Hidden Object Game Series as Reboot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Object Game Series as Reboot?

The whole idea of a reboot has got many fans speculating over the idea of a Hidden Object Game Series instead of the Mystery/Adventure series that we love.

Is there any truth behind this?

If there is, I'm sorry to say, but they've lost me as a fan :(

~Purple
    Omg, where on earth have I been? I'm sorry I've been away from these boards forever. Life caught up with me.

BUT I'M BACK :D

Hello everyone.
    Purple in the houseeeee.

There has been nothing from HeR regarding a reboot of the Nancy Drew Adventure Series.
    ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----
    LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

Comment

Since the Dossier games weren't terribly popular, I doubt it. I certainly hope not. They pass the time, but I honestly think that hidden object games get very boring very fast.

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
      And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
      ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
      ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
      ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
      ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

worse than hidden object would be a "free to play" mobile – doing mini games with minimal story, and then they dont need to pay for a big-named voice actor . Nancy Drew is one of the last point and click adventure games around, so maybe they want to get rid of the obsolete format?

I guess we just have to wait and see, or maybe those russians will figure it all out like they always do , ha ha ha

Comment

I would be done with ND if this turned into a hidden-object series. However, I don't think this will be the case. In LIE, we had a huge hint that game 33 will be set in Salem and focus on the witch trials. If they are planning on that, I don't think they'd just switch to a hidden object series, though of course I could be wrong... I hope I'm not though.
          To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
          Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

I honestly or "hopefully" don't think they will do this. I don't think they would be that dumb (although firing Lani was super, incredibly dumb.)

I think they know that their adventure games are totally different from anybody else's so making that move would get rid of almost all their fans.

I haven't played LIE yet but if it is set in Salem, that would be so cool! There have been a lot of suggestions for that. ;)

I would totally be out if they made it into hidden object games.
            Hollywood Nights... .. -:|:-
            .. -:|:- ..............,•*¨¯¨*•, ...... -:|:-
            ......,•*¨¯¨*•, .....',¸¸,• .....`•. ................•´¯)
            .....( ... •,¸¸,'.. -:|:- . ..........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ..•´
            ......`•. ...................,•*¨¯¨*•, ...........•´
            ..........`•. ....`•. ....',¸¸,• ....). -:|:- ( ..............,•*¨¯¨*•,
            .. -:|:- .....`•. . `•. `×.,¸__¸,.×´ .........`×.,¸__¸,.×´ ... •,¸¸,'
            ..................`•.¸_) .....................................-:|:-

©L.bulldog + Tigerpaw

Comment

The dossier games were fun, but they were done differently than the usual hidden object game format. I'm concerned that HER may decide that they can get more fans from the casual gameplay crowd by making an out-and-out hidden object.
              Koko so far has said that they won't be discontinuing the Nancy Drew series for the Hardy Boys, but hasn't yet said anything about whether or not the series will be replaced for a new format.

As someone who has played a hidden object here and there, they could easily make the Salem game into a hidden object, because I've seen a few hidden objects that love using the Salem Witch Trials as the base for the story.

I have discontinued buying hidden objects though, because I'm tired of them all being played the same way. It's just the same thing with a different story and different back drops for the hidden objects, but usually you end up looking for the same things.
              Castle Quote
              Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
              Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
              I love this line!

Comment

Wait, has HER Interactive given any indication whatsoever that they are changing game formats? If they haven't then this thread seems really random.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzHands View Post
                  Wait, has HER Interactive given any indication whatsoever that they are changing game formats? If they haven't then this thread seems really random.
                  Lani herself said that HeR was trying something new and there has been an awful lot of speculation on the boards about whether there would be a reboot of the series, and/if the games would become hidden object based.
                  I merely started this thread to try and glean further information on that subject :)

~Purple
                  Omg, where on earth have I been? I'm sorry I've been away from these boards forever. Life caught up with me.

BUT I'M BACK :D

Hello everyone.
                  Purple in the houseeeee.

Comment

[QUOTE=ndtwister;8313237]

I haven't played LIE yet but if it is set in Salem, that would be so cool! There have been a lot of suggestions for that. ;)

I don't think it's in Salem I think the place where Nancy goes in LIE is Greece
                    ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                    (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                    .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                    ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
                    ..( ..)
                    c('')('')

Comment

Originally posted by NDsolver<3 View Post
                      Originally posted by ndtwister View Post
                      I don't think it's in Salem I think the place where Nancy goes in LIE is Greece
                      Yes, LIE takes place in Greece, but there is a lot of speculation that ND33 will be in Salem. The Hardy Boys (mostly Joe, I think) talked about the Salem witch trials in LIE. It could be a clue. I guess we'll find out after SEA.
                      Penelope Payne (just a nickname) & company 🦄 Seastar 🐼 Panda 🦔 Phillip the Pygmypuff 🐎 Stardust 🖖 Spock 🐊 Albert the Sheepigator 🌛 Count Vismak

Comment

I can't stand hidden object games and don't consider them "adventure" games at all. If Her changes from the point-and-click mystery adventure to the hidden object, I certainly won't be buying/playing any more ND, which is very heartbreaking.

And getting rid of Lani is a huge mistake; I hate that decision.

Comment

Working...
                        X