X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [· ND 28 ¤ Information Central ¤ (contains spoilers!) ·]

Ghost of Thornton Hall
    (¯'`·¤.¸_¸.¤·´| |'`·¤.¸_¸.·)
    information central ; contains spoilers!
    At the end of The Deadly Device, we saw a teaser trailer for the twenty-eighth game of the series. From this day until the offical release, this thread will have the latest up-to-date information on the upcoming game.
    Remember that is thread is only for facts about ND 28. We can speculate here, but the main page will only hold facts or clues with the exception of the rumors section, which will list plausible and popular rumors. No spoilers from other games. If you do not want to the game to be spoiled for you, avoid this thread.

{ ( } )

Name: Ghost of Thornton Hall
    The abbreviation is GTH.

Game Description: From Game Page: Jessalyn Thornton's fateful sleepover at the abandoned Thornton estate was supposed to be a pre-wedding celebration, but the fun ended when she disappeared. While her family searches for clues, others refuse to speak about the estate's dark past. Did something supernatural happen to Jessalyn, or is someone in Thornton Hall holding something besides family secrets?

Release Dates: HeR has confirmed the game will be released May 14th, 2013.
    Pre-orders begin April 9th.

Location: The game will take place at Thornton Hall, an abandoned home. It will take place in the Deep South, more specifically, Georgia.
    In the video interview with Tim, the Creative Director, he reveals all the locations in the teaser trailer (the gate, the driveway) will be in the game. He also mentioned there will be a porch, and there was footage of a path leading away from the gate into wooded areas.
    Thornton Hall is on Black Rock Island.

Features: This game will have the same interface as TMB and DED.
    This game has two new features fans have been asking for for years. You can now track your achievements throughout the game and fast foward conversations.
    Bonus Features for Bonus Edition:
    ● Phone Charms: Collect and display all 7 on your
    in-game phone!
    ● Mobile Mini Games: WAC's Matching, TOT's Land
    Rush, SAW's Renograms, ASH's Wire, CAP's Winch,
    DED's Aggregation!
    ● Extra Outtakes: including hilarious game-creation
    process clips!
    ● Charmed Metagame Award: ultimate award for finding
    all the phone charms!
    ● Secret Egg Puzzle: use an Easter Egg to find the
    hidden phone charm!
    ● Extra Audio Player Tracks: including exclusive audio of
    Jessalyn and her friend, Addison!

Characters:
    Jessalyn Thornton - Jessalyn and her best friend, Addison, visited Thornton Hall for a pre-wedding celebration and sleepover when Jessalyn suddenly went missing. Was she kidnapped or has something terrible happened to her in the haunted hall?
    Clara Thornton - Clara is the CEO of the family business and Thornton family matriarch. She grew up in this house which holds many memories. How much is she willing to share with you? Although clearly distraught over her daughter's disappearance, is Clara hiding valuable information about Jessalyn's disappearance?
    Wade Thornton - Having a shady past makes Wade an embarrassment to Clara but with a strong sense of duty he has returned to Thornton Hall to help track down Jessalyn. Wade reached out to Savannah for help since he believes in the supernatural. Could his knowledge and skills prove he has another motive for being here?
    Harper Thornton - Harper is known for being the crazy black sheep of the family and is kept a secret from outsiders for the sake of the untarnished family name. She believes that her older sister, Charlotte, was murdered long ago. Could her theory be true or is she simply a dangerous distraction to your investigation?
    Colton Birchfield - Colton is Jessalyn's fiance' and comes across as charming and suave, and seems genuinely concerned for her. Although the marriage appears to have Clara's blessing, there seems to be some behind-the-scenes tension with his own family. Can Colton be trusted? Or is he as adapt as Clara at creating a perfect faćade?
    Addison Hammond (phone friend) - Addison Hammond (phone friend) is Jessalyn's best friend who spent the night with her at Thornton Hall. Not nearly as brave as Jessalyn, Addison has been really shaken up over the fun-turned-traumatizing night and might not be comfortable discussing the strange happenings with just anybody.
    Savannah Woodham (phone friend) - Your ghost hunter and phone friend, Savannah Woodham, calls you in to investigate Jessalyn's disappearance at the haunted Thornton Hall. She needs your help and believes that a logical-thinking investigator would survive long enough to track down Clara's daughter.
    Bess Marvin & Ned Nickerson (phone friends) - Your friends Bess Marvin and Ned Nickerson return as your helpful phone friends and voice of reason for this odd and creepy case. Give them a call for a tip when you get stuck or don't know where to turn!
    Charlotte Thornton (ghost) - Charlotte died the night of her 21st birthday in a suspicious fire. Although it appeared to be an accident, her haunting may indicate that there is more to the story. Could her ghost be back for revenge? Did she kidnap Jessalyn? How real is Charlotte to the visitors who meet her?

Teaser Trailer: The description of the teaser trailer...
    Part 1: *Nancy walks up to a creaky gate* "Around here, they say it's a wicked place. Abandoned years ago by a family who could no longer take the endless nights when the restless spirits of the past haunted the grounds of Thornton Hall."
    Part 2: *Nancy goes through the gate and towards the house* "Jessalyn Thornton dared return only to vanish without a trace. It's up to me to save her from the Ghost of Thornton Hall!" *title screen appears*
    Part 3: *As Nancy walks she hears a noise, gasps, and turns to the left* "Hello? Anybody here?" *As Nancy faces forward, a mask-wearing pale woman floats up and Nancy screams*

Official Trailer: There is no information on this topic yet.

Screenshots: There is no information on this topic yet.

Quotes:
    Nancy: "Why don't you explain it to me then." "I heard you had some trouble in your past." "Yes." "Why?" "No--"

Other:
    Ghost of Blackwood Hall & The Mystery of Magnolia Mansion have similar plots to the game. It is possible these are what the game's based off of.
    The main menu is already made. It is of the front gate from the teaser trailer. The interface is the same as the previous two games.
    In a video interview with Creative Director, Tim, he stated that GTH will be "the scariest game yet."
    LJ has hinted at "Real ghost singing" and "blinking eyes" in her recent blog posts.

Rumors: (New Category!) Rumors posted on this thread may or may not added to this category.
    Savannah Woodham will return. Confirmed! (as a phone friend.)
    The game abbr. is GTH. Confirmed!
    The game will take place in the "deep south". Confirmed!
    This game will have something to do with a masquerade ball. Confirmed!
    "Spider" was the answer to a Weekend Puzzle about the game. That might mean a spider is in the game.
    The color red will be involved in the cover art. Confirmed!

{ ( } )
    -Andrew
    Last edited by It's locked.; March 28, 2013, 02:52 PM.

It is more than likely that the game will be a hybrid of the plots of the books GHOST OF BLACKWWOD HALL and THE MYSTERY OF MAGNOLIA MANSION. Just read the book descriptions.
    COMING SOON!
    River of DeceitUnder the Alaskan Sun
    The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

Ellie said she was a "good southern girl" So maybe a hint to the location?
      Fl҉wer
      Gleam and glow,
      Let your power shine,
      Make the clock reverse,
      Bring back what once was mine,

Heal what has been hurt,
      Change the fates design,
      Save what has been lost,
      What once, was mine.

Thanks Disneygirl12 for the fades.

Comment

And we may have a screenshot--do you remember the background on Ellie's background? Looks alo like the trailer...

And on an interesting note, everytime you do a Google search on the game title, Google suggests "Ghost of Thornton Abbey". Apparently there is a haunted place in England called Thornton Abbey.

And in late September, user Drew Detective posted this

I just found the page where Her Interactive posts their auditions for the next game and it said there that these were the parts they needed voice actors for:

Character Breakdown / Project Needs
        2 Male roles, 20s - 40s
        2 Female roles, 20s - 40s

I just thought that was interesting... it has to be true because I think that's where they posted their auditions for the other games too and they always turn out to be as it says.
        Last edited by Baron of Braganza; October 22, 2012, 01:57 PM.
        COMING SOON!
        The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

I noticed that on Ellie's computer too!
          Fl҉wer
          Gleam and glow,
          Let your power shine,
          Make the clock reverse,

Heal what has been hurt,
          Change the fates design,
          Save what has been lost,
          What once, was mine.

Thanks Disneygirl12 for the fades.

Comment

I added the books, the auditions, and a couple rumors. ;)

-Andrew

Comment

And we do have some quotes. Don't you remember when Little Jackolope said on the Amateur Sleuth Blog that she went in for voice auditions for ND28? She has a picture of "sides" script--most of it has been blurred out but the sentences that remain are Nancy's.

NANCY: Why don't you explain it to me then.
              NANCY: I heard you had some trouble in your past.
              NANCY: Yes.
              NANCY: Why?
              NANCY: No--
              Last edited by Baron of Braganza; October 29, 2012, 03:30 AM.
              COMING SOON!
              The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

Ooh, thank you! That has been added! :D

-Andrew

Comment

Remember Savannah?

In Shadow at the Water's Edge, Savannah, the paranormal researcher who wrote about the Ryokan told about her ghost encounter that made her quit ghost research forever.
                  Well all assumed that this plot would be incorporated into the Captive Curse, but it fits more into Nancy Drew #28.

From the moss hanging from the trees in the trailer, it is in the south United States, perhaps Georgia??

Just shots, but very plausible shots, in the dark!!!

Comment

In her 'Halloween Snooping Video' Little Jackalope of the Ametuer Sleuth blog said that in GTH there would be "creepy shadows cast by trees, that would possibly animate/morph into sinister shapes."

I'm not sure if you wanted to add that to your info page or not.
                    Spread the word! On
                    March 5
                    We're going to set a new
                    HER Record
                    click here for more info

The HeR message boards taught me to be a girl who "isn't afraid"
                    and to pursue my dreams! THESE very boards made me the
                    creative girl I am today... thank you Herians! Though I don't have
                    much time for ND these days, I sign in now and again to see
                    what 'fun' is still being had here. -Penny

Comment

I think there's some merit to the rumour that it's going to take place in the south. In Tomb of the Lost Queen, when Nancy asks Hotchkiss what she's up to know, Hotchkiss mentions that she's currently interested in the south. So Hotchkiss might be another phone-a-friend, possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by OMerry View Post
                        I think there's some merit to the rumour that it's going to take place in the south. In Tomb of the Lost Queen, when Nancy asks Hotchkiss what she's up to know, Hotchkiss mentions that she's currently interested in the south. So Hotchkiss might be another phone-a-friend, possibly?
                        That is a possibility but i doubt that Her would have the same phone friend so close in games i mean. but there is a chance of that and i hope i am wrong!
                        all of Jesus none of me.

Comment

Professor Hotchkiss

It will be interesting if she is a phone friend. Hopefully she'll help with some puzzles, random facts about the mansion, etc.
                          "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

Hotchkiss does know a lot about the oddest places--first Wickford Castle, the Bolet Mansion, the Lost Tomb--in other words, I wouldn't be surprised.
                            COMING SOON!
                            The Whispering Statue

Supported Petitions

My Game Suggestions

Comment

The answer to weekend puzzle #172 on the Amatuer Slueth Blog was
                              "Bumps in the Night"
                              This could be a reference to GTH... :)
                              Last edited by nancyNme; October 30, 2012, 11:26 AM.
                              These boards and the people on them brought me a lot of joy when I was younger. I will always be grateful for that. Thank you! My friends, I love and miss you all! ~HeidiJoy

COMPLETED AT LAST!!!!
                              I NEED YA
                              A TMB AE
                              THE FINAL CHAPTER posted 1/18/2021! Click here to check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X