Treasure in the Royal Tower - Review by felicity18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure in the Royal Tower - Review by felicity18

This is a fun game and its really interesting. The thing that I like the most about this game is how they brought a piece of the past, a mystery from history into the present. I think it was really creative, cool and interesting. I liked how we learned a little about the French revolution and our knowledge about this historical event and Marie Antoinette helped us in solving the mystery.

Most of the characters in these game were pretty average. Dexter the caretaker of the castle and he's always seems grumpy all the time through the game. Lisa the journalist and is a guest at the castle. The only really interesting about her is her fake ids that Nancy finds in her locker by mistake. Jacques is the washed out Olympic athlete who now works at the castle. I don't like Jacques mainly because he's too much of a one sided character. He lacked any kind of dimension or complexity. To me the most interesting character in the game and the most helpful is Professor Hotchkiss. She seems to have the most to say and she really does help Nancy with the mystery. She was a goofy character but she was still smart and had something to contribute.

All in all its a fun game with some factual history wrapped up into it.

So I give Treasure in the Royal Tower an 8 out of 10.

felicity18

I think that one of the things I actually didn't like about TRT was the focus on Marie Antoinette. Of course, I think that it's great to educate players on history, but maybe HeR should have made the game about some made-up relative of Marie's or something because (as far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong) Marie didn't actually hide some history-altering evidence in a tower in Wisconsin. Interesting perspective, though!

Comment

Originally posted by speakers-blown View Post
      I think that one of the things I actually didn't like about TRT was the focus on Marie Antoinette. Of course, I think that it's great to educate players on history, but maybe HeR should have made the game about some made-up relative of Marie's or something because (as far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong) Marie didn't actually hide some history-altering evidence in a tower in Wisconsin. Interesting perspective, though!
      Just to clarify I don't think that the story in the game was historically accurate. I just meant that it was cool that they included a historical figure with a mystery that needs to be solved.

felicity18

Comment

TRT will always remain one of the all time greats. Thank you for a great review felicity18. I loved everything about the game: the history, the characters, the castle. This is one game that follows very close with the book and probably why I will always treasure it.

Comment

Working...
        X