George Isn't in SPY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Isn't in SPY

I'm pretty sad that George isn't in the game as rumored.
    To say nothing of the fact that we won't be able to talk to Bess, Joe or Frank.
    IMO Ned is the least fun phone friend to talk to.
    What do you think?

I felt the same way when I saw it. I was hoping for more Francy. Not that I am a huge fan of that, but it's nice to see some real live drama in Nancy's story. I dread listening to Ned's overly needy personality in this game. My favorite games are when you can call Bess & and George, Joe & Frank, and especially Hannah in MHM. I wish we could give Ned a break for a bit. Hopefully George can be in ND 30
    Basically my feelings on everything

Comment

While I'm a little bit sad George isn't in the game, I do think it makes sense Ned is in it. He's Nancy's boyfriend, the most important person in her life outside of her father, Hannah and her friends. If there's ever a game that Ned needs to be in, it's this one.

Comment

It is strange that we only get Ned and Carson to talk to, but does anyone else think it's weird that HeR now lists phone friends on the character page? They've only done it recently, and I'm not totally sure how I feel about it as it usually means there are no "surprise" phone friends in the game, or new phone numbers to discover, etc. which I always liked in the past.

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
        And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
        ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
        ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
        ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
        ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

It just seems odd to me that HER is not including Nancy's two best friends as a phone contact. Even Hannah would make great sense, seeing that she practically raised Nancy. Perhaps it will be similar to GTH where Bess was with Ned on the phone? Fingers crossed!

Comment

It might seem excessive to have both Hannah and Carson as phone friends since the focus on phone conversations has decreased over time. I suspect that it will be like Missylea said where multiple of them will be on the same phone conversation, but even if not, it makes sense that Ned would be the natural choice since Nancy will probably need emotional support for this game.

~*”`*-._.-*`*~ Recessive Gene Queen: Writer, detective, girl next door, redhead. *

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

*I'd rather be SLEUTHING.

Comment

I know exactly what you all mean. I was really hoping for George to go with her and for us to be able to talk to the Hardy boys and Bess on the phone. I hate Ned. He's so boring and needy. he was cool in the older games but now he's just a dumb ol guy who takes naps and needs his girlfriend next him 24/7. I am very disappointed by this.
              And all I loved, I loved alone.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I don't really see Ned as "overly" needy. Some people handle long-distance-type relationships well, others do not. I think it's pretty reasonable for Nancy's boyfriend of who knows how many years to be sad (and jealous) when she's continually unavailable and off doing really cool things. I personally really liked that we got to see Nancy and Ned have a little bit of a fight in one game over her absence because it made them feel more human to me. Plus, Ned has every right to be worried about Nancy! Think of all the second chances! ;)
                Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy Drew View Post
                  It is strange that we only get Ned and Carson to talk to, but does anyone else think it's weird that HeR now lists phone friends on the character page? They've only done it recently, and I'm not totally sure how I feel about it as it usually means there are no "surprise" phone friends in the game, or new phone numbers to discover, etc. which I always liked in the past.
                  Amen! Don'tlikeitdon'tlikeitdon'tlikeit. Discovering the phone contact's info in-game is one of my favorite parts of the game.

I usually look at the character profile page for the reason that I am terrible with names. I've found that going into the game with the main character's names and faces memorized increases gameplay fun for me. For me, getting spoiled on the main characters isn't so bad as they have two main aspects. One, is voice, and the other is their physical form. When we look at the webpage, we "see" the main characters as the company drew them. In addition to being heard, they were designed to be seen. Phone friends, on the other hand, are unseen. They're dependent on the other aspect, voice. Their voice is 100% of their being. And I would much be introduced to their voices, rather than an avatar with a blurb.

[/rant]

Whew, sorry that I got so carried away. Anybody care to elaborate?

I'm rather disappointed about the absence of George as well. It's been too long...
                  There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

*ba dum da tsh*

Comment

Perhaps the voice actress who normally voices George has been unavailable, or maybe they're building up to some sort of big George connection in the New Zealand game! I could definitely see her going there or being used as a resource.

~*”`*-._.-*`*~ Recessive Gene Queen: Writer, detective, girl next door, redhead. *

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by RecessiveGQ View Post
                      Perhaps the voice actress who normally voices George has been unavailable, or maybe they're building up to some sort of big George connection in the New Zealand game! I could definitely see her going there or being used as a resource.
                      This is what I'm hoping for! I hope they tie her in some cool way such as getting to go to New Zeland for her job internship and a mystery shows up. George really is a great character & I miss her being a main staple of the games!

Comment

At first I was like wait, no Bess & George??

But it makes sense because Nancy is on a very dangerous international mission. She can't go blabbing details to everyone and hasn't it been mentioned that one of her BFFs is horrible at keeping their mouth shut?

A lot of secret agents in movies and books can't even contact their family. Nancy is lucky that she can still communicate with her dad and boyfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineSleuth View Post

But it makes sense because Nancy is on a very dangerous international mission. She can't go blabbing details to everyone and hasn't it been mentioned that one of her BFFs is horrible at keeping their mouth shut?

A lot of secret agents in movies and books can't even contact their family. Nancy is lucky that she can still communicate with her dad and boyfriend.
                          YES. I agree with all of that!!
                          ¸+*¨¯¨*×, AND GOODNESS KNOWS;
                          '•-•*.......))..........the wicked's lives are lonely..
                          .........¸×´....,×*¨¯¯¨*+,.....Goodness knows;
                          ....,+´....,+´..............))............the wicked die alone.
                          ..((_¸.×´................,×´.....,×*¨¯¨*+,..Nothing grows for the wicked;
                          ........................((__¸,.+´........*•-•'......... they reap only what they sow..

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineSleuth View Post

Really good point! I forgot Bess can't keep her mouth shut.

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X