Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HER"s January letter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HER"s January letter

    Any thoughts on what HER said in the letter? It sounds like HER is planning to continue to expand into the mobile market, but not by porting the games perhaps? I'll be curious to see what their future plans are.

  • #2
    Hm. I feel like that letter didn't really say much at all, and didn't tell us anything we don't already know.

    Two paragraphs on how they are casting a new voice actor, okay. We know that. One that sort of leads you to believe they may expand into the mobile market, but not with SPY (maybe with something else?). A little bit on the fact that SEA is coming out.

    Personally, I have no idea what they're planning on doing but I feel like something is coming that they're not quite mentioning yet. Of course they have business reasons for doing so, but I just have a feeling of dread like I'm not going to like what they're planning. I hope I'm wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am.

    Still, I guess it's nice they released some form of statement.
    .

    I took you by the hand and we stood tall
    And remembered our own land, what we lived for...


    ..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
    ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
    ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
    ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
    ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Poppy Drew View Post
      Hm. I feel like that letter didn't really say much at all, and didn't tell us anything we don't already know.

      Two paragraphs on how they are casting a new voice actor, okay. We know that. One that sort of leads you to believe they may expand into the mobile market, but not with SPY (maybe with something else?). A little bit on the fact that SEA is coming out.

      Personally, I have no idea what they're planning on doing but I feel like something is coming that they're not quite mentioning yet. Of course they have business reasons for doing so, but I just have a feeling of dread like I'm not going to like what they're planning. I hope I'm wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am.

      Still, I guess it's nice they released some form of statement.
      I agree here, everything HeR said in the letter we already know about.
      And I agree I'am dreading this new move that there making but hopefully I'll end up liking it cause if I don't like it I probably won't play ND anymore...


      ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
      (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
      .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
      ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

      ..(\/)
      ..( ..)
      c('')('')

      Comment


      • #4
        Just read it and to me it sounds like they are focusing on the mobile/on the go aspects of their games. I do not know for sure of course, but I doubt they are going to do much with the gameplay that we all miss and love. For example, more snooping and better puzzles that relate to the actual mystery. I just think that it sounds like they are very excited about the mobile games and I'm sure working on that takes up much of their time. Because of that belief of mine, I think it is best to not get my hopes up that the games will feel/have aspects like the classics did.

        Comment


        • #5
          In my opinion, the letter to the fans didn't answer any of the concerns that the fans actually have for the games. I agree with the the rest of you, they mentioned everything we already know. It would be nice to see what they actually think and feel about the problems that the fans are having with the games.
          ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
          ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
          .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
          (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
          `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
          ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
          ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
          .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
          ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
          ............................................©ac

          Comment


          • #6
            What letter are you guys talking about? I would like to read this.
            "Hope is the thing with feathers
            That perches in the soul
            And sings the tune without the words
            And never stops at all.

            And sweetest in that Gale is heard
            And sore must be the storm
            That could abash the little Bird
            That kept so many warm.

            I've heard it in the chillest land
            And on the strangest Sea
            Yet never - in Extremity -
            It asked a crumb of me."

            ~ Emily Dickinson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BadWolf10 View Post
              What letter are you guys talking about? I would like to read this.
              Just go to the Home page and click the second dot under the big picture then there should be a button that says Read now click on the button and it should take you there it's not hard to miss
              ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
              (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
              .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
              ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

              ..(\/)
              ..( ..)
              c('')('')

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks NDSolver<3!

                Now that I have read it I understand what you all are discussing. I totally agree. To me, it sounds almost like they were trying to agree with us about Lani. But if they had done that then why did they fire her? I do have hope for the new voice actress that she will be the right fit, but I will still miss Lani.

                When I was reading about the new game, I was wondering whether I would hate it or not. That is not the right thought to be thinking about a game and is not a good sign for the producers. I wish the games would get better, but it is not entirely expected by me.
                "Hope is the thing with feathers
                That perches in the soul
                And sings the tune without the words
                And never stops at all.

                And sweetest in that Gale is heard
                And sore must be the storm
                That could abash the little Bird
                That kept so many warm.

                I've heard it in the chillest land
                And on the strangest Sea
                Yet never - in Extremity -
                It asked a crumb of me."

                ~ Emily Dickinson

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm really sorry, but that letter is too little, too late, and too insincere.

                  They value our enthusiasm and comments? They feel it's important to keep us "clued in?" The feedback they've received from the community about Lani Minella has been very heartwarming?

                  I don't think so.

                  As I've said before: when Lani leaves, I'm gone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by magovani View Post
                    They value our enthusiasm and comments? They feel it's important to keep us "clued in?" The feedback they've received from the community about Lani Minella has been very heartwarming?
                    The entire fanbase is in complete turmoil with petitions popping up left and right, nasty emails being sent, people threatening to boycott and comments expressing how hurt, insulted, and betrayed everyone feels. "Heartwarming."

                    --Derek

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very disappointed by the letter. They may be wanting to "clue us in," but if that was the objective, it failed miserably. No explanation whatsoever as to why they are replacing Lani.

                      As far as I'm concerned, that letter is worthless. I'm sorry to have to say that, but I believe in speaking the truth.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Miley133 View Post
                        The entire fanbase is in complete turmoil with petitions popping up left and right, nasty emails being sent, people threatening to boycott and comments expressing how hurt, insulted, and betrayed everyone feels. "Heartwarming."

                        --Derek
                        I have noticed on Twitter that HeR has been re-tweeting those who are praising the games, at an excessive rate. Almost as if to prove to themselves or others that all is well and people are as loyal to the games as ever.

                        Not that I don't want to be loyal, but I'm concerned. I wonder if these people know about the replacing of Lani and whatever may come after that.
                        .

                        I took you by the hand and we stood tall
                        And remembered our own land, what we lived for...


                        ..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
                        ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
                        ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
                        ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
                        ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree Poppy, I saw that too on twitter. It seems like they are only reading messages on twitter and disregarding what we have all been saying on here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SleuthinItOut View Post
                            I agree Poppy, I saw that too on twitter. It seems like they are only reading messages on twitter and disregarding what we have all been saying on here.
                            Well then!
                            If that's what there doing it really shows how much they care about what we think on here! which really it doesn't really seam like they care at all!
                            ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
                            (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
                            .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
                            ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

                            ..(\/)
                            ..( ..)
                            c('')('')

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              When I read the letter, I felt that if I had just skimmed through it, I would have read everything it had to say. I agree with everyone else; we already knew all of this, except SPY not going onto a mobile platform.

                              This Twitter thing upsets me, too. I can't stand when companies have their own websites, blogs and message boards but are mostly active on social media. This message board is where the ND game conversation is concentrated. They should be paying attention to the fans on here. As for the re-tweeting of praise, it feels like HeR is trying to muddy the water to make it look like the fans who are opposed to this are a minority. Ugh.

                              It's also upsetting how they devoted the largest paragraph in their letter to their new steps in making the games mobile, when that letter is for the fans and I doubt mobile games are the first thing on our minds.

                              I have no idea how to show them that we really aren't happy. They have received countless emails and the boards have several threads about this topic, yet they are still going through with it. This letter shows no change.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X