Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or cultprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!

0.74%
    0.29%
    0.44%
    1.33%
    2.80%
    4.57%
    12.39%
    22.12%
    28.02%
    27.29%
    werdycnan

I'm loving it at the moment, still working on it, but it's already deffinately one of my favourite of the series :)
    I Live in the
    /·´¨¨®¨¨`·\
    |
    ´´´'····'```|
    |
    ´´........``|
    |
    -..........-|
    |
    ``........´´|
    |
    ```______´´´|

Royal Palladium Theater
    Acting, Illusion, & Twists of Tricks!
    Where do you live?

Comment

I gave it an 8.

I think CUR is basically everybody's measuring stick for HER games at this point. It was difficult, spooky, required thought and had intensity. We all want one that outdoes CUR or at least comes close and this fell short - but was still a great and enjoyable game.

With these games we always wish for more. More play time, more areas to explore, more intensity. It's not (for me at least) because I feel HER fell short with this game or any other one, but an indication that I enjoy it so much and am disappointed when it has ended and I have to wait for the next one.

Despite what anybody says, or how any game measures up to CUR - I will continue to buy and play these games as long as they hold my interest. They are enjoyable, have the ability to pull people into an alternate life for awhile and its' something that is attractive to all ages.

Comment

I gave WAC a 9.5 in my review. I really enjoyed this game and I am currently playing it again. I was sorry when it was done, I wanted it to go on and on.
        ~~~ Senior Drew Fan ~~~
        From Secrets Can Kill to Shadow at the Water's Edge
        Nancy Rocks !

Waiting for "The Captive Curse"

Comment

I gave it an 8. I really enjoyed this game! What kept it from a 9 or 10 was the fact that we couldn't snoop enough/click on enough things in the school, and the limited character interaction. Also, the girls were a bit to cliche for my taste.

Still a fun game, just doesn't make my "favorites."

Last edited by Girl Sleuth ♥; February 27, 2012, 08:50 PM.
          ...·*¨¯¨*·...·........................
          ..‘·-·.......).·*¨¯¨*·......·

strange how the half light
          .....can maKe a PLace new.
          ...·.....(.............·¨¯)....·
          ..........‘· . ¸ _ ¸‘. · ’...............·
          ..........·........... . ¸
          thanks Spaghetti!

Comment

I absolutely ADORED this game! This is the best game since TRN or CRY, I think. The graphics were great, the characters were great, the plot was great, the music was great, EVERYTHING was great! I really liked this game (can you tell?).
            R.U.N
            I'm training for my next marathon in May! (My 8th)

My Historical Elimination Game:
            http://community.herinteractive.com/....php?t=1248214

Check out my other elimination games for ASH,SAW,WAC,HAU,VEN,CRY,ICE,DAN,TRN,CLK,CUR,SHA,DD I,DOG,CAR,SSH,FIN,TRT,and MHM!

-The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie-The Weed That Strings The Hangman's Bag-A Red Herring Without Mustard-I Am Half-Sick of Shadows-

Comment

Truthfully, I rate this game an 8.5. But because I love it so much, I went ahead and voted a 9! This is one of my favorite games now. :]]
              .....Charlotte Thornton
              ......................s h e . a l w a y s . w a s . c h a r l o t t e

Proud co-founder of ND Ultimate Alternate Endings

Comment

well for Nancy Drew games its my favorite so i gave it a 10 for Jr. Detective anyway probably a 9.5 for Senior because some of it is harder and gets on my nerves just a tad but graphics, music and story its the best
                The game is afoot, use your little grey cells and when stuck phone a friend preferably with the last names Nickerson, Hardy, Fayne, or Marvin

Comment

I was so disappointed with Ransom of the Seven Ships and the direction that the games seemed to be heading.

But, I really enjoyed Warnings at Waverly Academy and rated it as a 9. The quirky dialogues were back, there were just the right amount of tasks, and the solutions to all the puzzles were there to be found as clues. And - none of the seemingly endless third person excursions.

Thank you HerInteractive, you made this gamer very happy.

I'm off to replay Warnings in senior mode this time.

Happy Gaming!

Comment

I rated this game as a 4.5/5 in my review. After RAN, I was so
                    incredibly disgusted I pretty much gave up that HeR was even
                    listening to their fans. But after playing WAC I totally don't feel
                    that way anymore! It was so much closer to the older games
                    that it was scary. (No pun intended.) They have really seemed
                    to turn a new leaf with this game, and even thought I'm not too
                    enthralled with the idea of ND22, I'm willing to give it a shot.
                    Their comeback with Warnings at Waverly Academy made up
                    for the RAN episode.

I was impressed by the graphics and the setting. The characters
                    were pretty cool, and their personalities made up for there being
                    no boys.
                    - skittle
                    .....` · .
                    somewhere BEYOND THE SEA WAITING FOR ME.
                    . . . . . . . . . . . ` ✶ . , ¸ ¸ .

Comment

Great game! Here is my review (no spoilers guarantee!):

WAC review
                      ..............•*¨¯¨*•.
                      .•*¨¯¨*•. (.....*•-•´
                      `•-•*.....) `•.¸
                      ……¸.•´…..•*¨¯¨*•. callas
                      ..•*¨¯¨*•.. (.....*•-•´.•*¨¯¨*•. ...•*¨¯¨*•.... .•*¨¯¨*•.
                      (.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....)..`•-•*.....) .(.....*•-•´
                      .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•.¸
                      ...................`•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´ `•-•*......`•-•*

©LadyGreenleaf

Comment

i loved WAC! It's a great game!

TrumpetsRock

Comment

This game was pretty much awesome!!!!

Comment

I absolutely looved this game!It was so much fun! So so so good! A definite10!
                            1. love
                            2. peace
                            3. harmony
                            4. happiness
                              - claireI ne-yo!

Comment

I rated this a 10 :)

I reallyy enjoyed this game! I loved the setting and the personalities of all the characters! the plot and story was good and I love how HeR still incorporates history and learning into all the stories (yes i'm a little history junkie). i do have to agree that RAN was less than underwhelming, but WAC definitley made up for that! I do however really miss the old games (like Secrets Can Kill and Message in a Haunted Mansion). Those were AWSOME and like HeR classics. I wish that the following games can incorporate more actual danger rather than "oh something was stolen" things that will make people more scared, ect. so make the games more like the originals **hint hint Her, hint hint*

but anyways LOVED IT!

Comment

Working...
                              X