Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally didn't really like the game much.

It had its goods and its bads. My general points are as follows:

PROS:

*The plot, while it was a bit confusing, was definitely a more mature and out there concept.. it gave me vibes of the old games that I miss!

*The puzzles were challenging in a good way, which was good cause they made me have to actually think and even become frustrated.

*The terror of possible death was realistic in that the threats made me giddy.. odd, I know, but it meant that I felt like I HAD to do my job or else which reminded me of SCK!

*The places you got to visit outside of the hotel were interesting and they did have pretty scenery.

*You weren't able to trust ANYONE like a true spy! :)

CONS:

*The characters were either too annoying, had no personalities at all, or weren't themselves. (In the case of Carson Drew!)

*The plot, while it was interesting, just didn't need to include Kate. I'd have rather thought of Kate as a simple mother who died at home of a sickness, rather than a spy. It just seemed unbelievable, IMO.

*There wasn't much in the way of how to solve a lot of the puzzles without having to turn to clues and hints of some kind.

*It took place in one day and things were made easy such as wiretapping and bugging.

*There wasn't much in the way of conversing. All conversation was linear. You weren't able to carry on conversations for a long time like you could in the older games.

*People disappeared for the dumbest or for no reason at all and then appear once you've done something which just seemed odd to me. I'd rather it be like what happened with Jacque in TRT when he got angry, quit talking to you, and then talked again when something important happened.

*There wasn't much in the way of interesting music or scenery like in most of the games. I didn't get any Scottish vibes really outside of the voices, snacks in the bar, and names of places.

*The ending was just.. flat.. no excitement whatsoever! I got more frustration out of trying to solve the puzzles than the actual capture or fighting of the enemy.

Comment

I really enjoyed this game for numerous reasons. Even though many people didn't like the plot of having Nancy's mom be a spy, I think it gave the game more of an emotional attachment especially for Nancy. I thought the puzzles were difficult and I love that! I hate it when there are puzzles that don't challenge you to solve them. Overall, this game gets a 9/10 in my book. I also really liked the characters and I felt like a real spy when I was playing the game!! Can't wait for the next game:

Comment

I gave this game an 8. I actually liked it better than I thought I would.

Pros:
        -Interesting plot
        -Pretty decent balance of talking with characters, snooping, and puzzles
        -Very few tedious tasks and no third person transportation
        -Beautiful graphics

Cons:
        -While I thought the plot was interesting as I mentioned above, I think it was a bit rushed when it was all tied together.
        -A few puzzles needed better information to lead you to how to solve them
        -The whole game took place in one day

Neutral:
        -I'm surprisingly less upset about the premise behind the game than I thought I would be. I see merits to both sides of the argument.
        -The culprit/ending...well, let's just say there have been games that were far worse
        werdycnan

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGirl05 View Post
          Not trying to be rude, but what 'harsh' language was used in this game? And what humour in the was disturbing? And frankly, a game about Nancy and her family is going to have some hostility. I really can't see how HER has strayed from being 'family friendly'. The game was rated E for crying out loud.
          I think she was talking about Carson telling Ned to "shut up." That was a bit harsh and out of character, totally didn't expect that.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendril90 View Post
            I think she was talking about Carson telling Ned to "shut up." That was a bit harsh and out of character, totally didn't expect that.
            I wouldn't necessarily call it "out of character" for a man who's worried that his only daughter might be lost like his wife was. People can say some pretty surprising things when they're under stress. I also think it would've been more out of character for Carson to not be worried or upset, since he's always portrayed as a loving father. But that's just my opinion of course

Since I haven't posted in this thread before, I'll say that I rated SPY a 9/10. It had many great points for me and, being an adult, I found it mature in an intelligent and well-written sense. I wish that some characters had been developed more, but in a way, the vagueness of some plot points was fascinating because it got me thinking about possible explanations. Plus, I thought everything related to Nancy's mom was done really intriguingly - respectfully, but with a realistic touch as well. So I liked this game a lot
            neverending song
            2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
            So far from me too is your home
            to which I can never find my way
            your fairy tale...

Comment

I enjoyed this game very much and gave it a 9. The plot was interesting, the characters different and the puzzles were challenging. I thought the game was a fairly long game although I did take my time with it and didn't rush through it. Both scenery and graphics were nice and the archery and zipline portions were a lot of fun. Basically, it was a worthwhile playing experience and I'm looking forward to the next game in New Zealand!

Hope everyone had a joyous Thanksgiving!

Some of my favorites:

Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
              Danger on Deception Island
              Secret of Shadow Ranch
              Curse of Blackmoor Manor
              Treasure in the Royal Tower
              Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
              The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
              Legend of the Crystal Skull
              The Phantom of Venice
              The Haunting of Castle Malloy
              Warnings at Waverly Acadamy
              Shadow at the Water's Edge
              The Captive Curse
              Ghost of Thornton Hall
              The Silent Spy

Comment

Originally posted by werdycnan View Post
                I gave this game an 8. I actually liked it better than I thought I would.

Pros:
                -Interesting plot
                -Pretty decent balance of talking with characters, snooping, and puzzles
                -Very few tedious tasks and no third person transportation
                -Beautiful graphics

Cons:
                -While I thought the plot was interesting as I mentioned above, I think it was a bit rushed when it was all tied together.
                -A few puzzles needed better information to lead you to how to solve them
                -The whole game took place in one day

Neutral:
                -I'm surprisingly less upset about the premise behind the game than I thought I would be. I see merits to both sides of the argument.
                -The culprit/ending...well, let's just say there have been games that were far worse
                I agree with you completely! I would have liked to see more of Scotland, as well as a certain train stop, but overall I found this game engaging and emotionally satisfying. Carson Drew did seem a bit out of character IMHO, but I thought the family aspect of the game gave Nancy dimension as a character... A side of her we never see!

Some parts of the game required spoilers... There was no getting around that for me. Also, there were times Nancy would talk and I would just be like "...huh?" because she'd bring up something we hadn't learned in the game.

Overall though, I thought the setting was so fun and the culprit -- contrary to the experience of previous posters -- kept me guessing. I loved the way the characters interacted, and how the tasks and puzzles related to the game. Archery and decorating cookies made my life.

I gave SPY 10/10 because I want HER to make more games like this. It had its faults but overall I loved the direction and I am overjoyed to see HER making great games again!
                Last edited by Nancydrew14; December 2, 2013, 07:41 PM.
                ....¸•**•¸
                .../&&&&./\..•L a i a n n a•
                ...\&&&&/.(
                .../&&&/._/
                ...\&&&\
                .../&&&/_\
                ...././.._)
                ..././\___\
                ._/./..\___\____.•.___/|/¯|
                /__/...(_______________|__|
                ©tr2

Comment

I gave this game an 8! only because it wasn't what I was expecting. I did love making cookies, and the puzzle were not that hard but they were a little too easy. The characters and plot line were also good. Last but not least I loved the memories Nancy had, and the personal and caring feelings this game had! Good job Her! Can't wait for MED! Spring 2014 please hurry up!
                  ......I Wanted To Be Her When I Grew Up
                  ...But Then One Day I Was Older Than My Older Sister
                  ....................And Older still Today...

I Miss Andrea.
                  .I Miss Hershel.
                  ..I Don't Miss What Was Before.
                  ...I Don't Miss That Sword.
                  ....-Michonne The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll be giving a more in depth in my own thread here but overall:

IT. WAS. EPIC!

And I mean this in even the Dictionary and Literary version of Epic (Yes I know Epic is usually reserved for Poetry )

I am of the mind that epic is being overused and becoming the new "Awesome" and as such I only use it when I really mean it. And I seriously do mean it.

Erase the 20 and put the HER logo there because HER interactive is Critical Success when it comes to this game.

Comment

7 cookies

Not what I was expecting at all, the plot line was interesting, but the places Nancy could go and the things she did was very limited. The puzzles were fairly easy, but didn't exactly make sense when tied together. I found myself saying constantly, "how was I supposed to know that". If it weren't for the hints I'm not sure how i would have finished. I'd give it a 7.

Side-note: Thanks for the comedic relief with Carson and Ned.
                      Scarlet Secrets

Comment

Silent spy

I gave the Silent Spy an 8, while this game wasn't the best Nancy Drew game by her interactive in my opinion, I think everyone should play it to understand the basics of Nancy's family past and present.

Pros:
                        -I enjoyed learning about Nancy's past
                        -The memories were great!
                        -The credits; two words, love it.
                        -I felt like a spy!

Cons:
                        -Not many places to go
                        -Very short conversations
                        -Storyline was a little confusing

Overall, the game was good. My little sister played it after I finished, and she liked the way the game was set up. Everyone should play this to understand Nancy's past!

Comment

I gave the Silent Spy a 10. I absolutely loved SPY, it was definitely one of my favorite games. I loved learning about Nancy's past, and watching the flashbacks. It brought tears to my eyes!
                          Hello Dead End,
                          My name is Nancy Drew
                          .........…..(………….¸«´¨¯¨`+¸
                          ….........…`+.,¸_¸,.×´.,ר¯¨*)
                          ……….....................
                          `+.,_,.×´

Click here for my petition to have Togo in a game
                          http://community.herinteractive.com/....php?t=1300426

Comment

I gave SPY an 8 because it was short. My sister finished it in one day. But the puzzles were good. I also wish that there was a little more places to go.
                            My love still lies there buried under silent ice and sleep
                            A grave left unattended ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
                            ..by the word I couldn't keep. `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
                            .........¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
                            .....³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
                            ©disneygirl12

Comment

One of my faves

Silent Spy was a good ND game. I really enjoyed it. The puzzles were balanced and satisfying, the clues made sense, the characters were interesting and engaging. Just a little short but overall a good game.

Love the hint system. Even if you don't need it it's nice to have it there so you don't have to open a walkthrough or go the message boards for help. That really breaks up the experience.

Anxiously awaiting new ND titles.

Comment

This game was amazing!!!
                                This was the first game I've ever played without any spoilers at all!
                                I loved the characters, I loved the story, I loved the conversations, I loved pretty much everything!
                                I loved it so much that I wrote an AE for it.
                                So, yeah, I obviously gave this game a 10.
                                GOD is not dead!!
                                He's truly alive!

I love JESUS!!!!!!

Hey, Villians! It's Time To Kidnap Ned! CLICK HERE For My Petition!
                                Charlotte had a secret...
                                Ned's been kidnapped...
                                And his name was Jackson.
                                Will he survive?
                                Want to know more? Read my AE: Down In Flames
                                Thanks to everyone who rated this AE 5 stars!
                                Or will Nancy be going home with one less boyfriend - and one more scottish heartbreak?
                                Want to know what happens? Read my AE:
                                Il Fantsma is on the loose...and so is "someone's" jealousy.
                                ThE GrEeN EyEd MoNsTeR. Jealousy can be deadly.

Love suspense, danger, kidnappings, romance (just a little), Nancy Drew (obviously), and Ned? You'll love my AEs!

What do I call the mesaage boards? Facebook for HeRians.

Comment

Working...
                                X