Which games does DED remind you of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which games does DED remind you of?

Which games does DED seem most like so far? For me I think its most like SCK1/2, ICE, and TRN
    To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
    Olivia Trey Penelope

Maybe ASH?
    And all I loved, I loved alone.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

To be honest, DED slightly reminds me of CLK. Maybe it's because of Josiah's knack for gadgets.
      .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
      ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
      ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
      ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

Originally posted by disneygirl12 View Post
        To be honest, DED slightly reminds me of CLK. Maybe it's because of Josiah's knack for gadgets.
        Yeah all those inventions lying around.

What an intriguing question to askNdfan1234 ! To me from the pictures it reminds me of CRE because of the lab and big factory building feeling. But DAN from that lounge area and all...
        Spread the word! On
        March 5
        We're going to set a new
        HER Record
        click here for more info

The HeR message boards taught me to be a girl who "isn't afraid"
        and to pursue my dreams! THESE very boards made me the
        creative girl I am today... thank you Herians! Though I don't have
        much time for ND these days, I sign in now and again to see
        what 'fun' is still being had here. -Penny

Comment

It reminds me of Creature of Kapu Cave and Secrets Can Kill!!!
          Read my reviews!(:
          Tomb of the Lost Queen
          Secret of Shadow Ranch
          Alibi in the Ashes
          Warnings At Waverly Academy
          Ransom of the Seven Ships
          Ghost of Thornton Hall

baby i'm not moving on, i'll love you long after you're gone
          (\_/)
          ( ._. ) Copy this cute little bunny if you want HI to NEVER stop
          (")_(") making Nancy Drew games<3

Comment

So far it reminds me of the Hilihili Research Facility from CRE, like Drew Detective said! There are always some gadgets around in all the games, but that is the only one I can think of with a focus on a lab-ish place. I hope the whole game is packed full with lab stuff...as it should be. :) I miss the old games where there were more back rooms and stuff to dig through to trigger a change in the game.

But the graphics look like ASH, of course. :)
            ._____......................._._
            |_..._|.....................(_).|
            ..|.|.._.__..___..__._._.__.._|.|_ _..._
            ..|.| |.'_.\/.__|/._`.|.'_.\|.|.__|.| |.|
            ._|.|_|.| |.\__.\.(_|.|.| |.|.|.|_|.|_|.|
            |_____|_| |_|___/\__,_|_| |_|_|\__|\__,.|
            ....................................__/.|
            ....Is just another way to live....
            |____/

Comment

I agree, for some reason it reminds me of Creature of Kapu Cave. I have NO clue why, but when I saw it that's what I first thought of ^.^
              "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸
              You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet,`·-·*©_`*·.,¸_¸,.·*´¨¯))
              there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
              ~Bilbo Baggins; from The Fellowship of the Ring.

Comment

When I first saw it, it reminded me of SCK1 and Remastered. Then the snow reminded me of ICE. I so hope we can go outside in this game.
                ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
                ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
                .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
                (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
                `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
                ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
                ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
                .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
                ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
                ............................................©ac

Comment

Originally posted by GoNancyDrew View Post
                  When I first saw it, it reminded me of SCK1 and Remastered. Then the snow reminded me of ICE. I so hope we can go outside in this game.
                  I was hoping so too!
                  To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                  Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Originally posted by GoNancyDrew View Post
                    :O I didn't even think of going outside...that's even more exciting. I love snow in Nancy Drew games. :)
                    ._____......................._._
                    |_..._|.....................(_).|
                    ..|.|.._.__..___..__._._.__.._|.|_ _..._
                    ..|.| |.'_.\/.__|/._`.|.'_.\|.|.__|.| |.|
                    ._|.|_|.| |.\__.\.(_|.|.| |.|.|.|_|.|_|.|
                    |_____|_| |_|___/\__,_|_| |_|_|\__|\__,.|
                    ....................................__/.|
                    ....Is just another way to live....
                    |____/

Comment

It also reminds me of the Hilihili Research Facility from CRE and SCK/Remastered. Game looks intersting, I'm excited!

Comment

I don't know why, but when I first saw it, I thought of TRN :p
                        ...............·*¨¯¨*·.
                        ..............`·-·......).....·’¨¯)
                        ......................·’...·’....·’
                        ./.............You've got that
                        ...............one thing.
                        ................(_.·’.....(........¤¨¯)
                        ........one direction...`·.¸ _ ¸.·’

Comment

Great question. DED reminds me of WAC as far as the sets go. Also SCK-Remastered. The outside shot of the lab reminds me of WAC. The inside (lounge type area) reminds me of SCK. Also there is a bit of HAU. And there appears to be a bunch of Krolmeister type stuff which is reminiscent of TRN and CLK. I really do think that HER recycles their sets. But fine with me because I love to be reminded of previous games. ~Jas
                          GHOST OF THORNTON HALL . . . . . . Dare to Play!

Comment

SCK because of the murder and everything, but mostly Scarlet Hand O.o
                            ........•*´¯`*• ." ιт'ѕ gσιηg тσ вє ℓєgєη∂αяу! "
                            .....((....♥-•*´..-:♥:-
                            " ησ 'ωαιт ƒσя ιт'? "
                            .¸.•*´¯`*•.,¸_¸,.•´
                            " ι'νє gσт уσυ, ι ∂ση'т нανє тσ ωαιт ƒσя ιт αηумσяє. "
                            ((..............................-:♥:-
                            ..`•.,¸¸,.•*´¯`*•.¸..............)) ~
                            вαяηєу & яσвιη;
                            ......................`♥.,¸_¸,.♥´
                            [нιмум; ѕєαѕση ηιηє]

Comment

From the very start it has reminded me of The Creature of Kapu Cave because of the lab environment, and of course SCK because of the murder, also it reminds me a little of Trail of The Twiister.

The latter in some ways is more of a personal opinion, because like TOT, I wasn't really excited about The Deadly Device until the characters and trailer were released. For me, the characters are going to be what will make or break this game, just like TOT...fortunately I liked the characters in that game. :) Although, just from what I've seen of DED's characters from the trailer, Ryan reminds of Debbie and Frosty, also Mason and the other guy reminds me of Scot.
                              Castle Quote
                              Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
                              Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
                              I love this line!

Comment

Working...
                              X