Not sure about 29...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure about 29...

Usually I am pleased with the games, so I should just trust HER, but I don't think I like the idea of involving Nancy's mom like this. I like that the basic back story of the games stays true to the books. Nancy's Dad is Carson, a lawyer. Her mom has passed. She is close with Hannah. Her boyfriend is Ned, her best friends are Bess and George who are cousins-- all true to the books. I don't want them changing anything about her mother's death!

I feel like they keep trying to outdo the game before. But the games are good, so lets just keep them the way they are. It doesn't need to be SUPER scary or have some crazy plot twist (like questions about Nancy's mom's death) I'm okay with all the old ones that don't really interconnect and are just a simple story line. Those are some of my favorite games. '

I am of course still excited for another Nancy Drew mystery though. Anyone know when it's supposed to be released? I feel like Thornton Hall came out a little earlier than games in the past have, so maybe this one will too? It'd be cool if they could squeeze 3 games into a year!
    No highheels, spurs, or peglegs.
    -Thank You.
    (Sign outside the carousel. CAR)

So far the games have added to Nancy's story, but they haven't completely changed anything that I am aware of. So I have to think that they will not have Nancy's mom be alive. I was thinking that perhaps a past criminal is trying to lure Nancy into some kind of trap in order to get revenge for her part in sending him/her to jail. It would be interesting if it turned out to be the same criminal who has already popped up in 2 games!! (Who will not be named here because spoilers are not appropriate!)

I actually have several thoughts as to who would be diabolical enough to return in a revenge plot.
    ..............•*¨¯¨*•.
    .•*¨¯¨*•. (.....*•-•´
    `•-•*.....) `•.¸
    ……¸.•´…..•*¨¯¨*•. callas
    ..•*¨¯¨*•.. (.....*•-•´.•*¨¯¨*•. ...•*¨¯¨*•.... .•*¨¯¨*•.
    (.….*•-•´ ¸.•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....)..`•-•*.....) .(.....*•-•´
    .`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•..•*¨¯¨*•.¸..`•.¸
    ...................`•.,¸,.•´......*•-•´ `•-•*......`•-•*

©LadyGreenleaf

Comment

I like that way of looking at it! She probably is being lured in. I feel a little better about this now. And I know which criminal you're talking about That'd be cool if they brought him/her back! I also have a couple other ideas of who could be trying to lure her in....

I want this game now! haha
      No highheels, spurs, or peglegs.
      -Thank You.
      (Sign outside the carousel. CAR)

Comment

I don't know, I'm really not too worried about this game or how it may or may not change the books. After all, the books and the games are two different things, and really aren't connected in any way. I've never actually read any of the books, either, so that's probably why I really don't care. But you being someone who has actually read the original books, I can see why you may be iffy about the new game. But still I don't think HeR will do anything completely drastic even though they do have to power to do so.
        ......,+´¨¯¨`׸+´¨¯¨`׸
        ......`·-·*......`·¸...*·-·´
        .....ıτ ıs our cнoıcεs τнατ
        ............ωнατ ωε τruℓy αrε,
        ....fαr morε τнαn our αℓıτıεs.
        ..........................`·¸................+´¯)
        .............................`×.,¸¸_¸,.×´....·´
        ..............................................'·-·»
        αℓbus dumbεdo

Comment

Originally posted by DrewFan22 View Post
          I don't know, I'm really not too worried about this game or how it may or may not change the books. After all, the books and the games are two different things, and really aren't connected in any way. I've never actually read any of the books, either, so that's probably why I really don't care. But you being someone who has actually read the original books, I can see why you may be iffy about the new game. But still I don't think HeR will do anything completely drastic even though they do have to power to do so.
          The games are based on the books, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Haley View Post
            The games are based on the books, though.
            I get that and I know that but the games are loosely based on the books. HeR doesn't follow them exactly. Besides, there's only actually a few games that are based on the original yellow hardback books. Most are based on hte newer books. But even with that, HeR doesn't have to use ideas from the books at all. They can use their own ideas and come up with whatever they want for a game and that's what I was getting at.
            ......,+´¨¯¨`׸+´¨¯¨`׸
            ......`·-·*......`·¸...*·-·´
            .....ıτ ıs our cнoıcεs τнατ
            ............ωнατ ωε τruℓy αrε,
            ....fαr morε τнαn our αℓıτıεs.
            ..........................`·¸................+´¯)
            .............................`×.,¸¸_¸,.×´....·´
            ..............................................'·-·»
            αℓbus dumbεdo

Comment

Originally posted by DrewFan22 View Post
              I get that and I know that but the games are loosely based on the books. HeR doesn't follow them exactly. Besides, there's only actually a few games that are based on the original yellow hardback books. Most are based on hte newer books. But even with that, HeR doesn't have to use ideas from the books at all. They can use their own ideas and come up with whatever they want for a game and that's what I was getting at.
              I think only one game was based on the yellow hardbacks(SHA), the other one you're thinking about are based on the original 1930's ones(CLK).
              Last edited by ; June 3, 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I never read any of the books, but I do like that the games have stayed true to the backstory of them, as mentioned above.

I have a feeling, as callas suggested, someone is using the idea of Nancy's mom to lure her into some kind of trap. I think it might be similar to RAN in the way that she's duped into believing she's doing something for someone who can give her something (information, etc.), but she's actually helping the culprit.

Despite this possibly playing a little close to home, I think we're going to get some fantastic things out of it. We're very likely to get Carson Drew again. He's a favorite character of mine, so I'm excited about that. We may get some of River Heights again, which would also be cool!

Most of all though, I think we're going to get something completely unlike anything we're expecting and that it's going to be really good.

Sam x
                Sleuthing Since 2001
                SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC TOT SCK2 SAW CAP ASH TMB DED GTH SPY MED LIE SEA LCC RED @nancysassdrew
                New York City: You'd have to be crazy to live there, but on the other hand, you'd have to be crazy not to live there.

Comment

Working...
                X