Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hint for Cracking the Codex Wheels

Hi all,

I'm a bit stuck with the codex wheels. I've found two things to decipher with it, but they both include multiples of one or more symbols. Can I please have a hint? NO spoilers :) Thanks!

~Ari
    Proud Member of the CRE Easter Egg Clue Crew!
    Along with Royal Payne, disneygirl12, Ndfan1234, mdetective12, secretariat, highondrew and Vanilla Muffin!

~Ari

When there are multiples of one or more symbols, that indicates an overlap in the different fragments of the code. So, for instance (this is a hypothetical I'm making up off the top of my head, not a spoiler), if you have two snippets of code and one is "* ( &" and the other is "^ [blank space] (", then that means that the full sequence is "^ * ( &". I hope that makes sense, it's hard to describe via text since we can't upload pictures. The overlaps are meant to help you figure out the full sequence of the code. Does that help?

Edit: Also, in the picture from the Cathedral archives, there's an arrow on the first snippet of code. That indicates the beginning of the code (far left of the wheel), and should give you a good place to start.
    Last edited by actress19; October 24, 2016, 10:39 AM.
    a . broken . heart . to . lie . forever
    ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸...under tattered sails and 'neath ..¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
    ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸(.....`·-·`...............a . blackened . sky ..............`·-·`.....)¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
    `·-·`.......` · . ¸ _)¯¨ * · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ ¸ . · ` · . ¸ _ , . · * ¨¯(_ ¸ . · `.......`·-·`

Currently playing: Danger on Deception Island
    Currently reading: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin...(Plus college textbooks. Noooo!)

Comment

In the cathedral archives, the code I'm seeing has two instances of the black box split in two and two of the...sort of upside down bat that I forget the actual punctuation name of. And there's not two of them in the codex wheel.

~Ari
      Proud Member of the CRE Easter Egg Clue Crew!
      Along with Royal Payne, disneygirl12, Ndfan1234, mdetective12, secretariat, highondrew and Vanilla Muffin!

~Ari

Comment

That is correct.
        You will be entering 20 unique symbols.
        ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----
        LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

Comment

Working...
        X