This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Characters races and looks

The mod here wrote: "singles out certain people racially" in regards to removing someone's post. I was wondering why that was removed (I of course didn't see it) when there are people pointing out the body types of other people which is also offensive. It's not cool to call someone "fat and bald." That said, it'd be nice to see some female characters in these games who aren't extremely thin and also we could see some characters with disabilities. So far we see a lot of Caucasian, skinny blonde people.

I'd also LOVE one of these games to be set in India.

Comment

My point: The eight heads part has nothing to do with the number of characters. EACH character has eight head positions and ten body positions, so that when you talk to them, they have the right expressions and hand movements.

Good point, ColorNine. I love learning about cultures. Like in Message in the Haunted Mansion, when you had to find the Chinese characters.
      Ahhhly
      Last edited by Ahhhly; February 19, 2006, 05:04 PM.

συяѕ ιѕ тнє fυяу

Comment

Re: Characters races and looks

Originally posted by TheColorNine
        The mod here wrote: "singles out certain people racially" in regards to removing someone's post. I was wondering why that was removed (I of course didn't see it) when there are people pointing out the body types of other people which is also offensive. It's not cool to call someone "fat and bald." That said, it'd be nice to see some female characters in these games who aren't extremely thin and also we could see some characters with disabilities. So far we see a lot of Caucasian, skinny blonde people.

I'd also LOVE one of these games to be set in India.
        TheColorNine, you bring up a very good point. I was unsure of how to handle this before, but you are right. People should not be talking about a "fat and bald guy" or a "black buff guy" because both could be taken offensively. Mr.E and Cowgirl12, please remember this for the future so you don't offend somebody accidently. Also, Mr.E, I'm unsure where you got information about a "fat bald guy" because I have yet to see information about this character. This is also why I was not sure if I should edit this. But I feel very strongly that making fun of a race or body type is not nice, and not following the rules of this forum. Please remember to "treat others as you want to be treated." You may start another thread about your subject of discussion, just remember to leave out any references to body types and races. Thank you. :)

Comment

Working...
        X