Guessing at the type of Deadly Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guessing at the type of Deadly Device

So I was just thinking about the title "The Deadly Device" of the next game. I was pondering if it might be either a genius but faulty Nikola Tesla invention, or if it might be a device to help aliens destroy Earth or something, because I read on another post that Nikola Tesla had an "encounter" with aleins.
    Any thoughts?
    *·¸ . . . . . . . . . . . . . .·*, . . .·˙·¸
    Hi, you've reached Karina,
    Amateur sleuth extraordinaire. . . . . .
    Leave a clue, and I’ll track you down later.

. . . . . . `*•-•*´ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ˙, _ . •´

gameMED Awards & Eggssignature shop

I'm pretty sure that the device will be a Tesla Coil. There is a picture of it on HeR's facebook page too. I think that the game will be very 'electrical'. I do think that there will be reference to aliens though...
    At any rate, I can't wait!

;+ *; ,.;*+ ;
    ., * ' ' . ,` "* ;.'+' ;

Greater love has no one than this,
    that a man lay down his life for his friends.

.,;*+.* John 15:13 *.*;,.
    The silent spy awaits -
    ♦ + Dottore'sBANE ... has no remedy. + ♦
    ^Please click^ my VEN ae :)

Comment

Talk about deadly devices, nothing more deadly pops in my mind in a blink of an eye : Tesla's Death Ray,a weapon with destructive power, a giant accellerator

Comment

In a book I once read about Tesla it said he came up with a "Earthquake Machine". Could that be The Deadly Device??? If not I'm guessing a machine that has to do with a lot of electricity.
        I Have Solved
        SCK/SCK2-STFD-MHM-TRT-FIN-SSH-DOG-CAR-DDI- SHA-CUR-CLK-TRN-DAN-CRE-ICE-CRY-VEN-HAU-RAN-WAC-TOT-SAW -CAP-ASH-TMB-DED- GTH- SPY-MED

Working On
        Waiting on: ND 31

I'm so crazy you might call me a Hatter...a Mad Hatter

Comment

A new invention

I just thought, maybe his lab holds a secret device, and Nancy has to solve puzzles and follow clues to find it. The device could be a made-up invention, one Tesla didn't acctually build in his lifetime. Kinda reminds me of how no one has truely found Nefertari's Tomb, Eh?

Reps to all!
          Last edited by NancyFan232323; August 7, 2012, 09:41 AM. Reason: Thanks to other people who posted

Comment

Tesla had a bunch of inventions (some of which were "deadly"), but I sure do hope aliens come into play somehow!
            .•*¨¯¨*•. If you want me to dress
            `•-•*..)..) in feathers and war paint
            ...¸.•´.•´ and play the Scotch bagpipes
            ..•*¨¯¨*•. up and down Main Street,
            (..(..*•-•´ I'll do it without asking you why.
            .`•.`•.¸ Ned Nickerson...•*¨¯¨*•.….~~.•*¨¯¨*•.
            ...•*¨¯¨*•. ..•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....) ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*…..)
            .(..…*•-•´ .•*¨¯¨*•.`•.,¸_¸,.•´ ..•*¨¯¨*•. `•.,¸_¸,.•´
            ..`•.,¸_¸,.•´…..*•-•´ `•.,¸_¸,.•´.….*•-•´

©LadyGreenleaf+Nancys Mysterious Letter (1932)

Comment

Sonny Joon Mystery

I half wish that they would have Sonny Joon as a character/phone consultant, but it's fun to wonder who he is exactly. Same thing from VEN, with Samantha Quick. I keep wondering if she'll make another appearence. I bet if the Deadly Device has aliens, SJ will be related somehow, like being the dead scientist's ex-assistant or something similar.

Comment

I like the idea of it being some kind of alien invasion device. It'd be really cool 'cause Sonny Joon might be involved.
                Last edited by criceloni; May 16, 2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

i think it will be like a orb laser shooter
                  (im not shur if that made sense)
                  ..... . ∙ * ¨ ¯ ¨ * ∙-»
                  ...I've fought imaginary elves
                  ...*.that are stronger than you!
                  .¸.·`-Danger by Design
                  (......................¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
                  .` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · ` ......«-·'
                  …………………¸,.,¸
                  ..……WHERE THE `✧)
                  . ✦ ´ ¯ ` ✧ . , ¸ _ ¸ , . ✦ ´
                  Spirit OF THE Lord IS, THERE IS
                  ✦ . , ¸ _ ¸ , ✧ ´ ¯ ` ✦
                  ?freedom

Comment

I read on another site that Tessla was pretty close to inventing a death ray gun, although I'm pretty sure he didn't succeed (but then again, comic book writers had to get the idea of that kind of weapon from somewhere! ) I'm not going into details about the plot since I don't want to give anything away, but maybe the mystery will revolve around trying to find the raygun (or at least the blueprints) before it gets into the wrong hands or something.
                    That's pretty philosophical
                    for a guy
                    Wearing boots
                    Nancy Drew, GTH
                    Please check out my latest game review! <Not for the Light-Hearted: a GTH Review>

Comment

I'm a complete science nerd and Tesla fanatic, and think the game has something to do with his 'earthquake machine' or 'death ray'. My personal vote is that the device isn't a Tesla coil, simply because in my opinion, they are not nearly the type of dangerous that I would associate with a deadly device.

Here's some background information:

The accurately named earthquake machine (also know as an electro-mechanical oscillator) did just what it sounds like- made earthquakes! It sent out vibrations through the earth for many miles. According to witness accounts, when Tesla tested it in his NYC lab, it could be felt through the city of New York. The resonance of the device nearly destroyed Tesla's lab complex, and he had to be smash it to pieces with a sledgehammer in order to stop it. Otherwise, he feared it could've destroyed the city!

The death ray was a device that (theoretically speaking here) would send supercharged, highly condensed beams of electrically charged particles out. Tesla designed it for a wartime weapon. It could completely destroy enemy armies and aircraft in a matter of seconds. Whether or not Tesla actually completed said device is disputed, although he claimed to have built and tested it on one occasion while speaking to the press. HIGHLY dangerous.

As for a Tesla Coil- First, a tesla coil is a type of circuit that emits high-voltage, low-current electricity (but for the sake of making this easier to understand, let's just say they can make a lot of electricity.) While Tesla coils are dangerous, because the amount of electric shock delivered from a very large coil can stop the heart, (as could anything with high voltage!) but only when used improperly. It's important to consider that Tesla coils were not invented with the intention to cause harm, and are pretty much never made large enough to actually be deadly. When used properly, they are actually rather safe. In fact, nowadays, most Tesla coils are just used for demonstration, or in educational purposes (like displays in museums.)

Hoped this little bit of science helped explain things a little!
                      Last edited by orange86; August 17, 2012, 06:54 PM. Reason: added about the coil!

Comment

Orange86, that's some great info! I like the idea of it being a "death ray." That sounds really spooky! ~Jas
                        GHOST OF THORNTON HALL . . . . . . Dare to Play!

Comment

Working...
                        X