Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Warning You, This Game is Awesome! An In-Depth Review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm Warning You, This Game is Awesome! An In-Depth Review

    disneygirl12 Presents...
    I'm Warning You, This Game is Awesome!
    An In-Depth Review Spoiler Free!
    My Introduction
    Hi there! I'm disneygirl12 and welcome to my 3rd in-depth review! I plan for them to be structured like this from here on out. In this review, I'll break down the categories and rate them on a scale of 1-5, as seen below:

    = Miserable!
    = Okay.

    = Good
    = Great!
    = Excellent!

    In the end, I'll give an average score. It's not as long as it may sound, but even if it was, I'd still enjoy doing it. I hope you enjoy reading!

    Plot:
    Nancy is sent to an all-girls boarding school in upstate New York to find out the cause of some strange things going on. First, girls have been receiving threatening letters given from the "Black Cat." Once you get a letter, something really bad happens to you. Who could be behind these strange accidents, and why would they do it? Is someone trying to scare off her competition in chances of being the Valedictorian? Play as Nancy Drew and go undercover as a student to dive into this world of "clique-concious teenage girls."
    Wow, what an amazing plot! It really captures the audience, namely me. With such a mysterious idea, you're really on your toes to find out who is behind these mishaps.


    Characters:
    Did I read that correctly? Yes, you sure did; a six out of five! That's because there were so many characters with such unique individual personalities! Let's take a quick moment to meet them all.

    Corine Myers: Nancy's roommate. She loves English and spends most of her time cramming to get projects done. While Corine is smart, she doesn't have many friends. Is she trying to scare off her competition to be Valedictorian?
    Mel Corbalis: My favorite character in the game, Mel! She's a goth with many talents, one of them being an expert at playing the cello. She likes to learn art-history, and her only true friend is Corine. Does her gothic side match that of the Black Cat's?
    Leela Yadav: The sporty girl in the rec room. Leela has won many awards for competing in sports, and yet she isn't working on any reports like the other girls. She says she has it "under control." Is she up to something she shouldn't be?
    Izzy Romero: Isabel is the queen of the teenage girl world. She knows everything that's going on, what with being class president and all. She is very much involved in school activities and has a good chance of being valedictorian, although her ruthsome side can get the best of her.
    Rachel Hubbard: A book-smart girl who keeps mainly to herself. She has no friends and is pretty lonely. Rachel recently flunked a test, meaning she most likely can't be valedictorian. Is she getting rid of her competition to bring her chances up?

    Well, there you have it! With so many unique characters, I had to give this topic such a high ranking. I sure hope HeR keeps it up with advanced character development!

    Graphics:
    While I don't typically judge a game by the graphics, I must say this one looked pretty good. The school had a dark and mysterious feeling, and the outside scenery did look realistic. The characters looked good for the most part. Leela looked a bit...awkward, for some reason.

    Setting and Locations:
    Cool, another mystery to take place in a school! I've been dying for one ever since Secrets Can Kill. There was a good amount of places to explore, although I would have liked a bit more.

    Puzzles, Games, & Tasks:
    The puzzles were well developed and had a good relevation to the plot. A few of them were really challenging, but for these ones, there was always a reference you could find in the game to help you, which I thought was really cool. There were several fun minigames to play, and the few tasks this mystery had were somewhat relevant and blew over. Overall, great job, Herinteractive!

    Scare, Spook, & Creep:
    I suppose the atmosphere was a little bit creepy, and sometimes the music made it feel that way. There was one location I felt especially spooked at. Here, I've made a Scare-Meter to show the spook for this game.
    ____________
    |••••••••••••••••••|
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Red = Slightly Creepy Yellow = Spooky Vibes Green = On the Edge of My Seat Blue = Bone Chilling Purple = Straight-Up Scary!

    It's about halfway filled up, which isn't saying too much. This game I think was supposed to have a creepy vibe to it.

    The Ending:
    I really disliked the ending. I suppose the culprit was decent, but I didn't agree with their motive. The mystery changed from Genre A to Genre B just like that. The ending puzzle made absolutely no sense, and I had to use a spoiler for it. At least it was short. However, an upside to this rainy day is that the story wrapped up rather nicely, although there is one pending question I'm dying to know the answer to!

    Overall:
    After a calculator helped me out, we wind up with a positive feeling of the game! There is a lot going on and I just love the efforts put into this one. HeR has outdone themselves once again! I hope you enjoyed (or will enjoy) playing this game just as much as I did, and I'll see you next time!

    Read my last in-depth review, on Legend of the Crystal Skull.
    Read my next in-depth review, on Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon.
    Read my simple review of this game.
    Last edited by disneygirl12; August 2, 2012, 08:00 AM. Reason: Added the star grading scale. :D
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

    Hope everyone's having a great summer!

  • #2
    Great review! Check out mine.



    AubreyM

    Comment


    • #3
      I really enjoyed your review. I feel that you've described and outlined things very well.
      I'm extremely excited to start this game now.

      Oh, and I especially loved your Scare-Meter. (:


      So whether you come back by page or by the big screen,
      Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

      J.K. Rowling


      Solved:
      SCK MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY RAN WAC TOT DED SCK2 LCC RED

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you! I'm glad to know you're more excited to start the game.
        .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
        ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
        ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
        ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

        Hope everyone's having a great summer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Great review! WAC is definitely my favorite game and I find myself playing it over and over again! Anyways, great job!
          .....My name is..............¸*¨¯¨*¸
          .....Sherlock Holmes........*-*....)).it is my
          .¸*¨¯¨*¸.......and......((¯¨`.,¸_¸,.´...business
          ((....*-* ¸*¨¯¨*¸.......)...to know what other
          .`.,¸_¸,.*...........*-*...people don't know.”

          Comment


          • #6
            Loved the review! I haven't played this game yet, but I definitely have ti on my "Next ND game to buy" list Also, creative on the Scare-Meter- wish I'd thought of that

            Reps! (Also, please do continue to structure your reviews like this, I enjoy it!!)


            ~SD

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SherlockSleuth9 View Post
              Great review! WAC is definitely my favorite game and I find myself playing it over and over again! Anyways, great job!
              Thanks! I know that WAC is one of my favorites. It's a very enjoyable game!

              Originally posted by SoulDancer View Post
              Loved the review! I haven't played this game yet, but I definitely have ti on my "Next ND game to buy" list Also, creative on the Scare-Meter- wish I'd thought of that

              Reps! (Also, please do continue to structure your reviews like this, I enjoy it!!)


              ~SD
              Thank you! I definitely think you should add WAC to your collection. It's a really fun game!
              And I'll keep making my in-depth reviews, as well as my original ones.
              .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
              ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
              ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
              ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

              Hope everyone's having a great summer!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey there, Veronica! Ugh, I just love all your reviews! They are stuctured absolutely fantastic and are so informative and helpful!! I completely agree on everything you said. (Haha, I just finished WAC yesterday, so it's fresh in my head. :D) The characters totally deserve the 6/5, although Rachel annoyed me with her constant tasks. :/ LOL. I had to laugh about the comment about Leela looking "awkward". I ALWAYS say that. I think maybe it's just her face structure, but I cant be sure. @[email protected] The ending disapointed me, too. I though it was such a great game so far, there must be a fantastic ending! But, alas, I was wrong. :( Soooo, sorry for my long comment and I really hope you continue to write reviews, because they are always spectacular. :D Oh yeah, and the Scare-Meter? I love it. ;)

                xoxo Erin
                " I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them.
                But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from,
                we can still choose where we go from there. "
                Erin
                GTH Review
                Sig Shop

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chitachona View Post
                  Hey there, Veronica! Ugh, I just love all your reviews! They are stuctured absolutely fantastic and are so informative and helpful!! I completely agree on everything you said. (Haha, I just finished WAC yesterday, so it's fresh in my head. :D) The characters totally deserve the 6/5, although Rachel annoyed me with her constant tasks. :/ LOL. I had to laugh about the comment about Leela looking "awkward". I ALWAYS say that. I think maybe it's just her face structure, but I cant be sure. @[email protected] The ending disapointed me, too. I though it was such a great game so far, there must be a fantastic ending! But, alas, I was wrong. :( Soooo, sorry for my long comment and I really hope you continue to write reviews, because they are always spectacular. :D Oh yeah, and the Scare-Meter? I love it. ;)

                  xoxo Erin
                  Ah, thank you! I love to read your comments, because they always make my day. :D Rachel did become...bothering with the tasks, and I'm actually glad to finally see someone who agrees with me on Leela's slight awkwardness. Is it her eyes? I'm really not sure. Thanks for commenting!

                  And, thanks to those of you who commented on the Scare-Meter. I plan to keep this in all of my in-depth reviews.
                  .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
                  ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
                  ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
                  ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

                  Hope everyone's having a great summer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by disneygirl12 View Post
                    disneygirl12 Presents...
                    I'm Warning You, This Game is Awesome!
                    An In-Depth Review Spoiler Free!
                    My Introduction
                    Hi there! I'm disneygirl12 and welcome to my 3rd in-depth review! I plan for them to be structured like this from here on out. In this review, I'll break down the categories and rate them on a scale of 1-5, as seen below:

                    = Miserable!
                    = Okay.

                    = Good
                    = Great!
                    = Excellent!

                    In the end, I'll give an average score. It's not as long as it may sound, but even if it was, I'd still enjoy doing it. I hope you enjoy reading!

                    Plot:
                    Nancy is sent to an all-girls boarding school in upstate New York to find out the cause of some strange things going on. First, girls have been receiving threatening letters given from the "Black Cat." Once you get a letter, something really bad happens to you. Who could be behind these strange accidents, and why would they do it? Is someone trying to scare off her competition in chances of being the Valedictorian? Play as Nancy Drew and go undercover as a student to dive into this world of "clique-concious teenage girls."
                    Wow, what an amazing plot! It really captures the audience, namely me. With such a mysterious idea, you're really on your toes to find out who is behind these mishaps.


                    Characters:
                    Did I read that correctly? Yes, you sure did; a six out of five! That's because there were so many characters with such unique individual personalities! Let's take a quick moment to meet them all.

                    Corine Myers: Nancy's roommate. She loves English and spends most of her time cramming to get projects done. While Corine is smart, she doesn't have many friends. Is she trying to scare off her competition to be Valedictorian?
                    Mel Corbalis: My favorite character in the game, Mel! She's a goth with many talents, one of them being an expert at playing the cello. She likes to learn art-history, and her only true friend is Corine. Does her gothic side match that of the Black Cat's?
                    Leela Yadav: The sporty girl in the rec room. Leela has won many awards for competing in sports, and yet she isn't working on any reports like the other girls. She says she has it "under control." Is she up to something she shouldn't be?
                    Izzy Romero: Isabel is the queen of the teenage girl world. She knows everything that's going on, what with being class president and all. She is very much involved in school activities and has a good chance of being valedictorian, although her ruthsome side can get the best of her.
                    Rachel Hubbard: A book-smart girl who keeps mainly to herself. She has no friends and is pretty lonely. Rachel recently flunked a test, meaning she most likely can't be valedictorian. Is she getting rid of her competition to bring her chances up?

                    Well, there you have it! With so many unique characters, I had to give this topic such a high ranking. I sure hope HeR keeps it up with advanced character development!

                    Graphics:
                    While I don't typically judge a game by the graphics, I must say this one looked pretty good. The school had a dark and mysterious feeling, and the outside scenery did look realistic. The characters looked good for the most part. Leela looked a bit...awkward, for some reason.

                    Setting and Locations:
                    Cool, another mystery to take place in a school! I've been dying for one ever since Secrets Can Kill. There was a good amount of places to explore, although I would have liked a bit more.

                    Puzzles, Games, & Tasks:
                    The puzzles were well developed and had a good relevation to the plot. A few of them were really challenging, but for these ones, there was always a reference you could find in the game to help you, which I thought was really cool. There were several fun minigames to play, and the few tasks this mystery had were somewhat relevant and blew over. Overall, great job, Herinteractive!

                    Scare, Spook, & Creep:
                    I suppose the atmosphere was a little bit creepy, and sometimes the music made it feel that way. There was one location I felt especially spooked at. Here, I've made a Scare-Meter to show the spook for this game.
                    ____________
                    |••••••••••••••••••|
                    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                    Red = Slightly Creepy Yellow = Spooky Vibes Green = On the Edge of My Seat Blue = Bone Chilling Purple = Straight-Up Scary!

                    It's about halfway filled up, which isn't saying too much. This game I think was supposed to have a creepy vibe to it.

                    The Ending:
                    I really disliked the ending. I suppose the culprit was decent, but I didn't agree with their motive. The mystery changed from Genre A to Genre B just like that. The ending puzzle made absolutely no sense, and I had to use a spoiler for it. At least it was short. However, an upside to this rainy day is that the story wrapped up rather nicely, although there is one pending question I'm dying to know the answer to!

                    Overall:
                    After a calculator helped me out, we wind up with a positive feeling of the game! There is a lot going on and I just love the efforts put into this one. HeR has outdone themselves once again! I hope you enjoyed (or will enjoy) playing this game just as much as I did, and I'll see you next time!

                    Read my last in-depth review, on Legend of the Crystal Skull.
                    Read my next in-depth review, on Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon.
                    Read my simple review of this game.
                    This is an amazing review...people tend to do really short, unhelpful reviews, but this one is long, and very helpful. You have a gift for writing.
                    “ God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                    Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Songbird98 View Post
                      This is an amazing review...people tend to do really short, unhelpful reviews, but this one is long, and very helpful. You have a gift for writing.
                      Thank you! That means a lot! You have a gift for thoughtful comments.
                      .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
                      ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
                      ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
                      ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

                      Hope everyone's having a great summer!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X