No announcement yet.

Game #29: Happy or Unhappy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal opinion? That Frau Drew was murdered and the Silent Spy is her former protege. I don't like the idea of Samantha Quick because I think she's a different storyline. But I do think it will be okay, and we just need to take the risk.

Comment

• I have done a lot of thinking about the possibility of Nancy's mother being alive and being and under cover spy. And the more I consider it, the more it begins to make sense to me. I have read a large majority of the books, and if memory serves, Mr. Drew really doesn't speak much about Nancy mother to her or anyone else. This could, in theory, be because he knows Mrs. Drew is alive and under cover somewhere (although he may not know the specific details) and has to keep it a secret.
      I have also thought about how it will be to be let into Nancy's personal life with a subject like her allegedly dead mother. We know a little about Nancy, but really not much about her feelings towards her mother. I think this game will have some very interesting twists throughout it. I feel as though it won't be as straight forward as just going to Glasgow and finding Nancy's mother there.
      if i was just another dusty record on the shelf,
      ....................would you blow me off and play me like everybody else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beach_Blondie_ View Post
        I have done a lot of thinking about the possibility of Nancy's mother being alive and being and under cover spy. And the more I consider it, the more it begins to make sense to me. I have read a large majority of the books, and if memory serves, Mr. Drew really doesn't speak much about Nancy mother to her or anyone else. This could, in theory, be because he knows Mrs. Drew is alive and under cover somewhere (although he may not know the specific details) and has to keep it a secret.
        I have also thought about how it will be to be let into Nancy's personal life with a subject like her allegedly dead mother. We know a little about Nancy, but really not much about her feelings towards her mother. I think this game will have some very interesting twists throughout it. I feel as though it won't be as straight forward as just going to Glasgow and finding Nancy's mother there.
        That's actually a really interesting thought and could be a very logical reasons for why Carson doesn't talk much about Nancy's mom
        ......,+´¨¯¨`׸+´¨¯¨`׸
        ......`·-·*......`·¸...*·-·´
        .....ıτ ıs our cнoıcεs τнατ
        ............ωнατ ωε τruℓy αrε,
        ....fαr morε τнαn our αℓıτıεs.
        ..........................`·¸................+´¯)
        .............................`×.,¸¸_¸,.×´....·´
        ..............................................'·-·»
        αℓbus dumbεdo

Comment

• The SPY plotline has definitely set very high expectations. This would really be a challenge because the major involvement of Nancy's mom should make the game more emotionally charged. Perhaps the script would introduce a more emotional Nancy, even more emotional than she was in FIN. I hope I would see more of her angry, crying side. I just hope Lani Minella would be able to interpret the expected script beautifully as she occasionally does in the unique intense tone implied in this game.
          As the great Robert Frost once said,

"In three words, I can sum up everything I learned about life..."
          .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

......................SONNY WUZ HERE!......................

Comment

• I hope there will be some light in this seemingly dark and depressing game. Perhaps Nancy will have a dream of her mother, and we could see how they cared for each other in their short time together. I want some tenderness. Something like her mother's diary could have Kate mention her dear little daughter, and perhaps show her regrets in having to go on that fatal case with Nancy alone.

;+ *; ,.;*+ ;
            ., * ' ' . ,` "* ;.'+' ;

Greater love has no one than this,
            that a man lay down his life for his friends.

.,;*+.* John 15:13 *.*;,.
            The silent spy awaits -
            ♦ + Dottore'sBANE ... has no remedy. + ♦
            ^Please click^ my VEN ae :)

Comment

• I am so happy about the little of what we've heard about The Silent Spy, it's not even funny. I love how HER is making the games somewhat more mature and darker since DED. I am so intrigued with what little we know about the game so far. And I really hope SQ is part of it.
              Last edited by DetectiveK8ie; June 2, 2013, 03:47 PM. Reason: typo
              i finished what i started -- ven ae

Comment

• I'm excited for this game! For this case to be personally involved in Nancy's life makes it more interesting than any other, I think!! However, I do not think that ND's mom is alive-I just don't think there's any way that HER can just change Nancy's story all of a sudden by bringing her mom "back to life." It will definitely interesting to see it play out and how it works though. Hopefully they'll do it right and carefully-so that it's not unbelievable or insensitive. It almost seems like it will turn out that way anyway, but I have confidence in HER to pull off this kind of plot. Really excited!!
                From Secrets can Kill to Ghost of Thorton Hall-Nancy's solved them all!

Snoop, Solve, Live
                ~~Nancy Drew~~

Comment

• When I saw the teaser for ND29, I just screamed and ran around. (literally!)

This is one game that will surely be close to Nancy's heart, as it involves her mother, the person whom she lost so long ago when she was just a child. Now, along with her, we're also going to find out what exactly happened to her, which has remained a mystery for the whole of Nancy's life. It might also have a greater impact on Nancy than in any other case. I also just love mystery cases that have to do with family relations (e.g. SAW).

But one main concern for me is that since this deals with the life and death of Kate Drew, it must also be very emotional for Nancy. I mean, for so long, it has been told that she died in an accident. I don't want to lose the ever-cheery Nancy, which might be the case in this game. It's heart-wrenching to see Nancy going into how her mother died and it's never easy to rewinding a loved one's death especially after losing them at such short notice. And in Nancy's case, she never really got to know her mother. It would be very sad for Nancy if someone impersonated her mother just for their own personal gain.

Also usually in all of the previous cases no matter how serious the case is, there is always some light-hearted humour (mostly provided by Bess, George, Ned and the Hardy Boys) that always eases the tension and make Nancy laugh. But for this game, I wonder if it will be limited. I do hope not! I just love calling them to relax my mind and have a few laughs!

Well, anyway, the teaser's only just been released and most of the teaser trailers aren't necessarily related to the actual game itself. So, yes, these are just some of my thoughts and I can't wait till we know more about the game!! I apologise if there's anything wrong with what I wrote.
                  Last edited by WickfordVisitor; June 3, 2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Ok so I just want to add my thoughts about the next game…

Honestly, I think this game has a lot of potential. I really enjoyed VEN and the “spy” aspect in that. Like a lot of you though, I do have my concerns. I think HeR has to be really careful about the subject of Nancy’s mom. For decades now Mrs. Drew has been just dead and there has been no real questions about it mentioned (that I know of). Suddenly making Nancy’s mom alive I think is a bad idea. It completely messes with the idea generations of women (and of course some men) have about Nancy’s life. Creating a mystery around her death is an interesting idea, if it is done carefully. It seems silly to me that Nancy’s mom would be some international spy killed on a case. Beyond that, why in the world would Carson Drew ever allow his daughter to travel around the world solving cases as a young detective if her mother died doing something fairly similar, even if he wasn’t positive how she died? He already lost his wife; I don’t believe he would be willing to risk loosing his daughter in a similar way.

What I think could happen, is instead of Mrs. Drew being a spy, as some of you have mentioned, she is instead working with some group like Nancy did in VEN. I think it would be more likely that she was actually a scientist, researcher, even a detective, or held some job along those lines and was brought in on some case to help. She then got caught up in some sinister plot and her involvement was ultimately her down fall.
                    Perhaps as others have stated, Mrs. Drew won’t really be involved at all. Nancy didn’t seem to recognize the voice and only said “Mom?” after the voice said Kate Drew. She recognized the name and the power of suggestion could have led her to believe that it was her mom’s voice. This could all just be a trick to bring Nancy to Glasgow to solve an unusual case. (I don’t think the “secret spy” would just call Nancy normally and be like, Hey can you come to Scotland and help me with a case? Thanks! That’s not very spy-ish.)

Since this is JUST a teaser trailer and we have very LITTLE information to go off of, I don’t think we can do much but speculate and wait to see what happens. HeR definitely has all of us on the edge of our seats waiting to see what is next, probably exactly what they were hoping for. I definitely can’t wait to play the next game, and if I end up not liking it, then I won’t replay it. I have confidence that HeR will be able to handle this plot pretty well though! I enjoy reading everyone’s thoughts and ideas though. This is definitely a great discussion!

Comment

• When I saw the trailer I pretty much held my breath, and then kept repeating OMG OMG OMG (literally the letters o-m-g instead of the words it stands for xD). I LOVE the location, and I love how mysterious the whole thing sounded. Then I got really worried, thinking: man, I don't know if I'd like learning all of this stuff about Nancy's mother...

And then I realized something. HeR would never, ever risk the integrity of the Nancy Drew games. The games are based loosely off of books, and I really highly doubt they would start inventing things about Nancy's mother that weren't already presented in the books--at least nothing major like being a secret spy!

I think the whole mother thing will be used as a plot to get Nancy there in the first place. And that, along the way, she may learn small little things about her mother. Simple stuff like favorite colors, what she wore, etc.

My main point in all of this rambling is that HeR would never attempt to take something as controversial as Nancy's mother's life and exploit it. They would never take that into their hands and make it into whatever they wanted to be. They're loyal to their fans. I think the trailer was meant to get use super interested in it--same for Nancy. I mean, do you really think Nancy could possibly turn them down if they said it had to do with her mother? I think it'll be used just as a way to get Nancy to agree to take on a case.

HER has never steered me wrong before, so I trust that they will handle this game well, too :3
                      "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸
                      You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet,`·-·*©_`*·.,¸_¸,.·*´¨¯))
                      there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
                      ~Bilbo Baggins; from The Fellowship of the Ring.

Comment

• I'm pretty excited for this next game! I can see why some people are worried about it, though. It is going deeper into Nancy's past than was revealed in the books. I'm a little worried too, but I'd love to see what HeR can come up with.

The teaser trailer was also the first time I ever heard of Nancy's mom's name - Kate Drew. Was her name revealed in any of the books?
                        .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
                        ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
                        ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
                        ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

• Originally posted by disneygirl12 View Post
                          I'm pretty excited for this next game! I can see why some people are worried about it, though. It is going deeper into Nancy's past than was revealed in the books. I'm a little worried too, but I'd love to see what HeR can come up with.

The teaser trailer was also the first time I ever heard of Nancy's mom's name - Kate Drew. Was her name revealed in any of the books?
                          I read somewhere (I think maybe it was a HeR blog post?) that the HeR team spent lots of time in meetings coming up with her name. So no, I don't think it was ever mentioned in the books.

Comment

• I have been extremely against a game about Nancy's mother for a long time. I have read all the Nancy Drew books including most of ths spin off series. The only thing readers know about her mom is she died when nancy was young. Not knowing about her mother is a huge element in the books and it is a huge part of who Nancy Drew is. I think if HER invented a bunch of fake details, it would destory the years of build up and writing all the authors did when creating Nancy Drew. It upset me they already created a fake name for her mother that was not in the books. I admit, the preview gave me chills. I would love to find out about her mother as much as anyone else, but that is just not a detail any of the Carolyn keenes wanted readers to know. I am just going to have to trust HER did not go against all that writing and tradition and create a whole story about her mom. If they did, then they don't need to put the Nancy Drew name on the game.
                            "This is the kind of love that's spelled capital L, capital O, heart instead of a V, capital E."-Professor Hotchkiss

Comment

• Nancy's Mom

I was so excited when I heard the recording of the moms voice, and can't wait to see what they're going to do with it, will they have the mom be alive after all these years, or just have a different story about how she died. However I wonder why they brought back her character when she was hardly ever mentioned in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlotteDrew24 View Post
                                My personal opinion? That Frau Drew was murdered and the Silent Spy is her former protege. I don't like the idea of Samantha Quick because I think she's a different storyline. But I do think it will be okay, and we just need to take the risk.
                                I honestly don't think that Samantha quick should be brought much further into the plot. I like the little mentions and references to her in the games that make you smile when you come upon them, but I hope a whole game wouldn't be based on her. It only started with a couple words from Simone Mueller after all, so it shouldn't really affect much of Nancy's life in my humble opinion.
                                Coucou rocks, coucou rolls, coucou rules. Oh, yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X