Cover Art Revealed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dana Girls View Post
    I think that it's beautiful! My only problem is that the tagline calls it a Drama... Does that mean this isn't going to be a mystery game, just like MED?
    well greek drama tragedy plays and skits were a huge thing back in ancient greece. coupled with the fact that one of their screen shots was of an amphitheater, my guess is they are using that as a metaphor for saying the mystery will be very dramatic and lots of character conflict and clashing, or perhaps it might even have to do with some kind of greek play rehearsals or something. cant wait to find out! but i sure hope it isn't anything like MED...

i personally LOVE this cover art, it is definitley the best in a long time and i love how they've not stuck a figure/face right in the middle. the clash between the two scenes is very intriguing, are we actually going to be able to explore some underground lava type thing? that'd be kind of cool

~Em
    "My parents are always bugging me – why aren't you
    more like that Drew girl? She's in Whateverstan,
    just saved the blah blah blah from the who cares."

–Deirdre Shannon, ASH

~My Threads~

My Thoughts on GTH
    Newer Games vs. Older Games: Why are the older games better than the new ones? What things do the newer games lack? What will make the newer games seem better?

Comment

I really like it; scratch that, I LOVE it! It has a nice change to it from the facial images the last few games have had (as others have pointed out), and I feel like it has an classic Nancy Drew feel to it. (: The cover art looks very detailed, quite thought-provoking, and just plain gorgeous! I do have to say, though, that I almost always prefer the concept art over the 3d graphics, but this does not hold true for the Cerberus on the cover art. I find that his heads looks too big for his body... :P (Despite how he looked in that image HeR tweeted earlier this month!)

I also observed that the game mentions drama and, when combined with the amphitheater picture we got, guarantees that this will have stage involved. Yay, I love theater! (: Another thing is that the game is rated 10+ so I'm guessing that this game will have a more serious crime (kidnap, murder, etc.). If the last theory holds true, I am going to be SO happy! I really like those kinds of mysteries!!

- Ella
      .¸•*¨¯¨*•¸...........¸•*¨¯¨*•¸
      (.....*·-·´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`·-·*....)
      .`•¸........Happy........¸•´
      ....)....Halloween....(
      .¸•´¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸`•¸
      (...`·-·*......)..(.....*·-·´...)
      .`•.,¸__¸,.•´....`•.,¸__¸,.•´ ©×MG×

Thanks for the sig!
      I've solved every case, and I cannot wait for another! Bring on mystery number 32!

Comment

I, personally, love the cover. I think it looks beautiful.
        "I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve jammie dodgers and a fez."
        (Doctor Who)

"The very first words in recorded history:
        Hello Sweetie.
        The Doctor: You graffitied the oldest cliff face in the Universe!
        River: You wouldn't answer your phone!"

(Doctor Who)

Comment

I love the cover art! The colours are amazing and the detail is beautiful! I would say it is one of my favorite cover art's!

Can't wait to play LIE!
          Hello Dead End,
          My name is Nancy Drew
          .........…..(………….¸«´¨¯¨`+¸
          ….........…`+.,¸_¸,.×´.,ר¯¨*)
          ……….....................
          `+.,_,.×´

Click here for my petition to have Togo in a game
          http://community.herinteractive.com/....php?t=1300426

Comment

Beautiful! I love the fact that we don't really know what the mystery is yet which adds to the intrigue. The gardens look like the perfect place for an afternoon stroll , whereas the labyrinth freaks me out.
            I agree with everyone else it is so good to have a change from faces on the cover! It was getting kinda old.
            Love it, HeR! Good work!
            I'm a guy! :)
            I'm Australian! :)
            I'm a Christian! :)

MY AEs :D
            FIN TOT

Comment

I'm in love with the cover art! I think the pinkish red color is perfect and the artwork is gorgeous. I especially love the half and half. Half greek happiness and half underworld rage! I think this is the best one yet!

Comment

In the Amateur Sleuth Blog, Little Jackalope asks us what clues are suggested by this cover art. Well.............
                I did a quick online search of just one thing shown in the cover art, the pomegranate. This one thing, the centrally placed pomegranate, with the fruit's red juice that appears to flow like blood, can suggest multiple ideas from mythology, 3 major religious traditions, assorted scientific research projects, culinary arts, horticulture, seeds/ideas, life and death, and religious art. The word origin also leads to grenades and grenadine. Who knew! And, oh,my!

Do you think we will study or cook with pomegranate?

Overall, I think the cover art shows that there is a lighted, open side to everything and a dim, occluded side to everything.

Do you think we will explore Nancy's dark side in this game?
                The world is divided into two nations:
                those with teddy bears, those without.
                Each thinks the other is odd.
                Jenny De Vries.

(so... umm... how do we feel about ND and Mr. Woogle Wogle?)

Comment

Before getting into too much details, I would like to express that I correctly guess the colour scheme for Labyrinth of Lies, even though there was no logic behind the guess. Really, I just said what colour came to mind whenever I think about Greese.

Now to become more logical, from the cover art, it looks like we're going to explore two sides of Ancient Greece, the light side probably contains the light side of Ancient Greece that I know nothing about. The dark side is the Underworld, Nancy will probably be snooping someone and finds a secret passage way, meets Fluffy, (the Cerberus, there's a three headed dog in Harry Potter and it's name is Fluffy, so I decided to name the statue Fluffy) probably going to find an important clue in their, and might be held captive there too. I wonder if we'll meet Hades.

I'm going to predict that the Grapefruit is going to play a very important roll in this game, okay, it's an obvious prediction that put in because I couldn't help myself. Anyways, for a snack while playing this game, a Grapefruit.

And I forgot to tell this in the beginning, I love the cover art, it has a dark side (the Underworld) and a light side, which might be heaven, but I really don`t know anything about Greek Mythology. Anyways, this looks like a mysterious game that I'm looking forward to playing it. I can't wait for the trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Miley133 View Post

I LOVE the cover! It looks so cool! I, too, am still confused about what the whole mystery is, though, and that worries me. I was hoping the little tagline would clarify what the mystery is but it really doesn't. I'm just praying that there actually IS a mystery this time. I'm also hoping it's not just "mysterious accidents" again. This game has me very curious, slightly worried, but mostly VERY excited! I know nothing about Greek mythology so it'll be fun to learn! The box cover looks fantastic and I can't wait to learn more!

--Derek
                    This concerns me too. The teaser at the end of MED didn't give much away, and the cover doesn't either. I'm hoping it's a really good, strong mystery and they're just being cryptic about it. I'd rather not have a game that hinges on being in Greece and being exposed to Greek mythology for the meat of the game. Not that I don't want to learn about those things - I do, and would be disappointed if there wasn't much available to explore in that regard! - but not at the expense of an actual mystery.

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
                    And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
                    ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
                    ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
                    ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
                    ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

Great thread!!!!! :)

Here are 2 things from the ND world which may or may not be related to the cover art for LIE:

1. There is a reference to Greek symbols in an earlier ND game.
                      2. There are at least 2 ND books involving Greece and Greek symbols.

Maybe the LIE mystery story is based at least to some extent on those books and there is some clue in the cover art which people who remember those books can identify. Maybe some clever gamer can see something in the cover art which links the earlier game reference to something about LIE.
                      The world is divided into two nations:
                      those with teddy bears, those without.
                      Each thinks the other is odd.
                      Jenny De Vries.

(so... umm... how do we feel about ND and Mr. Woogle Wogle?)

Comment

The cover is beautiful, but it looks to much like every other epic/fantasy game out there. Nancy Drew is supposed to be different. She isn't a time traveler or a ghost hunter; she's a detective. My guess is that this game includes a modern theatrical group performing a play about Persephone. In the screenshot of the amphitheater there is obviously a performance underway. The lighting towers, the set, the (presumably) director's tent all point to this scenario. Also the play on the word drama makes me think I'm right.

Comment

I actually really like the cover and how it show both worlds. I think it shows a lot about the myth and I'm liking how that's gonna play into the mystery.

Comment

Yes! I was right! Check out the new product page! This is going to be an awesome game. Scarlet Hand was one of my favorites, and this one sounds a lot like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                              In the Amateur Sleuth Blog, Little Jackalope asks us what clues are suggested by this cover art. Well.............
                              I did a quick online search of just one thing shown in the cover art, the pomegranate. This one thing, the centrally placed pomegranate, with the fruit's red juice that appears to flow like blood, can suggest multiple ideas from mythology, 3 major religious traditions, assorted scientific research projects, culinary arts, horticulture, seeds/ideas, life and death, and religious art. The word origin also leads to grenades and grenadine. Who knew! And, oh,my!

Do you think we will study or cook with pomegranate?

Overall, I think the cover art shows that there is a lighted, open side to everything and a dim, occluded side to everything.

Do you think we will explore Nancy's dark side in this game?
                              Well, the pomegranate was viewed as the fruit of the underworld. THe reason Persephone had to stay in the underworld for six moths out of the year is because Hades gave her one of the pomegranates and she ate six seeds, thus six months. I think that's the only reason why the pomegranate is there, but great research on it!

In fact, one of Dahlia's videos explains this myth ;)

EDIT: Also, I thought of something. The catch line says "Thread your way..." In Greek myths, Theseus entered a labyrinth to kill the Minotaur, but the king's daughter (The king was the one who had people every year go into the labyrinth; That was also an inspiration for the Hunger Games actually! But moving on...) took favor on Theseus and gave him a spool of thread which would lead him through the maze. So I think thread is as much of a play on words as Drama is ;)
                              Last edited by Ndfan1234; August 28, 2014, 06:49 PM.
                              To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                              Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

I absolutely love this game cover! In my opinion it's the best Nancy Drew game cover there is. I think the designer did a really good job with both the appearance and the subtleties they infiltrated within the general picture.

The fracture between the two worlds, the underground world and the human world emphasizes by Persephone and Hades, the deal they made. Persephone's bracelet made of vines, Hades' sleeve cracked by lava. The pomegranate in his hand, the fruit that made the connection between the world possible.

I can't describe in words, but like I said, I'm very happy with this cover art!

Comment

Working...
                                X