pre-orders ship on the 10th - A MONDAY! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-orders ship on the 10th - A MONDAY! :D

It's what we've all begged and pleaded for -- pre-orders to ship on a MONDAY. In the past, pre-orders have generally shipped out on Wednesdays, making 3-day shippers have to wait until Monday to receive their game. (the lucky ones may be able to get theirs on Friday)

But boring and long weekend-waiting no more! This year, pre-orders will be shipped Monday, October 10th! So, if you order 3 day shipping, you should expect your game by Thursday. Overnighters will obviously get their games the next day, on Tuesday, and 5-7 day shippers should have their games the next Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

I've told myself that I'm getting this game Overnight'ed, since it's special and all. But the Monday shipping has me tempted to go for 3-day. But, I think I'm going to stick with Overnight this time. <3

ANYONE ELSE EXCITED ABOUT THIS? :D (not yelling)
    what shipping will you be getting? what are your thoughts?
    - kara.
    ℓeave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.

Hi!!! I'm actually going to pre-order the download because it is available to download on the 10th and I don't have to pay for shipping or the wait :)

right now we are
    alive

and in this moment,
    i sweaR we aRe iNFiNiTe.

Comment

I, too, am extremely excited for the game. It seems like this release date is extremely early when compared to past fall games.
      I usually get next day shipping, but am sincerely disappointed that HeR is going to allow downloaders to receive their games before the people who pay $26 for shipping. It seems very unreasonable to me, that I, who pay around $46 for my game, will finish after the people who only pay for the game itself. That's the only reason I buy next day shipping: the opportunity to finish, to know what the next game is, before it's spread around the boards. Digital copies hold little interest for me, as I love my boxed editions. I emailed HeR about this complaint already, and I hope that they will send the next day orders on the Friday before the 10th or find some other way to appease the people who pay a substantial amount more.

Comment

Makes no difference to me; I'm getting 5-7 day. I wish they would ship the previous Thursday/Wednesday instead of that Monday because I'll be getting it ONE day before the stores have it :/ Seeing as some stores put it out early too, I'll probably have it after them too. Sorry A bit sore of the shipping dates.

I definitely agree; giving the downloads immediate access is not a good idea. They only pay for the game; and the people who pay almost $50 for their game should get it before the people who pay $20.
        ♥My Game Collection♥

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
        |SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|
        |SSH|DOG_|CAR|DDI|SHA|
        |CUR|CLK_|TRN|DAN|CRE|
        |ICE|CRY_|VEN|HAU|RAN|
        |WAC|TOT_|SAW|CAP|ASH|
        |TMB|....|...|...|...|
        |...|SCK2|LCC|RED|...|
        GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Comment

I hope I don't offend anyone by this, but...

I don't understand why its such a big deal about the download dates. If you want the game early, then just pre-order the download. You don't have to pay for shipping and wait for shipping. I don't get why people are getting upset about it.

Sorry if I offended anyone :)

Ally

right now we are
          alive

and in this moment,
          i sweaR we aRe iNFiNiTe.

Comment

When you get the box, you pay for the box. Downloading is a new feature, and because of this, a lot of people who *can't* get the game shipped to them are able to play Nancy Drew. You could also drive to WalMart or Best Buy and get them the same day-- why wait for shipping at all? My WalMart has them the day they are out.

Downloads should be *cheaper*, because we don't get the box, or any of the "pretties," we don't have a hard copy of the disk, and we need internet on the computer we are downloading them on. Just my opinion. The best way to avoid paying a lot and avoid being spoiled is to stay off of the boards after the 10th, until you've played them.

:D ANYWAY I am sooo excited!
            Last edited by phoenixtear; September 17, 2011, 02:18 PM.
            .·´¨¯¨`·, . . . . . . .
            ..·´¨¯¨`·, . *·-·´ .. .) . . . . . . . . .·´¨¯¨`·,
            ( . .*·-·´ . . .·´¨¯¨`+.,¸_¸,.+´¯`·. .*·-·´ . .)
            .`+.,¸_¸,.·´ . . . . . . . . . . . . .`·.,¸_¸,.·´
            “as usual, when Frank
            was around, Nancy’s heart beat
            just a little faster.
            Nancy and Frank both recognized
            that their respect for each other
            had an edge of something more,
            something that could be romantic
            in a different time and place.”
            —"Target for Terror"

supermystery

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
            [/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixtear View Post
              When you get the box, you pay for the box. Downloading is a new feature, and because of this, a lot of people who *can't* get the game shipped to them are able to play Nancy Drew. You could also drive to WalMart or Best Buy and get them the same day-- why wait for shipping at all? My WalMart has them the day they are out.

Downloads should be *cheaper*, because we don't get the box, or any of the "pretties," we don't have a hard copy of the disk, and we need internet on the computer we are downloading them on. Just my opinion. The best way to avoid paying a lot and avoid being spoiled is to stay off of the boards after the 10th, until you've played them.

:D ANYWAY I am sooo excited!
              I don't think anyone is debating the price the downloaders pay.
              Wal*Mart and Best Buy do not have the game the 10th, which is when the next day orders will be shipped and the downloaders begin to download.
              Just because the downloaders don't get the actual box does not mean they should get their games before the poeple who pay over double what downloaders pay.
              That is what is so unfair about this deal. I agree that downloaders should be able to play ASH before it is released in stores, but spending $50 on a game is a considerable investment, and those people should get perks for spending so much.
              The whole point of next day shipping is to be one of the first to play the game. That's what next day shippers pay an extra $25 for: the opportunity to be first.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyeclipse View Post
                Wal*Mart and Best Buy do not have the game the 10th, which is when the next day orders will be shipped and the downloaders begin to download.
                Just because the downloaders don't get the actual box does not mean they should get their games before the poeple who pay over double what downloaders pay.
                That is what is so unfair about this deal. I agree that downloaders should be able to play ASH before it is released in stores, but spending $50 on a game is a considerable investment, and those people should get perks for spending so much.
                The whole point of next day shipping is to be one of the first to play the game. That's what next day shippers pay an extra $25 for: the opportunity to be first.
                Hmmm, I see what you're saying.

I think the problem here is that HeR's games are a flat rate; they have to pay the postal service if you want your order to be shipped with a special order. That's why they are higher. A downloader costs them less time, and HeR doesn't see any difference between a downloader who pays HeR 19.99 and a next-day-shipper who pays HeR 19.99. I think the extra money just goes to the post office for their services.

A better investment, if you want don't want to pay $50 dollars and have to wait, is to buy the downloaded game, play it that day, and buy another game to be shipped for free shipping. There, you've saved $10 dollars by only paying $40, and you have a hard copy and a downloadable copy.
                .·´¨¯¨`·, . . . . . . .
                ..·´¨¯¨`·, . *·-·´ .. .) . . . . . . . . .·´¨¯¨`·,
                ( . .*·-·´ . . .·´¨¯¨`+.,¸_¸,.+´¯`·. .*·-·´ . .)
                .`+.,¸_¸,.·´ . . . . . . . . . . . . .`·.,¸_¸,.·´
                “as usual, when Frank
                was around, Nancy’s heart beat
                just a little faster.
                Nancy and Frank both recognized
                that their respect for each other
                had an edge of something more,
                something that could be romantic
                in a different time and place.”
                —"Target for Terror"

supermystery

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                [/SIZE]

Comment

*Jaw drops* Seriously?! Shipping on Monday?! That's fantastic!!!

Now, for a comment the download versus boxed:
                  I remember when there was the whole discussion last year and the year before when it wasn't really fair to the people who downloaded because they wouldn't get their game until the store release.
                  Now it seems that it's unfair for the pre-order boxed edition because we have to pay a lot for shipping to get it a day after the downloads are available. Amazing how this whole issue spun around 180 degrees isn't it?
                  To end my little ranting here, I was thinking a more fair solution to this might be -- since they are shipping on the 10th and downloading on the 10th -- that the download should be available on the 11th so they get the game at the same time as the overnight shipping, and the shipping costs (is it really $25 for overnight now?) would be just to get the fancy box. I'm not sure if there is a way to make all of this perfectly fair to satisfy everyone though. Just putting in my two cents on the matter.

Originally posted by JewishDetective View Post
                  I hope I don't offend anyone by this, but...

I don't understand why its such a big deal about the download dates. If you want the game early, then just pre-order the download. You don't have to pay for shipping and wait for shipping. I don't get why people are getting upset about it.

Sorry if I offended anyone :)

Ally
                  You didn't offend me at all. :)

I just had to comment on what you said up there. I also don't want to offend anyone. I'm happy for those of you who can pre-order the download, but for me, it would be impossible.
                  My dial-up internet is so terrible that I can't download the game. Pre-ordering the boxed edition is the only way I can pre-order at all. To give you an idea of my internet, it took me about ten minutes just to load the CAP product page so I could order the boxed. So I almost didn't get to pre-order at all.
                  What I'm saying is, for some people, we can't just pre-order the download. We have no choice but to wait. But, I actually found that the wait is part of the fun now. It's like a ND ritual: tracking the package every five minutes to see where it is, hearing a vehicle motor on the day it's supposed to arrive only to find out it's your neighbor's lawnmower, just the little stuff like that. That makes it all worth it. :)
                  Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

Comment

Originally posted by luckyeclipse View Post
                    I get the download preorder because without download there is no way for me (in Australia) to be able to play the game. I understand that you want to be first to play if you get overnight shipping but when you pay extra you pay for not just the shipping but the box, and it takes longer to box and ship a game then it does for it to be available for download. If you want the box for your collection then pay extra and get the shipped box, but downloaders have the right to get the game just as early as you do, afterall, we preordered it too. I'm not meaning to be offensive or rude but I am wondering how long you'd like dowloaders to wait before they can download the game?
                    Peace.Love.Nancy Drew

Comment

I'll be preordering but with 5-7 day shipping. I have no problem with waiting nor do I have a desire to be the very first to play; I'm usually pretty good about staying away from the boards until I'm finished. In fact the only reason I preorder now is to get the Special Edition; before I would just wait until the game came out in stores. But actually I think Royal Payne brings up an excellent point to solve the whole Overnight Shipping vs. Downloading problem: let the downloaders download the day the overnighters get their game. I mean sure, there may be a difference of hours between when the downloaders download their game and when UPS brings the overnighters their package, but at least the people who really wanted the (physical) game immediately and paid for overnight will get it the same day as the downloaders. Just my opinion. :)
                      ~*My reviews and my petition!*~
                      *Ransom of the Seven Ships
                      *Warnings at Waverly Academy
                      *Trail of the Twister
                      *Secrets Can Kill - Remastered
                      *The Captive Curse
                      *Tomb of the Lost Queen

Comment

mhmm cool
                        Hi! My name is Amanda. I was formerly known as "babycook" but now I go by Amanda. Nice to meet all of you! :)

Comment

Oh my! You are so right! :D That is a hUge bonus! I don't believe I will be preordering this time, but that is fantastic for you guys!

I hope all of your games arrive in, like, one hour or something awesome! Haha! In other words, best wishes!

~Katydid
                          PS: C h e c k o u t m y f i r s t A e : ,-',-'Troubled Paradise'-,'-, (a CRE Ae)

Bring Back Red Glowing Magnifying Glass Icon! Sign here.

I am back again! My computer died a couple weeks ago. Thankfully it is now stitched back up like a little electronic frankenstein and is back and running. ;)

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU makes you STRONGER
                          ....stand a little taller....
                          DOESN'T MEAN I'M LONELY WHEN I'M ALONE

Currently Reading: The Host by Stephanie Meyer

Comment

Originally posted by Jonty Rocks View Post
                            I get the download preorder because without download there is no way for me (in Australia) to be able to play the game. I understand that you want to be first to play if you get overnight shipping but when you pay extra you pay for not just the shipping but the box, and it takes longer to box and ship a game then it does for it to be available for download. If you want the box for your collection then pay extra and get the shipped box, but downloaders have the right to get the game just as early as you do, afterall, we preordered it too. I'm not meaning to be offensive or rude but I am wondering how long you'd like dowloaders to wait before they can download the game?
                            I believe the people who are willing to pay $50 for a game have much more of a right to receive the game first. Just because someone preorders does not mean he or she should get the game the same day as someone who has paid $30 extra dollars. The whole point of different shipping speeds/prices is to establish who gets the game first. People who pay $20 for a physical game, but still preorder, don't get their games the same day as next day shippers. Just because you preorder, does not mean you should get the games on the same day.
                            As I've said in a previous post, I do believe that downloaders should receive their copy before stores get them. However, I also believe that there has to be a compromise between the people who really need/want a physical copy for their collections and those who don't or can't. Therefore, I think downloads should be available around the time 3-day shippers receive their copies--around 14th.
                            I think this is reasonable because, even if HeR shipped out of the country, how many people would pay the $50 to get it next day? Not many. Many downloaders would normally get the 3-day or 5-7 day shipping. This way, downloaders wouldn't have the shipping costs, would still get the game earlier than they probably would have paid for anyway, would get the game before it's out in stores, and it would be fair to those willing to pay for next day shipping.

Comment

Didn't they say orders will ship the week of the 10th, not necessarily on the 10th? Maybe I read wrong, so I'm confused. Does UPS ship on Columbus Day? I was figuring that UPS didn't ship that day & therefore the earliest orders would go out would be the 11th. I was thinking those would be mainly overnight & some 3 day with the remaining 3 day orders going out on the 12 & 5 -7 day orders going out on the 12, 13, & maybe 14. Using those thoughts, I figured to get my game either Fri or Monday (3 day shipping to East Coast) at the earliest. I'm hoping I'm wrong in my figuring & they will actually begin shipping games out on Monday. I do wish they'd shorten the pre-order period ( so those of us who pre-order the first day won't have to wait so long to get our games) & increase the period between shipping date & in store date so that ALL who pre-order can be sure of getting their games before they're in stores. I also wish Her would include a free digital download with physical boxed pre-orders so that those of us who really want the boxed copy & disk could begin playing right away, when the pre-order period ends & downloading begins & still get our boxed copy & DVD without having to pay double, or maybe even do a bundle deal where you can pre-order the boxed game & for an extra nominal cost, say $2 or $3, also get the download & start playing sooner. I know I, for one, would happily choose 5 -7 day shipping & pay a nominal fee for a DL on shipping day, rather than paying that extra bit to UPS for 3 day delivery. I bet some others would be happy to do so, as well.
                              "I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve jammie dodgers and a fez."
                              (Doctor Who)

"The very first words in recorded history:
                              Hello Sweetie.
                              The Doctor: You graffitied the oldest cliff face in the Universe!
                              River: You wouldn't answer your phone!"

(Doctor Who)

Comment

Working...
                              X