X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~♥SmartyPants7's TRT Review♥~

Treasure in the Royal Tower Review
    By SmartyPants7

Let me start off by saying, this was my absolute favorite game!!

Plot: You, as Nancy Drew, get to investigate a vandalized library in Wisconsin. I realy enjoyed the plot, and it took many twists and turns throughout the game. It also incorporated a lot of French history, particualy about Marie Antionet (sp?), which always makes a game awesome. My only complaint is that sometimes, it was a little "dry" and you wouldn't know what to do. *9/10*

Setting: This game takes place at an old, French castle in Wisconsin, where you are currently snowed in at. It is a very gorgeous setting, even though the graphics aren't as good as the newer ones. Watch out, though, because to me it seems as though the castle is huge! Be prepared to get lost a couple of times. *10/10*

Characters: Dexter Egan- The caretaker of the hotel. On the outside he seems bitter and mean. But could he be hiding something about his past? Professor Hotchkiss- She's a scholar of French history. She's extremly helpful, but wacky. Is there a secret she's hiding behind her intelligence and red hair? Lisa- (I forget her last name) She's just "a humble photojournalist." Is she realy all that innocent? Jaques Brune- (wow I misspelled that) He's the (incredably good-looking) ski instructor at the castel. Is there more to him than meets the eye?
    Overall I thought the characters were interesting, well-developed, and they interacted with each other well. They all had motives and background stories. *10/10*

Puzzles: I loved the puzzles in this one! They weren't random, silly puzzles that had nothing to do with the game, nor were they those "mini-games." They were nice puzzles that required logic and thinking, but they weren't impossible. And plus, it felt like the puzzles were like an afterthought, like the whole game didn't focus on puzzles, puzzles, puzzles! Most of the game revolved around snooping, breaking and entering, and the like. *10/10*

Length: This game was a good length. It wasn't too long; it was verging on the short side. It took me about a month or two to solve. *7/10*

Music: Omg omg omg omg I looooooved the music in this one! It was fantanstic!! It was nice, pretty, quiet, while at the same time being suspisous (sp?). This game had, by far, the best music out of all the games. It fit the game so well, and it captured the setting perfectly. It really set the 18C mood for the castel. It was awesome!! *15/10*

Ending: The ending was good. I didn't guess the culprit, and it required quick thinking. Everything was explained; there were no loose ends, plus it was absolutley belivable. Kinda short, though. *8.5/10*

Overall:This game was, in my opinion, a-maz-ing. The plot and characters were totally believable, and the setting and music was just gorgeous. I absolutley loved it, and thought that it was simply beautiful. I solved it when I was in, like, the 5th grade, but I still go back to play it whenever I can. I would definently recomend it and give HeR congrats for making such a wonderful game. *20671203885/10*<--(ha ha)

~Please feel free to coment! I'd love to know your thoughts!~
    Last edited by SmartyPants7; August 16, 2009, 08:51 PM.
    ?I am no bird;?
    and no net ensnares me;
    I am a free human being with an independent will.
    ~Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Please read and comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Great review! I have to agree with you in most of the aspects of the game! Love the way you set everything up.
    .¸.·´ ¯ `·
    (…*. _ .* I ♥ Nancy Drew
    `·.,¸,.·´¯))
    ……..¸·´…¸·´¯))
    …….((_¸.·´
    Thanks to horselover23 for my sig! =)

Comment

Well thank you!
      ?I am no bird;?
      and no net ensnares me;

Comment

Very nice review!! I liked your details without giving anything away!! I did get lost in the castle, quite a few of times as I recall!!
        May God give you...…….…....•*¨¯¨*•.
        .For every storm, a rainbow,..`•-•*….).….•*¨¯¨*•.
        ….For every tear, a smile,…….•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•-•*…..)
        ……For every care, a promise,`•-•*……`•.,¸_¸,.•´
        .•*¨¯¨*•. And a blessing in each trial.....•*¨¯¨*•.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.
        `•-•*…..) For every problem life sends,`•-•*….(…...*•-•´ .•*¨¯¨*•.
        ……¸.•´…...•*¨¯¨*•...A faithful friend to share,..`•.,¸_¸,.•´…..*•-•´
        ..•*¨¯¨*•.(.….*•-•´….For every sigh, a sweet song,
        (.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. ………And an answer for each prayer.
        .`•.,¸_¸,.•´..…*•-•´.…..¸.•*¨¯¨*•.
        ©LadyGreenleaf `•.,¸,.•´……*•-•´

Comment

Thanks for your response and positive feedback! Once, when my sister and I first started playing, we spent almost an hour (remember, I was still in grade school) trying to find Nancy's room!
          Last edited by SmartyPants7; April 21, 2009, 02:45 PM.
          ?I am no bird;?
          and no net ensnares me;

Comment

wow! you are an awesome review writer! you convinced me, I'm going to get this one I think.
            Just solved my first dossier! Summer break and I'm on an ND roll :)

Comment

Oh wow, thank you! I think it's great that you're getting TRT, it's a fun game.
              ?I am no bird;?
              and no net ensnares me;

Comment

Wonderful review! This game was
                excellent. Definately one of my
                favorites. I couldn't agree with
                this review more! Great job!

- Dot
                Because every breath I take proves that I can live
                w i t h o u t
                y o u

Comment

Omg thank you.
                  ?I am no bird;?
                  and no net ensnares me;

Comment

Awesome review! This is one of my favorites too! Reps for you! I basically agree with you, especially about the music. When you did something, I'm pretty sure they played victorious music, and the music was suspensful!
                    Also, check out another one of my favorite games' game review made by me called An Awesome Game!!What do you think?
                    It's about DOG!
                    He is risen!
                    .•*¨¯¨*•....•*¨¯¨*•.
                    .•*¨¯¨*•.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•-•*.….)(.….*•-•´..¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.
                    (.….*•-•´...•*¨¯¨*•..`•.,¸_¸,.•´..`•.,¸_¸,.•´..•*¨¯¨*•...`•-•*.….)
                    `•.,¸_¸,.•´©LG*•-•´….….....…..……..…`•-•*…..`•.,¸_¸,.•´

You'яe woяtн мoяe tнan Gold
                    -Britt Nicole

Comment

Oh thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out!
                      ?I am no bird;?
                      and no net ensnares me;

Comment

Great review! This is also one of my favorite games! I also rember getting lost trying to find Nancy's room when I was younger. I just wished we could explore more rooms of the castle, but other than that the game was just amazing!!!!
                        _.._---------------------------_.._
                        (------)--------~A.J.~-------(------)
                        (_…-~-…_ ‘*’ _…-~-…_)
                        __) ~ (__
                        _*-----*-----*_
                        ( II II II II II II II )
                        "I felt hopelessly lost as I stared off into the distance, just searching for something, something I may of missed, something I've longed for. Yet as I looked off into the horizon, I still could not seem to find what I was waiting for-A way home." ~A sample of my writing.

Games should be based off the books (WAC was far from it) click here

My AE for TRT
                        click here

Comment

Thank you! So glad you took the time to read my review!
                          ?I am no bird;?
                          and no net ensnares me;

Comment

Working...
                          X