Nancy's Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nancy's Mother

Have you ever noticed, that in all of the Nancy Drew games, AND the books, now that I think about it, we never really touch what Nancy's mom was like? Or how she died?

All we know is that Mrs. Drew died when Nancy was three, leading to Mr. Drew hiring Hannah Gruen to be like a second mother to her.

Could this be a future game plot angle? It just seems odd that no one ever mentions it. What really happened to Mrs. Drew?

Any ideas?

She's the secret culprit of ASH.

Comment

really phoenix star? that ruins it for me
      Hi! My name is Amanda. I was formerly known as "babycook" but now I go by Amanda. Nice to meet all of you! :)

Comment

Originally posted by babywantcookie View Post
        really phoenix star? that ruins it for me
        I'm more than pretty sure phoenix star was joking..you probably know that too..but I just wanted to let you know, in case you really weren't sure.
        .·*¨¯¨*·¸
        `·-·*
        .....) Your love is deep.
        .......¸.·`
        ......(....¸.·*¯) Your love is wide.
        .......`·.¸_¸.·`
        ....¸.·`..¸.·*¨¯) I will rest,
        ..(_¸.·*....¸.·` I will rest
        ............(
        .............`·.¸¸.·*¨¯) tonight.
        .................. *·-·`All Sons and Daughters * Tonight

Comment

I dont think HeR would make a game that isn't based off of a book. That's why HeR doesn't take Game suggestions, just book suggestions to base the games off of.
          Please remember to try to keep TMB plot lines out of your thread titles, so as
          not to spoil it for others until the game is in stores. Read more here Thank you!
          … … … … … … … … … … … … … K a t l y n < 3

I am a Christian!!

TRICKORTREAT!

Comment

It's been forever since this thread was started, but there has been progression in the angle of Nancy's mom.

In TMB, if you call Bess and talk to her about the Daughters of Nefertari, she'll say that it reminds her of how Nancy got into solving mysteries. Nancy asks what she means.

"I just thought your mom...the way she died....is how you started to like solving mysteries."

The plot thickens! The only two possibilities are that Mrs. Drew was murdered, or died under mysterious circumstances, like Jamilla's mom (I think you can infer the diary-writer is Jamilla's mom)

Comment

Originally posted by GodGirl828 View Post
              It's been forever since this thread was started, but there has been progression in the angle of Nancy's mom.

In TMB, if you call Bess and talk to her about the Daughters of Nefertari, she'll say that it reminds her of how Nancy got into solving mysteries. Nancy asks what she means.

"I just thought your mom...the way she died....is how you started to like solving mysteries."

The plot thickens! The only two possibilities are that Mrs. Drew was murdered, or died under mysterious circumstances, like Jamilla's mom (I think you can infer the diary-writer is Jamilla's mom)
              Wow - good catch! I'd love it if there were a game (again in River Heights, since it could use a second chance) where Nancy reflects upon her childhood and tries to find out who was responsible for her mother's death...

I know that in CLK, Nancy mentions to Emily that her mother died when she was young too, but otherwise, Mrs. Drew is hardly mentioned at all in the games.

Back to the subject of Nancy's mom being a potential mystery game, that might be a little insensitive to real girls who have, unfortunately, lost their parents themselves. Then again, that was part of SAW's plot, so I don't know for sure, and I would think that Nancy is a good role model for people because of her situation....

But anyway, that would be a cool idea, and I hope that this little piece of information does stir up the plot of the next games!

Comment

Have you ever noticed, that in all of the Nancy Drew games, AND the books, now that I think about it, we never really touch what Nancy's mom was like? Or how she died?

All we know is that Mrs. Drew died when Nancy was three, leading to Mr. Drew hiring Hannah Gruen to be like a second mother to her.

Could this be a future game plot angle? It just seems odd that no one ever mentions it. What really happened to Mrs. Drew?

Any ideas?
                I think it sounds like a good idea, but I really don't think it could work.

The fact that her mother is dead goes more into the whole plot of Nancy's character.

You can't really change her character, ya know?
                à

Comment

My sister once wrote a fan fiction story where Nancy found out that her mother was really alive and was kidnapped.
                  As exciting and amazing as it was, I'm pretty sure that isn't going to be made into a game.
                  I would not mind at all if they mentioned Nancy's mom more and if we got to know her a bit more.

Come to think of it, near the end of SAW, wasn't there some sort of mysterious thing that (I can't remember her name) a suspect says that we don't know what it meant?
                  And Sonny Joon, his showing up before Nancy in most if not all places before she starts her cases. What if he had something to do with her mother's death? He probably has nothing to do with it, but it's a pretty cool story idea anyway.
                  The Lord is my Shepherd...
                  ~~~Psalms 23~~~
                  I enjoy writing and reading fantasy.
                  I like exploring the land
                  of the printed pages,

the beautiful patterns of the black ink on the white.

Comment

I am curious to know a little bit more about Nancy, but at the same time, I like the idea of not knowing everything about her. I love hearing little things about her personal life (*cough* CAP *cough*) and maybe even how she got into solving mysteries. However, there still needs to be an aspect to Nancy that we still don't know about. That is how we will keep her alive for generations to come!
                    No thanks. I'll wait and hope for better things.

~Rhett Butler {Clark Gable}

Comment

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this already, but maybe her mom was also into solving mysteries (i dont know if her occupation is said, if so, sorry) and I dont know, died while on a case or something like that. And maybe the killer was never brought to justice so now Nancy wants to do her part in preventing that same situation in other people's lives. But its just my theory. Thought I'd share it here and see what others think.
                      ..•*¨¯¨*•..The wonderful thing about Tiggers
                      (..(..*•-•´.Is Tiggers are wonderful things,
                      .`•..`•..Their tops are made out of rubber,
                      ....`•..`•..Their bottoms are made out of springs,
                      .•*¨¯¨*•.*•..They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
                      `•-•*.....)..).Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!
                      ......¸.•´¸.•´.But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers,
                      .¸.•*¨¯¨*•...............•*¨¯¨*•..Is I'm.....the only one!
                      (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.(.....*•-•´..•*¨¯¨*•...•*¨¯¨*•.
                      .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•...`•-•*....)
                      ................`•.,¸,.•´.....*•-•´.`•-•*....`•.,¸_¸,.•´

©LadyGreenleaf+Tigger

Comment

In the original book series it never said how her mom died...so I would assume that HER would not want want to make something up, since they don't usually make things up about Nancy's life. Even Togo's in the books and Aunt Eloise.
                        they would have to make it really good for me to approve of it.
                        MiniMew
                        "If the King Doesn't Lead how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"
                        -Lelouch, Code Geass

Comment

I think it'll be really interesting to see what HER does with this plot. I'm fairly certain that they're going to touch on it at some point, since Bess mentioned her mothers death and how it ties in with her solving mysteries - it seems odd that they would just put that line in the game with no meaning. I also wouldn't say that just because they never explain her mothers death in the book series, they would leave it out of the games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but other mystery 'arcs' that take place during several games like Sonny Joon and Samantha Quick were never in any of the book series. I don't know how soon HER will start giving us enough information to start getting the full picture or hints of the full picture, but I think they'll eventually reveal everything and how it all ties together. I feel like ever since maybe VEN, HER has been dropping 'hints' in the games of there being a bigger mystery in Nancy's life than we would have originally thought, and they keep giving us little bits of information with no full explanation. In a way, I do enjoy the newer mysteries more than the earlier ones because I feel like there's something deeper going on than in the earlier games, and everything seems more connected. It'd be a shame if they never went anywhere with all of this.

- audrey

Comment

I think I heard somewhere that in one of the newer books it said Nancy's mom died in a car crash when she was 3.
                            Someone else posted on this subject a long time ago and their thread was closed... I think HeR said they wouldn't make Nancy's mom into a murder mystery.
                            But I do hope they will mention this. It would make the games more in-depth if they mention Nancy's past more often.

;+ *; ,.;*+ ;
                            ., * ' ' . ,` "* ;.'+' ;

Greater love has no one than this,
                            that a man lay down his life for his friends.

.,;*+.* John 15:13 *.*;,.
                            The silent spy awaits -
                            ♦ + Dottore'sBANE ... has no remedy. + ♦
                            ^Please click^ my VEN ae :)

Comment

I remember reading one of the stories (I forget the title argh!) and it said that her name was Lena Austin before she married Carson Drew. It also said that she died of a prolonged illness.

Also, Carolyn Keene (Mildred Benson) originally didn't want to kill off Nancy Drew's mother from the series but she was following outlines prepared ahead of time by Edward Stratemayer. Stratemayer died soon after the first three books were published so Nancy Drew remained motherless in the dozen or so book outlines Stratemayer left behind.
                              Last edited by Baron of Braganza; September 14, 2012, 08:29 AM.
                              COMING SOON!
                              River of DeceitUnder the Alaskan Sun
                              The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

Working...
                              X