Fed up with grammatical errors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up with grammatical errors!

Just a little gripe, but I had the same gripe with The Beast of Blackmoor Manor. Both games are set in the UK. In the UK, we speak English. We also write in English, but not American English, therefore some of the spellings are different, for example, we spell flavoured with a u, and not 'flavored' as on the Scottish menu.
    Her, if you want to be as authentic as possible with these games, please ask someone to check the English spellings, and get a native Scot to voice the game. The accents are appalling!
    Oh, and we also have the pound signs in front of the amount i.e. £4 and not 4£.

Originally posted by fenellaf View Post
    Just a little gripe, but I had the same gripe with The Beast of Blackmoor Manor. Both games are set in the UK. In the UK, we speak English. We also write in English, but not American English, therefore some of the spellings are different, for example, we spell flavoured with a u, and not 'flavored' as on the Scottish menu.
    Her, if you want to be as authentic as possible with these games, please ask someone to check the English spellings, and get a native Scot to voice the game. The accents are appalling!
    Oh, and we also have the pound signs in front of the amount i.e. £4 and not 4£.
    I'm in complete agreement. I believe that authenticity is important. In particular, the spelling problems frustrate me a great deal. If something is to be portrayed a certain way, then every detail (in my opinion) has to reflect that place or thing correctly. Spelling is a big deal. I also understand the frustrations with the accents (though on that note I can't insist that that be done perfectly, as there may not be a wide enough range of voice actors for the company to ask to portrays these roles). But with things that they have control over, then they ought to be done properly, authentically, and correctly!
    ²..Rianna
    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

Comment

Supersonik, you are missing the point. I have no problem with American spellings per se. I have no problem with slightly dodgy English accents by American actors per se. One of the things that I enjoy about ND ganes are their authenticity and facts that you learn about the history of the locations. My point is that HER must have spent thousands, if not millions, developing this game, so in keeping with the authenticity, why not have someone check the spelling? I would do it for free!

Comment

O

Originally posted by fenellaf View Post
        Supersonik, you are missing the point. I have no problem with American spellings per se. I have no problem with slightly dodgy English accents by American actors per se. One of the things that I enjoy about ND ganes are their authenticity and facts that you learn about the history of the locations. My point is that HER must have spent thousands, if not millions, developing this game, so in keeping with the authenticity, why not have someone check the spelling? I would do it for free!
        Ok, cool sorry for the misunderstanding. I just didn't want anyone to be upset
        ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
        ★☆██████╗ /./.██████╗
        ★☆██╔══██╗.██╔════╝
        ★☆██║.....██║██║
        ★☆██║ ... ██║██║
        ★☆██████╔╝╚██████╗
        ★☆╚═════╝ //.╚═════╝
        ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
        COMICS

Comment

I'm wondering why spelling errors are not caught during beta testing? It can't be too late to make minor little changes before the finished product is released right? Just wondering.
          If I could report Midnight in Salem for being chatty, I would.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Snuggle Girl~ View Post
            I'm wondering why spelling errors are not caught during beta testing? It can't be too late to make minor little changes before the finished product is released right? Just wondering.
            Beta testers, as I understand it, are from WA (don't they need to be near HeR Interactive in order to participate), right? If not there, I think they are primarily American participants, who may not realize the differences in spellings for most other countries.
            ²..Rianna
            .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
            (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
            .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
            ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
            ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

Comment

Originally posted by Rianna View Post
              Beta testers, as I understand it, are from WA (don't they need to be near HeR Interactive in order to participate), right? If not there, I think they are primarily American participants, who may not realize the differences in spellings for most other countries.
              You are correct. All beta-tester have to be from Washington, so to the beta tester the American spellings look correct and they aren't going to point them out as wrong.
              Have officially finished all Nancy Drew games

My favorites:
              Secret of Shadow Ranch
              Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
              Ghost of Thornton Hall
              The Silent Spy
              Labyrinth of Lies

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
              ~Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
              A.K.A My favorite novel ever

Just as I am loyal to The Doctor, and not the actor playing him, I am loyal to Nancy. There will be an adjustment period for the new voice actor for Nancy, however, I've made it through many regenerations watching Doctor Who. If I have learned to love a new Doctor that many times, I'm sure I can learn to love a new voice for Nancy.

Comment

Working...
              X