No announcement yet.

Interview with Lani Minella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think change is, in some ways, necessary. Nancy will now have an updated cell phone, a different wardrobe, a different car.

However, since Lani is capable of voicing both a "younger" Nancy and an "older" Nancy, why must the voice actor change? I'm sure there's a reason but it has yet to be voiced.

And at the end of the day, I believe that no matter the time, the core of Nancy should be the same. Nancy is supposed to be a mature, intelligent, wordly character. She doesn't get caught up in relationship drama. She doesn't harass broken people for useless information. She's supposed to be solving a mystery, though lately that's less of the plot (not a character flaw, but a plot one).

I don't know what the problem is. From the sound of things, people higher up are controlling what Nancy can and cannot do. How much this affects the plot is yet to be determined. I guess we'll see what happens with this new writer and go from there.

I took you by the hand and we stood tall
    And remembered our own land, what we lived for...

..........¸×´¨¯¨`+¸There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears
    ..........`·-·*......) And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears
    ................¸.×´Get over your hill and see what you find there
    ..............(..............¸×´¨¯¨`+.¸
    ...............`×.,¸_¸,.×´.©......*·-·' With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Comment

How will switching voice actors increase sales? Does that make any sense at all? Did it ever occur to them that it's just the overall quality of the games that's made them less popular? Because they haven't been listening to our suggestions for improvement for YEARS now? Did they ever think it's how they advertise the games?

Megan Gaiser MADE these games popular WITH LANI. How is Lani the problem? How does she have ANYTHING to do with the games being less popular?

This new CEO obviously has no clue what the long time fans want, nor does it look like she cares AT ALL. It's all about increasing sales. I find this incredibly disrespectful and I honestly can't believe that the person running this company cares so little about the fans. For the MILLIONTH TIME, does she not realize that if you do not give the fans what they want, they will NOT buy your games anymore. ?????????

--Derek

Comment

Where I recorded

Just adding a bit to say I recorded at a studio ***PI removed*** that was very reasonably priced and was directed over a phone patch or Skype. I appreciate your support and sincerely hope the changes end up being ones you all enjoy. I also did some free pickups sometime from my home studio, but speculation about why the change happened is probably just more frustrating than it's worth. Things will play out however they were meant to and you fans have proven to overwhelm me with support and kindness that blow me away! Thank you a million times over!!!!
        Last edited by hedgie; January 25, 2015, 02:20 PM. Reason: Mod's Note: PI removed.

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalNancy View Post
          Just adding a bit to say I recorded at a studio ***PI removed*** that was very reasonably priced and was directed over a phone patch or Skype. I appreciate your support and sincerely hope the changes end up being ones you all enjoy. I also did some free pickups sometime from my home studio, but speculation about why the change happened is probably just more frustrating than it's worth. Things will play out however they were meant to and you fans have proven to overwhelm me with support and kindness that blow me away! Thank you a million times over!!!!
          Thank you a million times over for all of your hard work, Lani!
          Last edited by hedgie; January 25, 2015, 02:20 PM.
          To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
          Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalNancy View Post
            I appreciate your support and sincerely hope the changes end up being ones you all enjoy.
            Changes being ones we enjoy = The Powers That Be realizing their mistake and announcing that you will continue to be the voice of Nancy Drew. That's my bottom line!!

Comment

Thanks to all for research, information, and ideas.

There remains this gap: what is the link between more-than-excellent Lani-as-Nancy and game sales? HeR plans other game changes which it hopes will improve game sales. But if there is no connection between the voice of Nancy and game sales, and the issue is not money, what possible reason can there be to change the voice of Nancy?

?

The world is divided into two nations:
              those with teddy bears, those without.
              Each thinks the other is odd.
              Jenny De Vries.

(so... umm... how do we feel about ND and Mr. Woogle Wogle?)

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                Thanks to all for research, information, and ideas.

There remains this gap: what is the link between more-than-excellent Lani-as-Nancy and game sales? HeR plans other game changes which it hopes will improve game sales. But if there is no connection between the voice of Nancy and game sales, and the issue is not money, what possible reason can there be to change the voice of Nancy?

?

That is indeed the question that needs an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                  A popular adventure game website just published an interview with Lani Minella today. Some important quotes from it I think are these:

"Nancy Drew has been my longest returning role which is now wrapping up to make way for someone new, who is local to Her Interactive in Seattle."

"There are many, many Nancy Drew fans who are very disappointed and upset by the decision of Her Interactive to switch to a new voice actress as of Nancy Drew game #33. It’s hard to understand why Her Interactive would voluntarily remove you as the voice of Nancy Drew, when you have demonstrated time and again that you are one of the series’ greatest assets. Would you be able to shed a little more light on this decision?

Yes it’s a bit strange to me too. I was told that the CEO did some research and found the Nancy Drew name was well known, but the games’ popularity had dwindled. So they thought bringing in a new actor who was local to them in Seattle, as well as possibly making other eventual changes to the game might help increase sales. I wish them all the best."

This seems to indicate to me that the new voice has already been cast. And for a pretty stupid reason...
                  Wow I can't believe this, HeR your popularity is going to dwindle even more now!

Comment

Local person? I hope this isn't a case of nepotism. Wonder if she is related/good friends of someone.

And if it's to do with Nancy Drew games/fan popularity dwindling, no one seems to have listened to fan feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X