MED based off of.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MED based off of.....

So I was going through my ND books to see if any of them caught my eye for MED, because we don't really know what book or books it's based off of. I came across The clue of the broken locket. Sounds a lot like MED, also there are two other girls on the cover that look like bess and george! I have not read this book, but I believe MED may be based off of it. Let me know what you think.
    ......I Wanted To Be Her When I Grew Up
    ...But Then One Day I Was Older Than My Older Sister
    ....................And Older still Today...

I Miss Andrea.
    .I Miss Hershel.
    ..I Don't Miss What Was Before.
    ...I Don't Miss That Sword.
    ....-Michonne The Walking Dead

Interesting find! Is it a yellow hardback? If so, I might just have to go back and read it.

Comment

As a matter of fact it is!

I Miss Andrea.
      .I Miss Hershel.

Comment

I've read that book, and it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of the upcoming game. That would be interesting.
        When you have eliminated the impossible
        - ʘ - whatever remains,
        however improbable
        must be the truth. ■- ▄ - Sherlock Holmes

Popping in for a short visit. I've missed you all!

Comment

I thought that it sounded familiar. Thank you! Something else interesting is that while the book doesn't take place in New Zealand (I looked it up, and it is Maryland, I believe) the cover shows a body of water, and New Zealand is obviously surrounded by water!

Comment

Since there was a contest for the location, of course it's not the same as the book.
            To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
            Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

I know, I was just using that as a lead in to say that it was in a location with a body of water. I guess I should have worded it different or something to make more sense.
              Last edited by Romans8_28; November 19, 2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I don't think that's right. The Clue of the Broken Locket isn't anything like what MED appears to be. I've read it, and it is about some kidnappers and thieves. So there is no way that could be based off of it. Just because it's name has one similar word doesn't mean that's the book. *sorry if this sounds mean. I'm not trying to be.* I think that MED is based off of one of the newer books. I've only read a couple of them, but because I've read almost all of the old ones, and know what the ones I haven't read are about, I'm pretty sure it's based off a newer book.
                .............I will ride,.................. ..•*¨¯¨*•.
                ..........I will fly,.............•*¨¯¨*•.¸(........·-·’
                ......chase the wind....‘·-·.........)
                ..and touch the sky............¸•’
                ...©dg12+Spaghetti..¤¨¯¨+ .¸ _ ¸.+’ .

Comment

Originally posted by secretariat View Post
                  I don't think that's right. The Clue of the Broken Locket isn't anything like what MED appears to be. I've read it, and it is about some kidnappers and thieves. So there is no way that could be based off of it. Just because it's name has one similar word doesn't mean that's the book. *sorry if this sounds mean. I'm not trying to be.* I think that MED is based off of one of the newer books. I've only read a couple of them, but because I've read almost all of the old ones, and know what the ones I haven't read are about, I'm pretty sure it's based off a newer book.
                  You do have a good point, but how would you know *sorry if it sounds mean also* if MED doesn't have kidnappers and thieves? We know nothing about this game really, also It could be based off of a couple of books and none of them good be this one or it could include this one, it was just a theory really.

I Miss Andrea.
                  .I Miss Hershel.

Comment

We have very little to go off of at this point in time. If HeR's sticking to their current style of story ideas, it isn't likely to really be based too much off of a book. There may be a small detail in a book that could have been taken to create the story for #30, but how are we to know what that detail might have been? I think it's a bit too early to say for sure what the game is based on, as well as too early to discount any theories.
                    ²..Rianna
                    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
                    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
                    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
                    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
                    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

Comment

True. I see your point. I'm just saying that the only connection I can see is that both have broken things in them. I would still hazard a guess that it will be based off of one of the newer books.
                      .............I will ride,.................. ..•*¨¯¨*•.
                      ..........I will fly,.............•*¨¯¨*•.¸(........·-·’
                      ......chase the wind....‘·-·.........)
                      ..and touch the sky............¸•’
                      ...©dg12+Spaghetti..¤¨¯¨+ .¸ _ ¸.+’ .

Comment

Originally posted by secretariat View Post
                        True. I see your point. I'm just saying that the only connection I can see is that both have broken things in them. I would still hazard a guess that it will be based off of one of the newer books.
                        Yeah, It could be based off of the books and it could be just based off of ideas at Her, we won't know until it's close to being released or when it is released. I just hope Sonny Joon is in this game! LJ said they were working on the final and most important character in the game, also her most favorite character of all time, hmm Sonny perhaps? Fingers crossed!

I Miss Andrea.
                        .I Miss Hershel.

Comment

I heard from HeR directly once, I believe? It was awhile ago and I was trying to come up with fun ideas for a game. Anyways, I was told that all Nancy Drew games are based off one of the books. Of course it might not have all the elements of a book, but each location/theme is essentially taken from an ND book.

And I know you guys said that because the location was fan-picked, it couldn't be based off of a book. But didn't HeR give the fan a few choices to pick from? They obviously had a few games ready to be made into a game, which were all more than likely based off of an ND book.
                          No thanks. I'll wait and hope for better things.

~Rhett Butler {Clark Gable}

Comment

Well, I think they may have had this same plotline for all locations, instead of a different game plot for each location. The Pacific Run could have gone anywhere, and they did the contest over a year ago so that the writers could incorporate things from whichever location was chosen into a game in plenty of time. I think the plot will be one that could fit anywhere, so the plot won't necessarily involve New Zealand. That's just where the game was set.
                            To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                            Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Just curious but does anyone recall the other locations the person had to choose from? Was it a list or did the winner just choose anywhere they wanted??

Comment

Working...
                              X