No announcement yet.

'Cameo'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Prof. Hotchkiss is in this game i'm really gonna look forward to it, because I think it's cool they're putting the game in Paris, and because Prof. Hotchkiss was one of my favorite characters!:D :up:
    …………….….……...........¸×´¨¯¨×¸
    …………….…….....(¯`׸....'·--·´….)…….….....¸¤´¨¯¨`¤¸
    ………….…….........`׸..`¤.,¸_¸,.¤´..¸×´¨¯¨`׸¤´…...`·--·'
    ………………….….......`×.,¸__¸,.¤´…….… ( `׸
    ……….............¸¤´¯)………..…)….…...……`¤¸_)
    .¸•´¨¯¨`•¸…...…(.¸×´……...…¸×´
    ([...`·--·'…....¸¤´ `×.,¸__¸,.×´ "Hello, dead end. My name is Nancy Drew."
    .`×.,¸__¸,.¤´
    ©GS ♥ & Autumn ♥

Comment

Here's a thought. The clue said that it was going to be a puzzle surrounding a character from a previous game and the word "cameo". What if we find a shattered Cameo pin puzzle that turns out to be the character when it is solved? I'm thinking Jane from CUR. Her mom was in Paris and maybe she is visiting. What do you think?
      ....___……The Ruby
      ../.\__/.\Birthstone of July
      /._/….\_.\Gem of 15th and 40th anniversaies
      \ ..\__/ ../Has healing powers and warns agains danger
      ..\./__\./Symbolizes devotion and desire

©Tلri~E18S+jgs
      "Delight youself in the Lord and He will
      give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4...

...But be grateful!!!

Comment

Your idea of the shattered cameo pin, cnrojas, could be right. It makes sense with the clues given so far.
        If that is all we see of the "guest appearance", though, I will be very dissapointed. I am hoping for a past character we can interact with. :)
        .██████████
        ████████████
        ██████████
        ████████████
        ████████
        ██████████
        ████████████
        ████████████
        ..██████████

Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Is anyone else thinking what I am? No question Hotchkiss? I think that it would have to be Hotchkiss. And it would make sense, because they mentioned she and they mentioned funny photos, and they would have a lot of funny photos for Hotchkiss!:) :p
          kittylove112
          Last edited by kittylove112; February 7, 2006, 04:44 AM.

Comment

It's a HUGE stretch, but what if Prof. Hotchkiss is in France doing more research on Marie Antoinette, and she finds a cameo pin that belongs to Marie. Then she would find a cameo pin, and she would be making a cameo appearance. Really, it could be anything.
            My 5-star CUR AE: The Magic Within!

As soon as she finished her sentence, a dazzling blue light filled the Great Hall. The light turned into a glowing smoke. The brilliant blue smoke snaked around the Great Hall, and slowly solidified into letters that spelled out the word KNOWLEDGE. Then, it warped into one enormous beam of light, and blasted at the band of leather on Jane’s wrist. Jane screamed, and shielded her eyes, but as soon as it had appeared, it was gone. And on Jane’s bracelet, there was a tiny figure. A ghost, much like the ones in Alan’s ghost hunt. The ghost was still faintly glowing blue.

Jane and Nancy stared at each other. “Well I’d call that obvious!” Jane said loudly as straightened up.

Nancy nodded frantically. “Yeah, well . . . at least we’ll be sure now, won’t we?”

Last Updated: July 10th

Comment

what is a cam-e-o pin?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelsee
                what is a cam-e-o pin?
                It's a pin with a profile of a lady on it (it can be a man but not usually) Older people wear them.
                Hey there, from the 100 Acre Woods

Comment

I said this in another thread, but I found out some things about the word cameo. So, I looked cameo up and this is what it said.

A gem or shell carved in relief, especially one in which the raised design and the background consist of layers of contrasting colors.

The technique of carving in this way.

A medallion with a profile cut in raised relief.

A brief vivid portrayal or depiction: a literary cameo.

A brief appearance of a prominent actor, as in a single scene of a motion picture. Also called cameo role.

So, I saw the medallion and thought about Hotchkiss. So was the word a clue? Hmm. Cameo was in 's so maybe... what do you guys think?
                  ....(\.../).......(\.../)
                  ...((."-".)).....((."-".))
                  ....\.@[email protected]./.......\.@[email protected]./
                  ....(."Y".).......(."Y".)
                  .....".^.".`-......".^.".`-.
                  ..._/(.._).(..).._/(.._).(..)
                  ..(((.\(((./(.(.(((.\(((./(.(
                  ......./.((("\.)...../.((("\.)
                  .....((("....."....((("....."
                  ©pils©uni_13

Comment

Or maybe it could be someone from TRN because in that game it dealed with gems a lot. Maybe it could be Lori Girard doing some shopping in Paris!
                    After her father lets her use his credit card again that is.
                    ;)
                    FINAL EXAMS
                    can put a gray cloud over any sunny situation.

In case you have been wondering where on Earth have I been, I have been studying for final exams. So during this week and possibly for a little while longer, I will be taking a brief break from the message boards. Fear not! I shall be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Togo Fan
                      Cameo means a reappearance...hang on, let me get the dictionary definition.

I hope it's Prof. Hotchkiss, but were there any people who were designers in previous games?
                      Heres a thought: Designers are artists and artisits can be anything-An artist (drawing,painting,sketching,ect) writing (Books,Articles) a director or actor, Maybe a A Judo artist? It could be someone we least expect- But one person I can think of that fits the eccentric/artist description is Hotchkiss. And since Hotchkiss was intersested in things doign with France ,especially, Marie Antoinette, she could be in France doing some research. Just a though :D TTYL. Byes
                      Back and Better than ever ;)

I go out, and I sit down, at a table set for two. And finally I have to face the truth:
                      No matter what I say, I'm...not over you.

Comment

I've played all the Nancy Drew computer games, and since this is taking place in France, it would make sense for someone who is connected to France in some way to make the cameo appearance. I see two main possibilities here:

1. Professor Beatrice Hotchkiss. She's an expert on French history, and she specializes in Marie Antoinette. She's the most likely one to be in France.

2. Jane Penvellyn. Less likely for reasons which I probably shouldn't go into, but her mother lives in Paris. Maybe she's coming there for a visit.

Of the two, I'd pick Professor Hotchkiss. But I'll find out when Danger by Design comes out. I hope it's soon.

Belle Book
                        «▪´¯`▪»My spirit animal is «▪´¯`▪»

¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸
                        ……`•.,¸_¸,.•´…………`•.,¸_¸,.•´…………`•.,¸_¸,.•´……

The Orca
                        ¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸
                        ……`•.,¸_¸,.•´…………`•.,¸_¸,.•´…………`•.,¸_¸,.•´……

©LG & ~81~

Belle Book

Comment

Originally posted by Winnie Rocks
                          It's a pin with a profile of a lady on it (it can be a man but not usually) Older people wear them.
                          can you make it clearer please? what you gave me is kinda....well....hard to understand. what does it look like?

Comment

OK! Heres who I think it is. I think its Marie Antionette cause shes a very important historical figure in these games. Not to mention that shes from France and they said they were designing a puzzle around her. Her or her picture?.?.?.
                            Outside of a dog, a book is probably a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.
                            Groucho Marx©JoeNFrankFan

Comment

but she is dead

Comment

Originally posted by *EQUESTRIAN*
                                Is cameo a girl's name?
                                Cameo is a girls name, so don't feel dumb! I have a friend named Cameo:)

Comment

Working...
                                X