Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmm. I like this unfolding of story/action...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm. I like this unfolding of story/action...

I am still playing the game. I believe that the colorful crow puzzle is winnable even on my dinosaur 'puter. I think my good opinion will remain after I finish the game.

I like this game because the narration keeps things moving along and Nancy's footprints/travels through the location give us a little rest between scenes.

Nancy has much more to do here than find hidden objects. Each task leads to another task until finally the mystery is solved.

I also like the poem which must be solved in order to progress in the game. The poem makes the game linear but, to my delight, reminds me of a poem in a 'three detectives' book which serves a similar purpose in its mystery. There, Jupe does most of the reasoning.

(Imagine a mystery so convoluted and perplexing that only the new team of Nancy and Jupe can solve it. Is it possible to pair these two super-brains in a future game?)

I, too, was pleasantly surprised by the games in the Dossier series! However, I do prefer the story line of Resorting to Danger! and think that the second game is much more refined.

Comment

Working...
    X