My detailed ToMb Of ThE lOsT qUeEn ReViEw <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My detailed ToMb Of ThE lOsT qUeEn ReViEw <3

Hi everyone! This is my fourth review and it's been a while! (OMG It's been a year!) I finished this game yesterday and read a few reviews, but I feel like I need to address some things in my perspective! As usual I'll start out with the graphics aspect of the game so let us begin!

Graphics: 10/10
    I didn't think HeR could get any more detailed in their graphics, but boy was I wrong! The clarity is amazing. Not one blurry spot! When I walked into the tomb for the first time I was blown away! I felt like I was looking into a page of National Geographic! The graphic designers did a fantastic job with not only the scenery but the character graphics too! Unlike Alibi in Ashes where I felt like a few characters were somewhat more cartoonish than the others HeR definitely took that extra step to make sure the characters were all crystal clear! Great job HeR!

Characters: 7/10
    The characters were interesting but to be honest, not very memorable to me. With all the characters (not counting phone friends) I felt like there should have been more dialogue. I just felt like their motives at times were unclear.
    1) Abdullah Bakhoum: He is pretty famous in the archaeology field but he's also famous for his bad temper and "I'm superior" attitude.
    2) Lily Crewe: A new archaeologist on her first site! She's excited to be part of everything and to be under the guidance of Abduallah but she's also really freaked out about the curse.
    3) Jamila El-Dine: A local Egyptian is very interested in temple, mostly because she believes aliens built the pyramids. She's my personally favorite character in the game because I like her story.
    4) Dylan Carter: A British tour guide that shows up mysteriously when the tomb is uncovered, he believes in the curse and feels like the tomb will be a great place for his next tour, if only Abdullah would let him in...
    5) Jon Boyle: world renown Egyptologist who is in charge of the dig. He gets in the beginning and is in recovery during the game, but he trusts Nancy will help find answers.

Places: 9/10
    I know some people will probably not be very pleased with the lack of different places to go, but I didn't mind. You basically have the dig site where the tents are and then the tomb. But even though you are restricted to these two locations I think that HeR did a great job of utilizing them. Don't be fooled, the temple has a few little secret locations, one of which I found quite cute (and Bess did too.) Meow. And there is a lot to look at during the game so that you don't get too bored with it. And did I mention the graphics were amazing?? So putting into consideration that Nancy is in the middle of the desert it made sense that these would be the only places to explore.

Music: 9/10
    The music never disappoints! Very very Egyptian and it definitely puts you in the adventurous mood! My only complaint is that the songs that were meant to be "creepy" or "dangerous" didn't really give me that Egyptian vibe but when they came on and Nancy was by herself in a darkly lit passage it did kinda creep me out! So overall good job HeR!

Plot: 6/10
    I don't want to be too harsh because there were a lot of good aspects but this was the only Nancy Drew game where I sat there thinking a lot was missing at the end but let me start with the good...Nancy is a the temple site because she was recommended by Beech Hill (Secret of the Scarlet Hand) to help Jon Boyle. Then a sandstorm sweeps through the campsite where Jon gets hurt and is rushed to the hospital which spooks almost all the crew into leaving. Now Nancy has to help figure out who's behind this curse business and at the same time help find out if this is for a fact the Lost Queen Neferati's final resting place. I really loved the historical aspect of the plot. You really get an insight into Egypt's past rulers and it's really fascinating. The plot may annoy some people because it's the typical "Mummies+Curses=Egypt" kind of thing but that didn't bother me. The only thing that was missing in the plot for me was why the culprit did what he/she did. You obviously learn who was behind everything but you don't really learn WHY? or HOW?. which kind of bothered me. There were definitely some questions regarding ALL the characters that went unanswered, which if you have played the game you'll know what I'm talking about! Also catching the culprit could have been more exciting...

Puzzles: 9/10
    Now I actually really like all the puzzles. The difficulty level was perfect, not too easy but not too hard where you HAD to use cheats. The only reason that I'm giving it an 9 instead of a 10 is that there wasn't a lot of variety in the puzzles. There were ALOT of just translating hieroglyphics (which I actually like) but I know some people would probably get bored of it.

So this concludes my review. To me this was a fun game, very adventurous and I loved learning about ancient Egpyt but the unanswered questions with the culprit and the other characters in the end really nags me because I don't think that has ever been an issue with any other game.

RECOMMEND: Yes (if you don't mind the ending)
    OVERALL SCORE: 6/10 (would have been an 8 if it weren't for the loose ends)

This is definitely a fun Nancy Drew game, (they all are). It's not a bad game at all. I know the end bothered people a lot but give it a chance though you might like it like I did! Let me know what you thought of it!
    Last edited by detectiveyubby; May 11, 2012, 10:29 AM.
    My Top 5
    1) Secret of Shadow Ranch
    2) Danger on Deception Island
    3) Ghost Dogs at Moon Lake
    4) Shadow at the Waters Edge
    5) The Secret of the Scarlet Hand

I love my cats Mickey, Misty, Tommy, & Charlie!

R.I.P Candy Corn 8/10/12

i love food!

HELLO MY FELLOW NIGHT OWL! OR SHOULD I SAY HOOT HOOT!dy

<-- check out my sig shop!
    <--P. Diana <3
    <-- my DDI review!
    <-- my SHA review!
    <--my SAW review!
    <--my TMB review!

Great detailed review! I'm glad that you liked the game! I didn't like it very much, and I agree with you about the loose endings. I'm super happy that you liked it!

Also I rated you with a 5 because you really did deserve it. I have no idea why your score is so low, because it really isn't worth that, it's worth a lot more.
    Last edited by NDfavs; May 21, 2012, 05:36 PM.
    3C0928
    1e474f
    The true color of nancy drew

You can click on any of the yellow/gold colored game names for my reviews! Go ahead and read them!

It is always appropriate to leave reputation for someone, even if the post is as old as Adam and Eve.
    I am a Christian (specifically a Nazarene) , and very proud!

Please be aware of the fact that when you vote people's threads down, because you don't like them, and not because of the content of their thread, then you may be harming their confidence about their creative works. I want to thank everyone for the kindness and respect that you have showed me on the boards, so lets keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by NDfavs View Post
      Great detailed review! I'm glad that you liked the game! I didn't like it very much, and I agree with you about the loose endings. I'm super happy that you liked it!

Also I rated you with a 5 because you really did deserve it. I have no idea why your score is so low, because it really isn't worth that, it's worth a lot more.
      Agreed! I gave you a 5 as well because I agree with alot
      of your viewpoints
      case cLoseD
      SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN
      CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC TOT SAW CAP ASH TMB DED GTH

Comment

Excellent Review! I really enjoyed reading it. I agree with you on everything. In particular, the motive of the culprit bothered me to no end. What was the motive? There was no explanation at all. Otherwise, the game was very enjoyable. Loved the graphics which were the best so far and the puzzles were challenging and fit the mood of the game. Thanks for taking time to write down your thoughts. Great job!

Some of my favorites:

Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
        Danger on Deception Island
        Secret of Shadow Ranch
        Curse of Blackmoor Manor
        Treasure in the Royal Tower
        Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
        The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
        Legend of the Crystal Skull
        The Phantom of Venice
        The Haunting of Castle Malloy
        Warnings at Waverly Acadamy
        Shadow at the Water's Edge
        The Captive Curse
        Ghost of Thornton Hall
        The Silent Spy

Comment

elpana, Paradise, and NDfavs; thank you so much for your kind words and the stars You guys really made my day! Reps to all of you!
          My Top 5

R.I.P Candy Corn 8/10/12

i love food!

<--P. Diana <3
          <-- my DDI review!
          <-- my SHA review!
          <--my SAW review!
          <--my TMB review!

Comment

Good review. Some reviews seem a little biased, but you put nice evidence for ratings. I probably would've given the same score, because the plot was a little dry. I also felt that the subplots weren't very interesting, nothing really jumped out at me and said "Ooo, this is big, but then who is the real criminal!?"

~Cat

.............¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸
            .............`•-•*.......)
            .....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.,¸_¸,.•* ¨¯¨*•.......Mysterie1505
            .. (.....Love.to.Live....*•-•´
            .¸.•*¨¯¨*•.....Live.to.Love............. .•*¨¯¨*•.¸
            (
            .....*•-•´....................¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.`•-•*......)
            .*•.,¸_¸,.•*¨¯¨*•.¸......•*¨¯¨*•.¸ ........`•.,¸_¸,.•´¨¯¨*•.
            ......................`•...`•-•*......)......................*•-•´
            ..........................`•.,¸_¸,.•*

Currently reading:The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus LoreIn the After Light by Alexandra BrackenEragon by Christopher Paolini

Comment

Originally posted by mysterie1505 View Post
              Good review. Some reviews seem a little biased, but you put nice evidence for ratings. I probably would've given the same score, because the plot was a little dry. I also felt that the subplots weren't very interesting, nothing really jumped out at me and said "Ooo, this is big, but then who is the real criminal!?"

~Cat
              Yeah the subplots weren't really anything to think about. I wish we could have known HOW the culprit did all the sabotaging.
              My Top 5

R.I.P Candy Corn 8/10/12

i love food!

<--P. Diana <3
              <-- my DDI review!
              <-- my SHA review!
              <--my SAW review!
              <--my TMB review!

Comment

Hello DetectiveYubby

I loved your review! I agree with what you said. The graphics were amazing but they could of put more thought into the plot of the story. They could of gone very far with their idea but came a little short. Personally I thought this game went by a little quickly I expected it to last longer but overall it was still good minus the ending because I thought they could of thought up something that was a lot more interesting.

Good Job!
                SWEET AS THE SMELL OF FRIED CHICKEN!dy I Le G squishque !!
                YOU GOT A STEADY BACK HOME?dy I George
                LIKE HOTCAKES SMOTHERED IN A TANGY LEMON SAUCE!dy I CPM
                SHALL I PEEP? OOH LALA! I DO BELEIVE I'LL PEEP!dy I God
                I My Pets

THE SECRET OF SHADOW RANCHdy I Simba + Lubby
                TEAM SASQUATCHdy I LOVE LADYBUGS!dy
                -----Because I Believe!

Comment

Working...
                X