Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it a six although that was probably a bit harsh so maybe more like a 6.5 or 7.

What bothered me was lack of character development and repetitiveness although I suppose those can't really be avoided in hidden object games. It's a good form of entertainment while you're waiting for a game from the actual ND adventure series to come out though. The graphics were OK, but I don't recommend buying this game until it's on sale.
    _==/............i.....i.............\==_
    /XX/.............|\___/|..............\XX\
    /XXXX\............|XXXXX|............./XXXX\
    |XXXXXX\_.........._XXXXXXX_.........._/XXXXXX|
    XXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXX
    |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
    XXXX/^^^^"\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/^^^^^\XXXX
    |XX|......\XXX/^^\XXXXX/^^\XXX/.......|XX|
    \XX\......\X/....\XXX/....\X/......./XX/
    "\......"......\X/......"......./"

The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

©man (The Dark Knight)
    NancyDrew4444

Comment

I gave it a 10 as it has been the best hidden object game that I have ever played. It has an plot that you can follow and it's not one of these games that all you have is a list of objects that you have to find.
      This game actually simulates your mind and makes you think rather than the mind numbing job of just searching for objects that have no meaning.
      I will be playing this game and any other game that HeR producers over a normal hidden object game.

Comment

Good Job HER!...

I loved it, it was fresh and unique from HER, really liked it, to see my Meticulous Review of it, I voiced all of my opinions and thoughts there. Just click LCC in my signature...
        whitewolf93
        Last edited by whitewolf93; July 7, 2010, 12:53 PM. Reason: Spelling...
        All 32 Cases Closed:
        SCK('98) SCK ('10) STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC TOT SAW CAP ASH TMB DED GTH SPY MED LIE SEA
        ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒʍy ʍeticulous ℛeviews▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ
        LCC RED ₒₒ▫ᵒ TCC

Case In Progress:
        CAP

Check out a book from:
        -▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫´¯`·×-»[иaиcy ∂яεω's lيbяaяy (ℛeʍastered)]--->

"It's Locked" ~ the most frustrating phrase Nancy Drew could ever say!

Comment

(Another one I forgot to rate way back in May!)

I gave this game a 7/10. It was okay, but not fantastic.

Here's the link to my review for those interested in reading it:

Lights, Camera, Curses! - My review
          ²..Rianna
          .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
          (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
          .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
          ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
          ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

Comment

this game is great with nice mini games. this was really great and I like the creepy tone about it.

Comment

I thought that this game was great! I really wasn't expecting it to be all that good, because I thought that it would be changing the things that I love about the original Nancy Drew series. But HER managed to make a game that kept the aspects that I love about mysteries and change a few other things around to make a totally new and great series. The game, while not as good as the original series, was still extremely fun to play and I really enjoyed it. :D

Comment

8!

I gave it an 8. It was fun and really diffrent...it was pretty short, I finished it less than a day. But still I really liked it!!!!
                Ephesians4:29
                Build each other up just a smile; just afew words can save a life

Comment

The one thing I don't like about the newer games is the puzzles that are timed. I gave up on the squirrels in Acadamy and I am about to give up on the crows in LCC. It really blasted me when I finally got the first series of squirrel climbing and then they hit me with an even harder one. Now I am challenged with the crows and it is getting monotonous. Puzzles should be fun not make you want to scream in frustration.

Comment

10 out of 10!!! Great new game!! Nice to change it up a bit!!!

Comment

I gave it a 5/10.
                      i probably should have given it a 6 or 7 beacause i've played it like 6 times.
                      It's fun but not that challenging. There is just more to do in the adventure ND games. But the adventure ones are harder and do take longer. The first time i played LCC it took me like 2 days, but now that i've played it quite a few times i takes me like 1 1/2-2 hours i think. It's fun but the puzzles could be a little harder.

**Signature content removed. Signatures belong in your signature box only. Please do not put your signature in your post. Go to "Quick Links" --> "Edit Signature" to put your signature into every post (automatically). For more info on siggies, read the stickies on the Signature Heights and Signature Questions boards.**
                      catsandbooks
                      Last edited by catsandbooks; August 28, 2011, 10:33 AM.
                      Nancy Drew rocks!

Comment

It's not quite as fun as the games in the regular ND series, but it is still an excellent game. I thought it was a lot of fun!

"WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE criticizing ANYONE...
                        ▐▐ just remember that

all the people in this world

haven't had the advantages that you've had."
                        {THE GREAT GATSBY}

Comment

I loved the game! Very interesting, fun, and quick.
                          PS: I CANT wait for Tomb of the Lost Queen to come out!!!
                          -Major Egypt Enthusiast

Comment

it was alright. good for someone who wants a quicker game. for the regular series, ive always had to use the forums for at least one thing. I didnt find myself even contemplating the forums for this one and was able to finish in four or five hours. the crow game was a little irritating though, i didn't feel like enough time was given. i was really frustrated to find that, though i did almost everything perfect, i did not reach the top ranking and missed the special ending.
                            . . . . . . . . . _ | \ . _ / | _ ,
                            . . . . . . . , ( ( \ \ ' ' - \ \ \ \
                            . . . . . . , ( ( ) ) . . . . . ' ) ) \
                            . . . . , ( ( ) ) ) . . . . . . , _ . \
                            . . . ( ( ( ) ) ' . . . . | . . . . . . \
                            . . . ) ) ) ) ) . . . . . > __ . . . . .\
                            . . ( ( ( ( ' . . . . . / . . . . ' - . . c )
                            . ( ( ( ( ( . . . . . / . . . . . . . ' -- '

Comment

I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed this game. I give it 9/10.

I think a lot of reviewers had compared it too much with the adventure ND games, and found it lacking compared to those. This is nothing like an adventure ND game, and with this in mind I found it's a fantastic game in its own category. No, there's not much snooping - but there's a lot of logical thinking, and searching, involved. Yes, it's short - it's supposed to be short, it's for busy detectives! And the shortness also makes it more playable. :)

I was expecting kind of an eight-year-olds game, easy and quick, but it was as well-crafted and mature as any other ND game. I liked the ending very much, and I wasn't too bothered that I didn't unlock the special stuff. All in all, I really liked LCC, and I'll probably play it again and again.

- Emily
                              ……………emily.
                              .˛·´¨¯¨`·˛ …………..·……….…. .·´¨¯)……….·
                              (….*·-·´.. .·´¨¯)
                              this is the FIRST day of my life

.`·.,˛_˛,.·´.·´……..·…. ˛.·´.·´.. .·´¨¯)
                              ……….. .·´.·´¯`·˛ .. .·´¨¯(¨`·.˛ ..(_˛.·´ .. .·´ .. .·´¨¯¨`·. ……..·
                              …..·….(….`·-·*..)·´…….`·.˛_) …..·...(_˛,.·´ .....*·-·´
                              ………..`·.,˛_˛,.·´ …………·

Thanks Aline! ♥

Comment

8!

I was finnaalllyy able to get my hands on this game. I was seriously on the fence about getting invested in this series, but I'm glad that I did.

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started playing and was a little surprised at how different it is from the regular adventure series.

The gameplay is simple and fast. Once you get the hang of all the different actions its really easy to breeze through this game. The characters were interesting and I really liked that interacting with them was not filled with long drawn out conversations or explanations of things. Everything about this game fullfills the promise on the box "Fast Fun for Busy Detectives"

I would definitly reccomend this game, its worth adding to your collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X