the rest of the game (MUSIC, background stories, laughs, angst/tension between characters, mystery, danger, flashbacks, *connections* etc. ) more than made up for it. It is now my favorite game.

Comment

I gave it a 9. I was okay with the choice of the culprit, I just wish we had more of a confrontation. Plus, I wasn't really happy with the ending. Other than that, though, I really loved this game! The plot was great and oh man, I loved those flashbacks!

--Derek

Comment

I gave it an eight. My full review is here. I was satisfied with who the culprit was, and I think he/she was the best choice. I guessed that he/she would be the guilty person as soon as Nancy met him/her, but this didn't take any satisfaction away from me. My favorite game is still Shadow at the Water's Edge, but this game is a step in the right direction for Her. It was a big improvement from Trail of the Twister, Tomb of the Lost Queen, and Alibi in Ashes for sure. I would put it on the same level as Deadly Device, but this game is slightly better because it had a bigger setting.

Comment

I give a 9. The reason is that I did not like how the culprit was easily stopped. I did LOVE the flashbacks and how we could not trust anybody! The draw back was that when Nancy started giving out that same info to the other characters. I liked the plot, puzzles were awesome, (also loved making the cookies ) but like i said before the culprit was lacking.
            I found out Secrets Can Kill
            I Stayed Tune for Danger
            I saw the Message in the Haunted Mansion
            I discovered the Treasure in the Royal Tower
            I saw the Final Scene
            I uncovered the Secret of the Scarlet Hand
            I saved the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
            I stopped the Haunted Carousel
            I survived the Danger on Deception Island
            I found the Secret of Shadow Ranch
            I un-cursed Blackmoor Manor
            I went back on time to find the Secret of the Old Clock
            I took the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
            I know the Danger by Design
            I uncovered the Creature of Kapu Cave
            I tamed the White Wolf of Icicle Creek
            I read the Legend of the Crystal Skull
            I stopped the Haunting of Castle Malloy
            I paid the Ransom of the Seven Ships
            I did not heed the Warnings of Waverly Academy
            I lit up the Shadow at the Waters Edge
            I followed the Trail of the Twister
            I captivated the Captive Curse
            I had a Alibi in Ashes
            I distroyed the Deadly Device

Comment

I gave this game an eight. I loved the characters, all but the culprit (but since I was able to guess very early on who the culprit would be, that is understandable). The plot was amazing, it had really fun puzzles, and I loved the different areas to explore. There was also one particular mini-game that I adored, and played over and over again. The reason I gave it an eight rather than a nine or ten, is in part because of the ending. The confrontation with the culprit was not all that I hoped it would be. Also, and I feel I am in the minority here, I was not a fan of the music, with the exception of the Kate Drew theme song. I felt that at times it didn't match with the mood of where I was in the game. But overall, I thought that this was a very good game, and I will enjoy replaying it again soon.
              Have officially finished all Nancy Drew games

My favorites:
              Secret of Shadow Ranch
              Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
              Ghost of Thornton Hall
              The Silent Spy
              Labyrinth of Lies

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
              ~Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
              A.K.A My favorite novel ever

Just as I am loyal to The Doctor, and not the actor playing him, I am loyal to Nancy. There will be an adjustment period for the new voice actor for Nancy, however, I've made it through many regenerations watching Doctor Who. If I have learned to love a new Doctor that many times, I'm sure I can learn to love a new voice for Nancy.

Comment

Very good on So many levels

What a great game it was fun, full of action, emotion and a little funny too
                I give it a Solid 9.3 it would have totally been a ten it's just that the culprit was a little to easy to catch.
                So many improvements my head my explode HER listened to alot of things from the forum and gameplay was full of puzzles and stuff I just love about the Nancy drew games. I loved! loved! loved! the flashbacks they were so cool the characters and phone friends were fun. Awesome game!
                ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
                ★☆██████╗ /./.██████╗
                ★☆██╔══██╗.██╔════╝
                ★☆██║.....██║██║
                ★☆██║ ... ██║██║
                ★☆██████╔╝╚██████╗
                ★☆╚═════╝ //.╚═════╝
                ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
                COMICS

Comment

!!!!! 10 !!!!!

OMG This game is so amazing. I've played it twice so far and I love everything about it. I think the characters are really interesting and the setting and plot are cool too. But I personally think that the bets part about this game is the puzzles!! I'm normally not big on puzzles in general, and I've felt that prior to GTH the puzzles were not too great. But this game has some of my new favorite puzzles! I might actually try playing this game on Master level soon.

Making the cookies is so much fun, I would get so into making them that I just couldn't stop. Cookies forever!

Comment

I loved it! The characters seem to be getting more life-like and I was happy with who the culprit was because I loved everyone else. The cookies were to die for! I always love making food in games, it's just a nice little break from everything else. The flashbacks were really emotional for me but beautiful at the same time. There are some things I wished had happen, but alas, I cannot say so at the moment.

Comment

10!!

I absolutely loved this game! I would play it over and over and over, which means it has to be a 10 lol

The setting was so pretty! The puzzles weren't too hard and were actually fun! I liked the activities we were able to do during the game. They weren't tedious at all. The way we were able to get money was fun as well! The characters were great and interesting! The plot was good as well. There was nothing I didn't like about the game
                      .promise me you’ll always remember:...•*¨¯)
                      you’re braver than you believe,.............................•*
                      .and stronger than you seem,.........•*¨¯¨*•........(.........•*¨¯)
                      and smarter than you think.....(_¸,.•*......*•.,¸_)*•.,¸_¸,.•*

.~-*`ND Lingo

Comment

I just copy and pasted this from my review!
                        The Silent Spy is the most gleefully exciting game to date, with its completely plot-driven atmosphere highlighting snooping, excellent puzzles, and relentless suspense. However, it ultimately undercuts important elements such as setting, exploration, and substantial character development, never completely fulfilling all aspects needed to make a well-rounded, coherent mystery.

Yet The Silent Spy deserves a 9/10. While the lack of a fantastic setting and usually fantastic character development and interaction bothered me throughout the entire game, I enjoyed myself every step of the way. And that is definitely a feat. I would recommend this game to any player. But I want SPY to stand alone, perhaps just like ASH. It works the way it is, however it is not a formula to be repeated again. Its uniqueness saves the game.
                        `;',.><

THE STORY OF HEROES AND THIEVES
                        my next ae, coming soon

Comment

Clever, well-written, fragmentary by design. Play it--it's a 10!

Comment

I send congrats to HER for making a game out of a small topic (Nancy's mom). SPY had really good sad moments that made me cry too! I love the talk between Nancy and Carson in the credits, the bloopers, and the tiny truth about Samantha Quick! Thank you HER!

Comment

I gave it a 9.

I loved it.
                              Nancy Drew Rocks.
                              I support cancer research.
                              I support our troops.

Comment

Working...
                              X