Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is ND32 the Last Game that Nancy is Voiced by Lani Minella?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is ND32 the Last Game that Nancy is Voiced by Lani Minella?

    According to Lani Minella's Twitter, she posted that ND32 would be her last game that she voices Nancy Drew. Is this true?
    COMING SOON!
    River of DeceitUnder the Alaskan Sun
    The Whispering Statue

    Supported Petitions


    My Game Suggestions


  • #2
    OMG, I just saw that. I can't believe she's being replaced. I will really miss her. And tbh, I'm not sure if the games will be the same without her. But I hope they'll find someone just as good.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's looking like it, Lani posted it on her twitter account. I hope whoever replaces her isn't super different :(
      (^㉦^)ぅ

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, it looks like it's true :(

        The thing that concerns me is that Lani mentions that HeR wants to try something different...
        COMING SOON!
        River of DeceitUnder the Alaskan Sun
        The Whispering Statue

        Supported Petitions


        My Game Suggestions

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh, wow. I didn't even hear about that! Well then. I never thought that HeR would replace Lani Minella after so many games, but... *sigh* I hope that the new voice actor for ND after that isn't too different, like others have said.

          Wow. It's going to be so weird not having her return after that. All I can say is, thank you Lani Minella for having done such a terrific job these last several years.


          Originally posted by Baron of Braganza View Post
          Well, it looks like it's true :(

          The thing that concerns me is that Lani mentions that HeR wants to try something different...
          Oh, boy. That doesn't sound too good. :O
          .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
          ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
          ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
          ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

          Hope everyone's having a great summer!

          Comment


          • #6

            I am INCREDIBLY disappointed in HER for doing this. Lani is EXTREMELY talented and she is Nancy Drew. I can't imagine Nancy having ANY other voice but Lani's. It's one thing if she decided to retire from the business but according to her tweet, they're replacing her - a voice that the fans have come to know and love. I can't even imagine why they would want to do this. Now, of course none of us know the true circumstances behind all of this, but from where I'm standing it looks like a HUGE mistake on HER's part. I'm very upset about this and I really hope that HER realizes exactly what they're doing because I can assure you that TONS of fans, like me, are NOT going to be happy about this. To me, there is only one Nancy Drew and she can't be replaced no matter how hard you try.

            --Derek

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Miley133 View Post

              I am INCREDIBLY disappointed in HER for doing this. Lani is EXTREMELY talented and she is Nancy Drew. I can't imagine Nancy having ANY other voice but Lani's. It's one thing if she decided to retire from the business but according to her tweet, they're replacing her - a voice that the fans have come to know and love. I can't even imagine why they would want to do this. Now, of course none of us know the true circumstances behind all of this, but from where I'm standing it looks like a HUGE mistake on HER's part. I'm very upset about this and I really hope that HER realizes exactly what they're doing because I can assure you that TONS of fans, like me, are NOT going to be happy about this. To me, there is only one Nancy Drew and she can't be replaced no matter how hard you try.

              --Derek
              Can not agree more than this! I haven't heard this, and this is a total shock. Lani is Nancy. I understand if she wants to retire, as long as they try and find someone with a similar voice. But if they are changing the styles... I just don't know. This makes me extremely sad, no matter how she leaves. I can never forget how much of an impact she had on me through these games. Thank you Lani.
              To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

              My threads:

              R4JC!!
              Olivia Trey Penelope

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh my gosh… I am so incredibly saddened to hear this! I think the thing that bothers me the most is that it looks like HeR fired Lani! I have no disrespect for the new CEO, and I'm sure she is doing what she thinks is best for the company, but honestly, since it was announced she was the new CEO, we lost Nik, and now Lani. What next? All these changes are making me so scared for HeR and the games right now. While I will continue to play the games, I know a lot of people played the games because of Lani, and without her (especially because it Her Interactive's decision - not Lani's), they will probably stop playing the games. I don't believe this was a wise decision on HeR's part, and I truly hope they do not lose too many of the fans because of this. Excuse me while I cry now…
                .·*¨¯¨*·¸
                `·-·*
                .....) Your love is deep.
                .......¸.·`
                ......(....¸.·*¯) Your love is wide.
                .......`·.¸_¸.·`
                ....¸.·`..¸.·*¨¯) I will rest,
                ..(_¸.·*....¸.·` I will rest
                ............(
                .............`·.¸¸.·*¨¯) tonight.
                .................. *·-·`All Sons and Daughters * Tonight

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am extremely disappointed in HER for this. I can't imagine for whatever reason they are doing this. They have made a lot of questionable decisions over the years (taking away the books, the letters, Kevin Manthei), but this one has to be the worst decision they've ever made. Lani is Nancy Drew. It really discourages me from continuing to play these games without her. I honestly cried a little when I heard the news.
                  [Stop homophobia]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I, like others, am so surprised to hear this news! Lani does a great job being Nancy, and while I'm sure whoever HER hires next will do a great job too, it's still a big shock.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Say what? Loosing Nik was one thing, but LANI?! I think I'm in shock. *Breath, Penelope, Breath* She is Nancy Drew. I've played the first game of the Hardy Boys series put out by the Adventure Company in which they can call Nancy and she was played by a different voice actress. It was like they were calling a just girl, not Nancy.

                      If it was Lani's decision, then I will respect that, and hope that HeR finds another voice actress that we can grow to adore as much as Lani. But if HeR Interactive made the decision to fire her, then may I respectfully say that HeR may have lost their marbles. Why would they do that? You can't change the voice of Nancy Drew, the main character. This just isn't right. I mean, it won't be like playing a Nancy Drew game anymore. It will be just another detective game. I hope that for the next couple of games that at least the plot is good, otherwise, I may loose interest in the series... especially if the new actress sounds too different than Lani.
                      Last edited by Royal Payne; November 12, 2014, 10:43 PM.
                      Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm really surprised that something like this has happened, especially after all this time. From what I've read on Lani's Twitter account, she seems to believe that Her wouldn't consider rehiring her as the voice of Nancy, and that just has me worried about the reasoning behind their decision to recast the part.

                        Honestly, I might not have loved every performance Lani provided as Nancy, but I can't think of any other voice for Nancy Drew. Her voice acting grew with the character over time; first she gave us the low tones of games such as STFD and MHM, then the higher and exuberant sound around DDI, and then settled into the voice that I always associate with Nancy the most. In LIE some of her delivery outright made me laugh. The character of Nancy, from her sometimes-tactless questions to her "Dear Ned" letters, won't be the same with someone else voicing it. I'll miss her voice a lot, and I wish her well in her other projects.

                        However, that's not to say that I'm quitting the series over this! I'm also going to give Her the benefit of the doubt, and wait to find out who they cast as Nancy. This definitely isn't a deal-breaker for me. It just has me sad to see Lani leave, and worried about what's going to happen next. I can't help having my doubts, but I'll do my best to keep trusting Her on this.
                        neverending song
                        2008-2018

                        So far from me walks your dear self
                        So far from me too is your home
                        to which I can never find my way
                        your fairy tale...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post
                          I'm really surprised that something like this has happened, especially after all this time. From what I've read on Lani's Twitter account, she seems to believe that Her wouldn't consider rehiring her as the voice of Nancy, and that just has me worried about the reasoning behind their decision to recast the part.

                          Honestly, I might not have loved every performance Lani provided as Nancy, but I can't think of any other voice for Nancy Drew. Her voice acting grew with the character over time; first she gave us the low tones of games such as STFD and MHM, then the higher and exuberant sound around DDI, and then settled into the voice that I always associate with Nancy the most. In LIE some of her delivery outright made me laugh. The character of Nancy, from her sometimes-tactless questions to her "Dear Ned" letters, won't be the same with someone else voicing it. I'll miss her voice a lot, and I wish her well in her other projects.

                          However, that's not to say that I'm quitting the series over this! I'm also going to give Her the benefit of the doubt, and wait to find out who they cast as Nancy. This definitely isn't a deal-breaker for me. It just has me sad to see Lani leave, and worried about what's going to happen next. I can't help having my doubts, but I'll do my best to keep trusting Her on this.
                          Great post! I'm in agreement on waiting this out and seeing who HER has in mind to continue voicing Nancy. They're a great company, and I have to believe they have a good plan for the future of the games.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just had a thought... you know how HeR seems to really listen to us fans? Well... I hope that this wasn't why they fired Lani, because THAT isn't what I had in mind at all when I posted this.

                            Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post
                            Nancy's attitude:
                            I alluded to this on the SPY discussion board, but I'll go a little more in depth here without getting spoilerish.
                            Lately, it seems like she's sassy when she shouldn't be and too passive when she should be blunt. I think that the reason I didn't have a problem with it in FIN was because it involved a kidnapping of someone she was close to. In RAN, someone even closer to her than Maya was kidnapped, and Nancy felt so emotionless. I didn't have a problem with Nancy's being overly blunt at times in SPY because I get that her emotions were getting the best of her.
                            Here's another example: Why does Nancy try to comfort Emily in CLK after the loss of her mother, but is so tactless with the Shimizu’s in SAW?
                            Also, check out this thread: More heart. Little changes, BIG difference. It is spot-on about Nancy lately, explaining the problem much better than I have here.
                            Lani was NOT the problem and I never wanted her to leave... take a look at this:

                            Originally posted by Royal Payne View Post
                            While I agree 100% with what is being said here, I've been thinking about Nancy's voice change a lot recently, and I'm wondering if the voice change was because it was written in the script for her to sound that way. She's a very talented voice actress and I think that she can sound like that happy-go-lucky girl again. Like Veronica said above, the change happened around SAW, and right around the time of TOT - SAW was when they hired a new writer. I'm just saying that it may not be on Lani's end. Perhaps the new writer wanted her to sound that way for some reason.
                            Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                            ... you will find his [Nik's] resume on one of the major business networking sites. It says his duties included:

                            "Coached and directed voice talent"

                            So it may very well be the writer who brought about the change in Nancy's voice, as the change happened when he was hired.
                            So if HeR fired Lani... then I want Lani back! It wasn't her voice that we didn't like; it was most likely the way it was written in the script, and now that Nik is gone and we have a new writer, then this whole complaint might be fixed! But we'll never know if we don't have Lani. Please HeR, bring Lani back. Please...
                            Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just some FYI, HeR has been responding to posts on Facebook...

                              Nancy Drew Games Hi Josh - Thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure what you are referring to but we are not blaming Lani Minella for anything. Lani Minella will always be a part of the Her Interactive family and we will continue to enjoy a tremendous working relationship with her. We hope to maintain this fantastic creative partnership for many years to come albeit in a different capacity than in the past. It’s too early for us to announce the new voice of Nancy Drew but as soon as we have made that selection we will make a formal introduction to all our fans.Thank you for supporting Her Interactive and Nancy Drew games.


                              Nancy Drew Games Hi Kristen - It's not meant to be generic or vague. We will provide more information shortly but we wanted Lani to have this time to say goodbye to her fans and we didn't want to overshadow that with our announcement. More information to follow shortly.
                              ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----
                              LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X