Theory on Samantha Quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory on Samantha Quick

In Phantom of Venice, we hear about a mysterious girl named Samantha Quick, but never meet her. We don't even get to see who voiced her! Nancy goes undercover as her, and must look like her because she gets away with it.

I have a WILD, but sensible theory- an angle I wish the original Carolyn Keene herself would have come up with: Samantha Quick is Nancy's long-lost twin sister.

Now, before you deem me absolutely insane, hear me out: We have never seen any of Nancy's features besides her hair in Shadow at the Water's Edge. We have never met Samantha. Possibly so that we would never see how similar they look? And, in PoV, we get a call from Samantha saying "there's only one of me, and I like to keep it that way": Possibly a bit of jealousy of her famous sister?

Sure, there are lot's of reasons why this couldn't work, like how Mr. Drew probably would have told her by now, or at least her Aunt Eloise(since, in the books she is painfully honest) and stuff like that. But, think of the reasons why it COULD work out. Just something to think about :)
    Last edited by GodGirl828; April 17, 2011, 11:16 AM.

That is a good idea!! I never thought about that! Good sleuthing!

Comment

Good Theory! I never thought about that, but I guess it's possible. Maybe Samantha changed her last name or something or vise versa. Lol! But anyway, nice theory.

~Gigi!

gryf fin dor
      brave at heart ; daring, nerve, and chivalry ; Gigi

Thanks for the signature, Lostie!

"How well do you know..." Quizzes

CAPSAWTOTWACVENCRYICECRE
      DAN(New!)

Comment

Haha, interesting theory! I never thought about that, but it could be possible. :)

- Lauren <3
        xoxo, Lauren

Comment

I don't think so...

as cool as that would be i don't think its right. we don't see Samantha because we're posing as her even though they've never seen her in the game either.
          When Samantha calls up and says that thing about there only being one of her shes saying that we need to stop impersonating her. not that we look like her or are related.
          but it was a really cool idea. nice thought!

Comment

Originally posted by LegolasLover3 View Post
            as cool as that would be i don't think its right. we don't see Samantha because we're posing as her even though they've never seen her in the game either.
            When Samantha calls up and says that thing about there only being one of her shes saying that we need to stop impersonating her. not that we look like her or are related.
            but it was a really cool idea. nice thought!
            I agree with the call meaning "stop impersonating me" but maybe (just MAYBE) there was a double meaning?

Comment

woah nice theory,
              and i have one too,

maybe Simone (Final Scene) and Samantha are working together, because in the Final Scene, Simone (agent) tells Nancy to change her name to Samantha Quick, as he stage name.
              Now maybe somehow in the Nancy Drew world. these two came together and BOOM
              samantha was made,

think its crazy ?

SCK/SCK2 STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK

TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC TOT SAW
              CAP ASH

All have been conquered :)
              All that we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream.
              -Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by superfan18 View Post
                woah nice theory,
                and i have one too,

maybe Simone (Final Scene) and Samantha are working together, because in the Final Scene, Simone (agent) tells Nancy to change her name to Samantha Quick, as he stage name.
                Now maybe somehow in the Nancy Drew world. these two came together and BOOM
                samantha was made,

think its crazy ?
                Good point! When Simone was bouncing ideas about names for Nancy, Samantha Quick came up as a possibility.

I think you have just stumbled onto the meaning of Sam Quick. Herinteractive probably just named the VEN character Sam Quick to serve like a little easter egg for any one who noticed.

Good Job!
                //hope I helped\\

.we found out secrets can kill.
                .we listened for the message in the haunted mansion.
                .we found the treasure in the royal tower.
                .we witnessed the final scene.
                .we solved the secret of the scarlet hand.
                .we trained the ghost dogs of moon lake.
                .we rode the haunted carousel.
                .we faced the danger on deception island.
                .we uncovered the secret of shadow ranch.
                .we broke the curse of blackmoor manor.
                .we discovered the secret of the old clock.
                .we were on board for the last train to blue moon canyon.
                .we survived the danger by design.
                .we learned the legend of the crystal skull.
                .we unmasked the phantom of venice.
                .we braved the haunting of castle malloy.
                .we payed the ransom of the seven ships.
                .we heeded the warnings at waverly academy.
                .we followed the trail of the twister.
                .we saw the shadow at water's edge.
                .we destroyed the captive curse.
                .we had an alibi in ashes.

Comment

I like the theories, and there is something I'd like to add to them. If you've ever played the Hardy Boys DS game, you know that Frank and Joe try to find out the mysterious phone girl's name. When they ask her what her name is, she asks them if they like the name Samantha. So I have a theory that this mysterious phone friend is Samantha Quick. Although Samantha's hair is brown in the DS game, her and Nancy could still be related. Nice sleuthing!

Comment

I checked a few places on the internet and after an hour and a half of intense search I came up with this.
                    The mysterious Samantha Quick was voiced by Lani Minella.... Now I could be wrong... but I hope there's some truth in that!
                    Omg, where on earth have I been? I'm sorry I've been away from these boards forever. Life caught up with me.

BUT I'M BACK :D

Hello everyone.
                    Purple in the houseeeee.

Comment

That is a reallllllllllly awesome idea.

Comment

Very interesting idea! I doubt that Samantha will actually turn out to be Nancy's sister, but it would make for a very dramatic reveal
                        neverending song
                        2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                        So far from me too is your home
                        to which I can never find my way
                        your fairy tale...

Comment

I thought that she only said that there was only one of her because she's mad that you are impersonating her.

And I'd like to also point out that if she looked like Nancy, then what is the point of even impersonating her? Wouldn't they think Nancy was Samantha even in her regular clothes? It is Venice after all and no one would know who Nancy was.

But interesting idea nonetheless :)

Comment

Omg, Idea!
                            What if Nancy's mom had another child before she met carson and never got the chance to tell him and nancy??

Then your theory would be true!
                            Please remember to try to keep TMB plot lines out of your thread titles, so as
                            not to spoil it for others until the game is in stores. Read more here Thank you!
                            … … … … … … … … … … … … … K a t l y n < 3

I am a Christian!!

TRICKORTREAT!

Comment

In SAW though, from what we do see of Nancy, she has red hair. I always thought Samantha had blonde, thus the reason we had to buy a blonde wig. ( unless that was just apart of Samantha's disguise ).

And I think when she said there was only one of her, and she would like to keep it that way, she meant that regarding Nancy impersonating her.

Interesting theory though. :)
                              { find your freedom in the music }
                              artwork : mr. brightside :) writing a cap ae.

coming back this summer!

Comment

Working...
                              X