2018 HeR Interactive ND Fan Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 HeR Interactive ND Fan Survey

Find the link to a survey for Nancy Drew Fans under the Social Media tab, under the Community menu on the very top line, above.
    Notifications were posted via Twitter and Facebook.

It is about 41 questions, multiple choice with portions for comments.
    It states it is open now until Wednesday, March 30 - but March 30 is a Friday.

~~ADDED 03/18~~

Just noticed that the HeR home page has this information posted too.
    Last edited by LadyLinda; March 18, 2018, 05:50 AM.
    ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----
    LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

Hehe, I didn't notice that they got the day of the week wrong. Good catch! Hopefully someone at HeR finds out and they can fix it.

I think it's been a while since they last did a fan survey. Maybe they had one last year and I just don't remember. In any case, they had a good assortment of questions. I recognized the favorite/least favorite types of puzzles from earlier surveys. The interesting ones, I think, were the virtual reality question (which instantly reminded me of the December newsletter) and the question on favorite Youtube channels. If someone's favorite channels aren't ND or video game related, I don't know how that will help them.

I'm glad to see they still do these surveys. Hopefully they'll take our advice when creating future games. However, I think they'd benefit from more textbox response so that way fans could elaborate. I thought all of them were multiple choice and that can be limiting.
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

I took the survey, and I have to say I am slightly disappointed. It was very limited in what they were asking and there wasn't a whole lot for fans to submit feedback. I wish there was a open spot so that we could have the chance to voice an opinion, because this whole 4 years waiting for a game when we used to get 2 games a year, is frankly, frustrating. I guess the company knows that already, because they did ask a question on how many times a year we buy a game (i answered twice a year because thats when it was released) but honestly.... I just hope this survey isnt the beginning of the end....
      ~Eagle Eye~
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")
      Put the bunny above on your siggy if you want HER to keep making ND games!

Comment

My favorite part was telling them that I hadn't bought a new game in over two years because there hasn't been a new game in over two years I'm sure they're regretting putting that option in...something tells me whoever came up with the survey had no inkling that most people would say what I said.

I also put my own feedback in anyway. None of the puzzle types they offered as favorites actually were my favorites...in general I think the games have relied on "unintegrated" puzzles too often. Stuff that's integrated smoothly into the environment makes for puzzles I like more than any sudoku or sliders. So that's what I said...and I gave examples later of other games I'd played that featured similar mechanics. I doubt anyone is going to listen to my feedback, but why not throw it in?

I'm exceedingly confused about the Youtube channels thing. Are they planning to come up with some sort of "official let's play" channel or something? Because there's no point in comparing the success of gaming on Youtube with the ND series. Games become popular when they're exciting and fast-paced things with a variety of possible outcomes. In ND you basically just go along a preplanned story path every time. Fun to play if you like that kind of thing, not fun to watch. That's why you have a small base of fans watching Twitch, with the streams having never become hugely popular.
        Last edited by tsukiakari; March 18, 2018, 01:53 PM.
        neverending song
        2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
        So far from me too is your home
        to which I can never find my way
        your fairy tale...

Comment

Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post
          My favorite part was telling them that I hadn't bought a new game in over two years because there hasn't been a new game in over two years I'm sure they're regretting putting that option in...something tells me whoever came up with the survey had no inkling that most people would say what I said.
          I wrote that too. Maybe they were slightly curious about how many fans purchased Codes & Clues and Odyssey, which I take it is not many.
          .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
          ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
          ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
          ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

The survey was interesting and I am interested in seeing how HeR will move forward in result of the survey. But I'll still probably watch someone's walkthrough online if a game does come out first...

I did like how when they asked something like "If you have not purchase a game for two years, why did you stop," I said something like "I played them all and the last game I got was Sea of Darkness, which came out in 2015," I don't remember exactly but I do know I didn't put "because you stopped making more" ((although I don't remember much about Codes of Clues. I remember playing it once when it came out in 2016 but I can't remember if it was free or not...))

And also, when it was time to name three least favorite games, honestly, I love all of them, except for Creature of Kapu Cave. Ransom of the Seven Ships would be number two but it was okay, although not my favorite.

Finally, when the survey asked the most important part of the games I enjoyed, I checked all of them but the puzzles.

That's what got me to thinking. I do enjoy the puzzles but I think I really love the story line and the characters better. And the setting. I guess the way the story goes and the characters and dialogues are the reasons why I love the games (and other mystery crime shows)!
            Last edited by mdetective12; March 18, 2018, 06:06 PM.
            ~ MD12 ~

Comment

I'm disappointed to have missed out on the survey. But I'd like to agree with tsukiakari about integrated puzzles being better. And also put in a vote in favor of continuing to offer physical games. thank you
              --------------------------------------------------
              light is knowledge, light is life, light is light. - Chris in the Morning

Comment

Working...
              X