No announcement yet.

Game #29: Happy or Unhappy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe that was the point, so they'll see what we want from the game and then start to write the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanilla Muffin View Post
      Maybe that was the point, so they'll see what we want from the game and then start to write the story.
      I'm pretty sure they have the story already written.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanilla Muffin View Post
        Maybe that was the point, so they'll see what we want from the game and then start to write the story.
        I don't think that's how they write their stories. I think they already have it written. Maybe it's not set in stone, but I'm sure the major stuff is already written.

Comment

• I think for now, I will keep an open mind. The thing about these games is that I am always surprised by how I react to them - aspects of the games that I am really looking forward to sometimes (not always) end up being things that I don't care for as much in gameplay, just as aspects/puzzles/plots that I think I'm really going to hate I often really end up liking.

I don't really like the whole "techno spy" aspect that the game seems to be taking...I've never really liked shows/movies/games where the characters are spies jet-setting around with fancy technology and espionage and all that jazz. Just not my cup of tea.

Plus, I think the storyline could be really good and intense, but HeR may "water it down" a bit like they did in GTH. So that's concerning.

That said, I did like VEN, but it was a little different. I do think that if Samantha Quick, Sonny Joon, or someone we've seen before were involved that would be ***really*** cool, but HeR is going to need to take a risk with it and, again, not water down the plot at all. It doesn't have to be an inappropriate plot by any means, but it also needs to be complete and not have missing pieces.

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
          And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
          ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
          ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
          ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
          ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicalCrafty View Post
            I'm personally liking this plot twist. All these years of not knowing anything about Nancy's mother is finally going to change!

I do share the excitment on thinking that we might get to finally know what the backstory is behind Nancy's life. But, I think if Her Interactive would add infomation that wasn't told in the books would ruin the series for many fans, inculding myself. Plus,
            Nancy's mother's name wasn't ''Kate Drew''. The only two things that are certain is that her mother died when she was three. And her last name was Austin.
            I just hope the game won't be surrounded by the plot towards Mrs. Drew.

Comment

• I don't think that HeR would go against the books that much and just magically make Nancy's mom alive or anything like that. I think we're just going to find out how she really died, because in the trailer, the voice on the phone said that everything she, being Nancy, knew about the accident was a lie. So maybe Nancy's just going to go to Glasgow and meet with this "silent spy" person and follow clues to figure out what happened to her mother.
              ......,+´¨¯¨`׸+´¨¯¨`׸
              ......`·-·*......`·¸...*·-·´
              .....ıτ ıs our cнoıcεs τнατ
              ............ωнατ ωε τruℓy αrε,
              ....fαr morε τнαn our αℓıτıεs.
              ..........................`·¸................+´¯)
              .............................`×.,¸¸_¸,.×´....·´
              ..............................................'·-·»
              αℓbus dumbεdo

Comment

• [COLOR="gray"]
                Originally posted by nancylovestogo View Post
                After seeing the teaser, I realized that a bit of foreshadowing was dropped into GTH when Nancy mentioned that she had lost her mom when she was little. Honestly, that was something I had kind of forgotten until she mentioned it.
                Good observation! I didn't even think of that as being a foreshadowing because Nancy also mentions it in CLK to Emily.

Originally posted by Girly Sleuth View Post
                Plus, Nancy's mother's name wasn't ''Kate Drew''.
                I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm reading The Crooked Banister right now, and I quote from the bottom of page two: "... since the death of Mrs. Drew when Nancy ws only three years old."
                If you are talking about the first name, then yes, I think HeR made up 'Kate' -- but the reference to 'Austin' was in a book as her maiden name. After she married, she became a Drew.
                Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

Comment

• Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post
                  [COLOR="gray"]
                  Good observation! I didn't even think of that as being a foreshadowing because Nancy also mentions it in CLK to Emily.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm reading The Crooked Banister right now, and I quote from the bottom of page two: "... since the death of Mrs. Drew when Nancy ws only three years old."
                  If you are talking about the first name, then yes, I think HeR made up 'Kate' -- but the reference to 'Austin' was in a book as her maiden name. After she married, she became a Drew.
                  And in TMB Bess brings up Nancy's mom's death and says something about it being unusual, or weird or something like that, I forget. :)

Comment

• I just hope they don't go overboard. The trailer made it sound like Nancy's Mom was a secret agent. That just seems very... "out there."

I'm interested to see how HER handles it, but I hope they handle it very carefully.
                    ….…[]
                    .-==-.
                    | || ..-÷-.
                    All of time and space; everywhere and
                    |□ |□| ( *∙-∙´¸.-÷-.¸
                    anywhere; every star that ever was.
                    |□ |□|`∙--∙´…_…`∙.¸∙*¨¯¨*∙.
                    '--┴-'
                    … ..∙*¨¯¨*∙¸,.∙´_…*∙-∙´ Where do you want to start?
                    ..∙´……………(….…( `∙¸…………¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
                    (_¸.∙´¨¯¨`∙¸
                    …_…`∙¸_…`∙-∙’·.,¸_¸,.·*´……*·-·´
                    ………©_*∙.,¸_¸,.∙*

Comment

• Originally posted by HintMaster11 View Post
                      I just hope they don't go overboard. The trailer made it sound like Nancy's Mom was a secret agent. That just seems very... "out there."

I'm interested to see how HER handles it, but I hope they handle it very carefully.
                      Samantha Quick could just be a friend of Nancy's mom's and is trying to tell Nancy how the accident really happen, or someone is just using her voice to lure Nancy somewhere, I mean that seems more likely than HER bringing back because it would hurt Nancy.
                      .+*'*+.+*'*+.+*'*+.+*'*+.+*'*+.+*'*+.
                      .+*'*+.+*'*+.+*'*+.+*'*+.

Patrick: So hows your first relationship going?
                      Charlie: It's going so bad I keep fantasizing
                      one of us is dying of cancer so I don't
                      have to break up with her!
                      -Charlie and Patrick-The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

*+,.,+*+,.,+*+,.,+*+,.,+*
                      *+,.,+*+,.,+*+,.,+*+,.,+*+,.,+*+,.,+*

Comment

• Originally posted by fourseasons14 View Post
                        Samantha Quick could just be a friend of Nancy's mom's and is trying to tell Nancy how the accident really happen, or someone is just using her voice to lure Nancy somewhere, I mean that seems more likely than HER bringing back because it would hurt Nancy.
                        But SQ is a teenager, I don't know if she would be friends with Nancy's mom.(I don't know why I think that, I just do)

Comment

• I guess I'm still trying to decide. I think it sounds like a very interesting plot and I'm interested to know more!
                          The thing that keeps me a little undecided about whether or not I'm happy is the subject of Nancy's mom. In the books, Nancy's mom died when she was what, four? And I grew up reading Nancy Drew, watching Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys from the 70s, and playing the PC games. I'll be pretty disappointed if her mom is still alive (Not that I'm cold-hearted, I just want HeR to stick to the books). These PC games kinda bring back my childhood and my personal opinion is that I hope they stay true to the books.
                          ╭╮… … … … …╭•─•╮
                          ╭┼╯ "Do y o u hear the people s i n g ? Lost in the v a l l e y of the night,
                          ╰╯ It is a music of a people who are climbing to the light."
                          … … … … …╰──╯… … … … … … … … … ╰─╯……-Les Misérables

Comment

• Originally posted by Haley View Post
                            But SQ is a teenager, I don't know if she would be friends with Nancy's mom.(I don't know why I think that, I just do)
                            I had that impression also. I thought she was near Nancy's age because (VEN spoiler)
                            Nancy was able to impersonate her. I figured if Samantha is much older than Nancy, then Nancy wouldn't have passed as she.

Originally posted by Vanilla Muffin View Post
                            And in TMB Bess brings up Nancy's mom's death and says something about it being unusual, or weird or something like that, I forget. :)
                            Oh yeah -- Bess said something about the reason Nancy started solving mysteries had to do with her mother. Because of that, I thought maybe her mother was a detective like Nancy.
                            Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

Comment

• Originally posted by Rianna View Post
                              ~Snuggle Girl~ - My sentiments exactly.

For those wondering why we may be so strongly opposed to this idea of bringing in a story about Nancy's mom, for me the thing is this: She's been a mystery Nancy's whole life and I don't want to see ANY interpretations of who she is or was. Some things are better left alone. Let the mystery remain. Let Nancy's life have been influenced and shaped by the living loved ones. They did a fantastic job making her the wonderful person she is. Why potentially throw that credit away and throw someone we don't know into the picture? I don't care for that idea.

This, as we all know, is still speculation, though. We really DON'T know what's going to happen. But HeR sure gave us something to interpret!

I still hope that it's all a trick to get Nancy to solve a case. Honestly, when I saw the trailer I thought the woman speaking was Samantha Quick. In my opinion, she can be the real person involved. She and an accomplice needed Nancy's involvement for one reason or another, and the only way to draw her in was with this awful ruse. *Fingers crossed it goes something like that.*
                              This is an interesting observation. I never thought of it that way before. At first I legit thought that the woman speaking was in fact KD, but with all the speculation going on, I don't know what to think. I guess we just have to wait and see what HeR throws our way!

Comment

• As another user said on this thread or another thread, I think we should wait to see what's revealed over the next few months before passing judgement.
                                "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

Working...
                                X