X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Det.JA
    replied
    Originally posted by Baron of Braganza View Post
    Well Android and iOS were kind of a given. I'm just wondering what made them decide that the third platform was Kindle. Just seems odd next to the other two.
    Well, my guess would be that Kindle is built entirely using an android ecosystem. (Amazon just took it and made their own private App Store garden of Eden so that they can make more money on sales)

Since Kindle Fire is already on their 3rd generation of tablets, it would make sense to host an app on their as well.

Leave a comment:

• Baron of Braganza
    replied
    Well Android and iOS were kind of a given. I'm just wondering what made them decide that the third platform was Kindle. Just seems odd next to the other two.

Leave a comment:

• Det.JA
    replied
    I'm happy that Her is finally making GTH for mobile, I'm just a little disappointed that I have to wait longer for them to release it for the Microsoft App Store.
    The majority of the Surface's top App Store apps are all games by Artifex Mundi, which surprisingly bear a resemblance to Nancy Drew games.

I hope that Her does something to the game so that fans who already played have a reason to buy the game again. My assumption would be a collectors edition with never before seen concept art, easy access to puzzles when completing the game, cutscene gallery, etc.

Or maybe after completing the main game, Her can make it so that players can go back and complete Jess's story.

Leave a comment:

• Nancydrewgirl03
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura Jean View Post

No worries, Stuart said here that the mobile game won't slow down their output of the computer games.
    Oh thanks. That helps!

Leave a comment:

• Laura Jean
    replied
    Originally posted by Nancydrewgirl03 View Post
    Personally, I dont like the idea of a mobile game I really don't like the idea because they could stop making computer games and that would really really be bad because I love the computer games. I really really don't want them to be for tablet... I don't know why I just don't like the idea all that much
    No worries, Stuart said here that the mobile game won't slow down their output of the computer games.

Leave a comment:

• Nancydrewgirl03
    replied
    Personally, I dont like the idea of a mobile game I really don't like the idea because they could stop making computer games and that would really really be bad because I love the computer games. I really really don't want them to be for tablet... I don't know why I just don't like the idea all that much

Leave a comment:

• HappyGirl05
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyLinda View Post
    Posted On Facebook:

Please make ND Games for tablet

HeR's response was...

We are working on it! Ghost of Thornton Hall will release on iOS in Spring 2014. To be followed by Android and Kindle. Stay tuned!
    Thanks for posting! This is exciting as we now know which devices it's for.

Leave a comment:

• LadyLinda
    replied
    Posted On Facebook:

Please make ND Games for tablet

HeR's response was...

We are working on it! Ghost of Thornton Hall will release on iOS in Spring 2014. To be followed by Android and Kindle. Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• Det.JA
    replied
    Not to be kicking a dead horse, but going back to the Microsoft App Store for Windows RT. If an adventure game like Adera can go on the same store and win a ton of rewards, I'm positive that GTH for the App Store RT will do just fine.
    I would love to play GTH on my surface 2.

Leave a comment:

• tsukiakari
    replied
    I'm half surprised and half...not surprised that GTH was chosen

First of all, GTH seems to have been very popular. The scary games always seem to do well, and GTH's official trailer has around twice as many views as SPY's. So I can definitely understand why Her would want to port it first, since there's more of a chance that people would want to buy it.

On the other hand...I'm not a big mobile device user, but I can't say that GTH feels like the most mobile-friendly game. The environments are all very dark, it's dialogue-heavy, and the puzzles are pretty difficult - it requires you to be immersed in it, and it's definitely not the kind of game that you can casually play on the go. To me, SPY may have been a better choice, since it's brighter, a little lighter in dialogue and tone, and also has easier puzzles (plus a simple and addictive game to boot).

At any rate, I don't think I'll have an iOS or Android device by the time this is released, but if possible I'll still try to buy it to support Her. I hope that it sells well and enables them to continue releasing more mobile games

Leave a comment:

• Baron of Braganza
    replied
    Interesting that GTH was chosen as the first. Personally it's a game with many layers but at the same time not one I would have chosen in putting my best foot forward, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• phoenix star
    replied
    They said it on Facebook first that GTH was the mobile game.

Leave a comment:

• RecessiveGQ
    replied
    I would say more that the mobile game being GTH was suggested rather than "revealed." LJ didn't come right out and say that.

Leave a comment:

• ND/AliceRoyLvr
    replied
    The first game will be The Ghost of Thornton Hall for the iPad! Little Jackalope revealed it on the AS blog!

Leave a comment:

• Det.JA
    replied
    Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
    I agree that February is a good estimate. That was my thought. Here's something I've been pondering. Will the game be released for smartphones as well, or just tablets? Because smartphones are pretty small for the Nancy Drew games that we're used to, unless the interface is changed drastically. I'm looking at mine right now and there's no way that we'd be able to properly click which inventory item we wanted, or which conversation option we wanted or scroll down the text box on something so small. I'd think they might as well make it available for as many devices as possible, so the interface is probably gonna be changed.
    It's definitely possible to shrink the Nancy Drew classic games down into a smaller resolution. The only differences that I would expect would be to have the inventory be on a separate screen than the actual enviroment. When Nancy talks to suspects, I would imagine picking responses by swiping between one response at a time. Or maybe even watching a video of the suspect talking and then have the game go back to the response mode. That's what the Myst games did; whenever your character had to move by cart from one place to another, a video played instead and then then when it was finished, the video switched back to the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X