"Solve two mysteries"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Solve two mysteries"

"Solve Two Mysteries! Expose the fate of Jessalyn Thornton and unveil the truth about a family ghost."

I don't know about you guys, but this makes me nervous. I know I've been talking about sub plots all over these boards for a while now, and I should be happy, but...

Why should they have to list this as a feature...? Shouldn't this be a feature of any well developed mystery game? Shouldn't they be multi-tiered in the first place...?

It's not necessarily solving two mysteries either.. I guess the wording bothers me because once again, shouldn't all these things just naturally go together because of the location Nancy is and the people she's interacting with?

Also, the last time I got excited about something I'd been asking for that they listed as a feature didn't exactly come to fruition (the TMB "feature" of choosing what you say to evoke different reactions from characters)

Sorry if i come off as if I'm just complaining to complain, but honestly that "feature" just struck me as very strange. What already should be in every game is a "feature" now? What do you guys think?
    It's never too late to be who you might have been...[ George Eliot ]

reviews:TMBxASHxCAPxSAWxRANxHAUxVEN

I agreed with you at first, but upon further thought, I guess it's logical to have "two mysteries" as a key feature afterall.

I agree with you that the "two mysteries" will probably not be much--if at all--different from what we normally experience in the ND games. So I think having it listed as a feature sounds strange to us veteran players because we are used to the "Key Features" list being more like a "Special Features" list. When I thought about it, though, having a subplot or second mystery really is a key feature of the game, so I think having that listed on the box might seem normal/helpful to someone who is completely new to Nancy Drew and doesn't know what to expect.

Anyway, just my opinion. I wouldn't be nervous, but we'll all just have to wait and see how GTH turns out! I'm so excited!!

........¤´¯`¤..............¤´¯`♥.....♥´¯`¤..............¤´¯`¤........
    ..«.*............*.»...«.*....................*.»...«.*...........*.»..

Comment

Working...
    X