Fast forward conversations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast forward conversations?

Ok so any theories in fast forwarding the convos with suspects? I'm personally a little apprehensive about this as I think the conversations really make the Nancy Drew games, but I'm really looking forward to the game. Thoughts?
    ~Koko
    It's Locked

Thanks ComicalCrafty for the sig!

I think it's a nice option for replays of the game. I certainly won't be using that for the first playings of the game. But when it's run-through #20 and there's a long conversation I don't care to listen to, then I'd opt to jump that conversation. I think it will be very useful in those instances.
    ²..Rianna
    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

Comment

Originally posted by Rianna View Post
      I think it's a nice option for replays of the game. I certainly won't be using that for the first playings of the game. But when it's run-through #20 and there's a long conversation I don't care to listen to, then I'd opt to jump that conversation. I think it will be very useful in those instances.
      I agree with you. I kind of wish this option was available in the other games as well. The first couple of times playing the game, I wouldn't fast forward, but once I get reallly familiar with the game, I can skip the long conversations that I don't want to sit though again.
      ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
      ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
      .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
      (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
      `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
      ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
      ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
      .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
      ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
      ............................................©ac

Comment

I'm glad they added the feature as it is something fans have wanted for a long time. I personally will probably never use it, but it was a nice reminder that HER still reads the forums and are taking our ideas into consideration!
        Leaves that appear on a fresh spring tree,
        make my birth different from the other three.
        when swans drift by on shimmering blue,
        I'm the one who plays in the summer dew.
        When autumns call brings out the deer,
        I'm the one who howls on mornings clear.
        And when winter comes and birds take flight,
        look to me to sleep through the long gray night.

Eagerly waiting for ND #31

Comment

I'm very happy and excited for this new feature. It'll be great when trying to go back through the game and find easter eggs, or get all the awards!! I'm kind of bummed that they're just introducing this now!

Comment

In addition to replays, another instance that this 'new feature' would be useful is when your game crashes, or glitches up and you have to start over from the beginning. I know that always made me insane having to hear all those conversations again when I'd already gone through the frustration of starting over the whole game!

It's a nice feature, and it's optional so it pleases everybody really.

THANK YOU HER INTERACTIVE!
            Spread the word! On
            March 5
            We're going to set a new
            HER Record
            click here for more info

The HeR message boards taught me to be a girl who "isn't afraid"
            and to pursue my dreams! THESE very boards made me the
            creative girl I am today... thank you Herians! Though I don't have
            much time for ND these days, I sign in now and again to see
            what 'fun' is still being had here. -Penny

Comment

Like some people have already said, I would use it the second time around. I know that some people just don't pay attention to the conversations so this is great for them as well.
              University Student and a long time Nancy Drew player

I've solved mysteries along-side Nancy Drew since 2000 :3

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing" -Xemnas

Kingdom Hearts is my life

Comment

Im super excited for this! It will be so nice when Im replaying the game or as Drew Detective said for when your game crashes or something and you are already aggravated without listening to conversations again. I wont use it for the first play and probably not the second either but after that I will use it for long conversations.
                Do NOT click on this link if your wanting to see an ordinary petition!

DONT CLICK HERE--->

Comment

Yeah I would do it the second time around (maybe it would be eaiser for speedrunning the game)
                  ~ MD12 ~

Comment

I would definitely use it for multiple game use. I would also use it if I didn't have alot of time to play. Also, I'm a speed reader, so if I feel they conversation is too long and I've already read the conversation two times, it will definitely come in handy! lol
                    "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

Can't wait 4 the next game!!

I have played and beat 33 games(I count the SCK remake)!

John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world,that he gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life."

Psalms 46:1 says,"God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble."

Isaiah 40:31 says,"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;they shall mount up with wings as eagles;they shall run,and not be weary;and they shall walk,and not faint."

I am a Christian and proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Detective View Post
                      In addition to replays, another instance that this 'new feature' would be useful is when your game crashes, or glitches up and you have to start over from the beginning. I know that always made me insane having to hear all those conversations again when I'd already gone through the frustration of starting over the whole game!

It's a nice feature, and it's optional so it pleases everybody really.

THANK YOU HER INTERACTIVE!
                      My thoughts exactly! My games crash every once in awhile, and its awful to sit and listen all over again. I think this is an awesome feature!
                      Missing the old Herinteractive boards & all the amazing friends that used to be on here <3

Comment

One thing the confuses me though, in some conversations, you might get a new task, or someone might give you something. So what happens when you skip past a conversation when that happens? I'm sorry if I'm not making any sence.
                        Last edited by Team Bess; March 22, 2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Bess View Post
                          One thing the confuses me though, in some conversations, you might get a new task, or someone might give you something. So what happens when you skip past a conversation when that happens? I'm sorry if I'm not making any sence.
                          That's a good question, actually. Hopefully it'll just skip over the parts where it's just Nancy and the suspects talking back and forth - I would hope it slows down when it comes to selecting important dialogue, or when receiving an item.

Could you imagine the Hints & Tips board if it didn't, though?
                          "(Suspect) didn't give me (item)!"
                          "Did you skip the conversation?"
                          "Yea."
                          "Check your inventory."

-- Ehzi
                          Last edited by Ehzair Mkee; March 22, 2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Interesting theory, Ezhi. I'm thinking that maybe important conversation bits won't be skippable, or at least, maybe HeR will develop that if they haven't already, so that these pieces of information won't be ignored.

Gosh, they should have had this feature ages ago for at least the boring pieces of conversation!
                            Last edited by ComicalCrafty; March 23, 2013, 05:07 PM. Reason: I spelled Ezhi's name wrong-- Jean Mi would be disappointed. Sorry!

Comment

Yeah I bet like in RED some things won't be able to be skipped. I wish this feature wasn't coming though, because, even though I sometimes hate listening to long conversations, I always do and it has more replay value. Now, I'm apprehensive that I'll accidentally bump the button and skip the conversation. I hope there's a way to turn that off because personally I really don't like this new feature.
                              To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                              Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Working...
                              X