Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[· ND 28 ¤ Information Central ¤ (contains spoilers!) ·]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LJ posted more if not all of the mysterious Charlotte poem, and it sheds a little more light on the background of the mystery. Here's how it goes:

    "She graced the floor
    With her festive diguise
    She carried a secret
    And captured some eyes

    Stepped away from the group
    She then met with a foe,
    The scare was fatal
    That set her face aglow

    Fire so red,
    Night so black,
    Dear, sweet Charlotte...
    Please come back!!"


    The last stanza is the part that we already knew. Now I'd like to speculate on this a little bit. I'm thinking that the woman in theis poem probably refers to the ghost of Thornton Hall (The actual ghost, not the game. ) and that the last paragraph indicates that her name was Charlotte. "She graced the floor with her festive disguise" makes me think that maybe the scene setting is a masquerade party. After all, that seems to be what HeR has been hinting at all along. "She carried a secret and captured some eyes." I have no idea what the secret might be, but I bet we'll get to find out in the game. Lol, did anyone else think of CRY and the glass eyeballs when they read that line? I realize we're probably not supposed to take it literally, but I couldn't help it! Seriously though, this probably only means that several people noticed her. I don't know if that was just because she was attractive, or if maybe the secret she carried drew attention to herself, and maybe the meaning there is more sinister. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this and need to get to the point.

    The entire second stanza seems to tell the story of her demise. "Stepped away from the group, she then met a foe." Sounds like this was the same night as the masquerade party. For whatever reason, she slipped away, and either someone followed her, or she ran into trouble. Possibly, she was even planning to meet with someone and the meeting turned ugly, or she was taken by surprise. The next line seems to favor the second option: "The scare was fatal that set her face aglow." The scare. You usually aren't frightened when you're expecting something, so this attack probably came as a surprise. Obviously, the word fatal indicates that she died because of this encounter, and the word aglow, combined with the hints HeR was been making at flames and fire, makes me think that her death was probably related to some kind of fire, although how exactly remains uncertain.

    Okay, I'm really rambling, so I'll try to finish up here. Oh would you look at that! "Fire so red." This backs up the fire theory. "Night so black." Since masquerades are usually held at night, and night just kind of adds to the effect of a haunting, I'm guessing that this fatal fire happened at night. "Dear, sweet Charlotte...please come back!!" I believe I've already mentioned that I think our ghost's name is Charlotte and that she is very likely the woman pictured in the cover art. I believe these lines indicate that, from the author's perspective, Charlotte was a kind person, and very special to them. Either that, or the poem is meant to be ironic. However, the fact that the author is pleading for Charlotte to return probably means that she was truly dear to them. Perhaps this was a family member, or even a lover. Either way, the tone of the poem seems to be one of grief, and I'm guessing it was written by someone very close to her. I am curious as to why there are two exclamation points rather than one... That may not mean anything though.

    So, anyway, I'm done speculating now. I hope that you weren't completely bored by my disection of this poem, and that maybe my ramblings triggered some thoughts of your own. You can check out the poem for yourself on the Ametuer Slueth blog. :)

    ~HeidiJoy
    These boards and the people on them brought me a lot of joy when I was younger. I will always be grateful for that. Thank you! My friends, I love and miss you all! ~HeidiJoy

    COMPLETED AT LAST!!!!
    I NEED YA
    A TMB AE
    THE FINAL CHAPTER posted 1/18/2021! Click here to check it out!

    Comment


    • Wow, really great nancyNme!

      Does anyone else think that this poem might actually be the
      epitaph
      referred to in an earlier Weekend Puzzle?

      Comment


      • Thanks beyondlimits34! Hmm, I suppose it could be that, although I sort of imagine it being in the form of either a letter, or maybe a wall tapestry, like the poem in MHM. It could also be a journal entry. Then again, your idea is very possible as well, although I think if it is an epitaph, it wouldn't be on an actual gravestone...it seems a little long. Perhaps it is engraved in the wall of a secret tunnel? Or maybe a cornerstone stone of some sort? I don't know. My brain hurts from thinking right now!

        By the way, the anwser to the weekend puzzle was
        TRAILER APRIL.
        EEEEEeeee!!! I can't wait!!!!
        These boards and the people on them brought me a lot of joy when I was younger. I will always be grateful for that. Thank you! My friends, I love and miss you all! ~HeidiJoy

        COMPLETED AT LAST!!!!
        I NEED YA
        A TMB AE
        THE FINAL CHAPTER posted 1/18/2021! Click here to check it out!

        Comment


        • Brilliant dissection of the poem from the AS Blog, nancyNme! Very insightful and well thought out. I agree with your surmises.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nancyNme View Post

            "She graced the floor
            With her festive diguise
            She carried a secret
            And captured some eyes

            Stepped away from the group
            She then met with a foe,
            The scare was fatal
            That set her face aglow

            Fire so red,
            Night so black,
            Dear, sweet Charlotte...
            Please come back!!"



            So, anyway, I'm done speculating now. I hope that you weren't completely bored by my disection of this poem, and that maybe my ramblings triggered some thoughts of your own. You can check out the poem for yourself on the Ametuer Slueth blog. :)

            ~HeidiJoy

            That was a really good interpretation. I'd like to give my 2 cents as well.

            Like you said, festive disguise could be for a masquerade ball that she was attending.
            The secret? Maybe the Thornton family had like a family secret (idk, maybe buried treasure?)
            Captured eyes, well... I'm not digging too far into this one and just go ahead and say that she was a beauty who a lot of people admired.

            Stepped away from the group, maybe she left the party to go do something?
            She then met with a foe, I'm thinking that she was smitten with someone who was after the family secret.
            The scare was fatal, I'm thinking that maybe the person demanded the secret and when she refused, he turned ugly and...
            That set her face aglow, either locked her up somewhere and burned her to her death or burned the hall down...hmm.... maybe the hall was rebuilt? Or maybe there is a part of the hall that's burned?

            All together, this person, assumably Charlotte, was the daughter of the Thornton family. The Thornton family had a secret that Charlotte was aware of. One night, they were having a ball and Charlotte's eye was caught by someone handsome and she slipped off to meet with him. He turned out to only want to use her and when she did not give him what he desired, he either locked her up somewhere and burned her to death or set the hall on fire in the night when the entire family was inside.

            University Student and a long time Nancy Drew player

            I've solved mysteries along-side Nancy Drew since 2000 :3

            "Those who know nothing, can understand nothing" -Xemnas

            Kingdom Hearts is my life

            Comment


            • After reading KairiAlexa's ideas I'd like to speculate as well!
              "She graced the floor
              With her festive diguise
              Definetly a masquerade then!

              She carried a secret
              And captured some eyes
              I wonder if she caught people's attention because she was acting strangely (because of the secret) of because of her beauty.

              Stepped away from the group
              She then met with a foe,
              If she was in fact beautiful and had many suiters, then it could easily have been one of those men that followed her out, or as has been suggested somebody who knew she was hiding something.

              The scare was fatal
              That set her face aglow
              Maybe a torch was involved! Or!!! When she wandered off she took a lantern, and when he snuck up on her she dropped it and it blazed burning her face and killing her... somehow.

              Fire so red,
              Night so black,
              Dear, sweet Charlotte...
              Please come back!!"
              How can she come back if it was "FATAL?" Must have just been what they were hopin' for huh?
              Ooh I really like the lantern idea! I mean it was set in the past so it's possible!
              Spread the word! On
              March 5
              We're going to set a new
              HER Record
              click here for more info


              The HeR message boards taught me to be a girl who "isn't afraid"
              and to pursue my dreams! THESE very boards made me the
              creative girl I am today... thank you Herians! Though I don't have
              much time for ND these days, I sign in now and again to see
              what 'fun' is still being had here. -Penny

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KairiAlexa View Post
                That was a really good interpretation. I'd like to give my 2 cents as well.

                Like you said, festive disguise could be for a masquerade ball that she was attending.
                The secret? Maybe the Thornton family had like a family secret (idk, maybe buried treasure?)
                Captured eyes, well... I'm not digging too far into this one and just go ahead and say that she was a beauty who a lot of people admired.

                Stepped away from the group, maybe she left the party to go do something?
                She then met with a foe, I'm thinking that she was smitten with someone who was after the family secret.
                The scare was fatal, I'm thinking that maybe the person demanded the secret and when she refused, he turned ugly and...
                That set her face aglow, either locked her up somewhere and burned her to her death or burned the hall down...hmm.... maybe the hall was rebuilt? Or maybe there is a part of the hall that's burned?

                All together, this person, assumably Charlotte, was the daughter of the Thornton family. The Thornton family had a secret that Charlotte was aware of. One night, they were having a ball and Charlotte's eye was caught by someone handsome and she slipped off to meet with him. He turned out to only want to use her and when she did not give him what he desired, he either locked her up somewhere and burned her to death or set the hall on fire in the night when the entire family was inside.

                Maybe this refers to the ruins that the artist talked about in his video. Maybe that part of the house was never rebuilt after there was a fire??? That was my first thought.
                My Game Reviews
                |SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|SSH|
                |DOG|CAR|DDI|SHA|CUR|CLK|
                |GTH|

                Comment


                • OMG!

                  I just saw the cover art! I so do not like scary games! Yes, SAW was brilliant, but I did have to close my eyes twice when I first played, because it was that scary - and this is about to be even more scary, as they claim! :(

                  Where are the games like SSH and DOG and even DAN and VEN? Sometimes spooky and eerie, but not scary! Oh dear. I guess I must hope there will be a nice light one like CLK or ASH or RAN after this... Eek!

                  tuskel,
                  sincerely


                  Oh, by the way, Stefabeth, I believe you will find the information here:
                  http://community.herinteractive.com/....php?t=1274840
                  |SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|SSH|DOG|CAR|DDI|SHA|CUR|CLK|TRN|DAN|
                  |CRE|ICE|CRY|VEN|HAU|RAN|WAC|TOT|SCK(R)|SAW|CAP|ASH|
                  |TMB|DED|GTH|SPY|MED|LIE|SEA| |LCC|RED|


                  |red a|orange b|yellowgreen c|green d|blue e|
                  rules

                  Currently Reading: "The Thirteenth Pearl"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by loveadobie View Post
                    Maybe this refers to the ruins that the artist talked about in his video. Maybe that part of the house was never rebuilt after there was a fire??? That was my first thought.
                    Oh wow, I never heard about that. Maybe I am pretty close after all
                    University Student and a long time Nancy Drew player

                    I've solved mysteries along-side Nancy Drew since 2000 :3

                    "Those who know nothing, can understand nothing" -Xemnas

                    Kingdom Hearts is my life

                    Comment


                    • Hey guys! Guess what? HeR posted the game page for GTH! *Eloise throws party*
                      cσииεcт тнε σтs
                      A LIE AE

                      Running away from things is never fun.

                      Final Chapter posted on June 21st

                      Comment


                      • I noticed that one of the screenshots lists the location as
                        Black Rock Island
                        anybody know where that is??

                        Comment


                        • Did anyone else notice that the author of the book pictured on the main game page is Savannah Woodham!!
                          •*¨¯¨*•¸THE GHOST OF THORNTON HALL¸•*¨¯¨*•
                          ´`´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´*•*•*•*`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸ ,.•´`´`
                          SOME FAMILIES KEEP
                          `•.,¸_¸,.•´DEADLY SECRETS`•.,¸_¸,.•´
                          MAY 14TH, 2013
                          `•.,¸_¸,.•´

                          Arizona Shadows: A SHA AE

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Darlin View Post
                            Did anyone else notice that the author of the book pictured on the main game page is Savannah Woodham!!
                            I've missed Savannah Woodham!
                            I'm ready to pack my bags and head off to a chilly Halloween autumn adventure! Do I dare join Nancy as she goes to snoop in the dead of night in Midnight In Salem?(Um, of course!)


                            Coming Soon.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by beyondlimits34 View Post
                              I noticed that one of the screenshots lists the location as
                              Black Rock Island
                              anybody know where that is??
                              I looked it up and there is a Black Rock harbor or something in Connecticut and another in Rhode Island
                              Last edited by Gummibear99; March 21, 2013, 04:18 PM.
                              [

                              Comment


                              • Ghost in Screenshot?

                                In the screenshot of the cemetery, it looks like there's a girl ghost hovering above the ground. At least if you really zoom in on the picture.
                                My Game Reviews
                                |SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|SSH|
                                |DOG|CAR|DDI|SHA|CUR|CLK|
                                |GTH|

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X