This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
    I will now be astonished if MID gets released in 2016. The design stage is indeed the first step in developing a game, and there are several other stages after that. I can remember someone from Her Interactive saying that their games generally took one full year to make from start to finish - and that was when their game engine was a known quantity, whereas for MID they will be using a new one, namely Unity. It now seems almost a given that the game will be released sometime in 2017.

If I am wrong, and the game releases this year, believe me I will be jumping for joy. But if LJ has given us correct information as to where they are in terms of game development, then it seems like it would be nothing less than a miracle were it to release this year.
    I agree completely. The fact they've changed their language to "no release date yet " and given this new info about where they are in the process, I am no longer optimistic about it being 2016.
    ²iLoVeNaNcYDrEw²

Comment

• Originally posted by DPL_93 View Post
      Yeah June or May of 2015... unless they scrapped most of what they were doing prior to MID being delayed. The most common game development process starts with Design, then Research, Development, Implementation, Alpha/Beta testing ect but since it was said by LJ and she works in the marketing department maybe shouldn't look in to it too much?
      I think they must have scrapped it, because they had already designed a full promo (some promos, like CRY only had sketches/concept art). Also it seemed like it had been set for a normal release, as they started promoting in July with those youtube witch shorts.

Probably they decided to switch to unity right away instead of post-MID when Lani decided not to voice MID, and do a relaunch of sorts with new voice, and probably a new look too, like new menu, navigation, etc. The design concept stage is at the very beginning (I guess they have script), so there is a long way to go. Not to mention styling the new voice actor to get them just right will probably take time, too.

At least now we assured they are making it, so I guess there is nothing to do but wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by QueenofSpades View Post
        If I was HeR, I would be working really fast to get this done. (Not putting the quality of the game in jeopardy, of course.) I think they've already agitated the fans enough by letting MID be delayed in order to create Codes and Clues, something that not many of their current fan audience are interested in. I understand wanting to branch to a new range of audience, but making their core fan base wait this long... I feel like it wasn't a wise decision on HeR's part. If they wanted revenue from something, I think they should have invested in MID first, something that the majority of their fans would be interested in.
        I agree completely. Plus, fans have been agitated with Lani leaving too - even if it starts to feel like it was a looong time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
          when Lani decided not to voice MID
          Just to correct an error here - Lani said that she was not leaving of her own accord. She didn't make the decision to leave - HER made the decision to get a new voice for Nancy.
          Last edited by veja; July 11, 2016, 04:10 PM. Reason: Twitter link removed

Comment

• Originally posted by RevanRedeemed View Post
            Just to correct an error here - Lani said that she was not leaving of her own accord. She didn't make the decision to leave - HER made the decision to get a new voice for Nancy.
            It's not an error. HeR's original plan was to have MID be Lani's last game, and to start the game revamp afterwards. Lani chose to stop after SEA instead.
            Last edited by veja; July 11, 2016, 04:13 PM. Reason: Twitter link removed
            Listen, my child, to this story of dreams,
            And know that the beginning is more difficult than it seems.
            When the ten daughters are reunited in order,
            When the four-sided box loses its border,
            When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
            When the bird of fire can see again,
            When the moon sleeps and the sun plays,
            The king of the sky will shine his rays,
            And hidden beneath a river of colors
            Will lie a gate to golden wonders.

Comment

If I was HeR, I would be working really fast to get this done. (Not putting the quality of the game in jeopardy, of course.) I think they've already agitated the fans enough by letting MID be delayed in order to create Codes and Clues, something that not many of their current fan audience are interested in. I understand wanting to branch to a new range of audience, but making their core fan base wait this long... I feel like it wasn't a wise decision on HeR's part. If they wanted revenue from something, I think they should have invested in MID first, something that the majority of their fans would be interested in.
              I think HER would be better off focusing on making a good game rather than rushing it. It's disappointing, but if it means HER releases a good, fun, enjoyable game for their current audience, that would be better overall.

I don't disagree with you on Codes & Clues though. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by nancycluedrew View Post
                I don't disagree with you on Codes & Clues though. I'm still scratching my head on that one.
                Yeah I have no idea what they were thinking there... Codes and Clues didn't seem like a successful area of revenue for the company. Maybe this will help advise them when they are thinking of something like this in the future?

Comment

• I don't think the biggest problem is the fact that it's been awhile since they released their last PC game. I think more of the frustration is coming from the fact that we don't know anything. It has been so long since they've last said anything about it officially, I think there are a lot of people with doubts that MID will happen.

I agree about Codes and Clues though. The only thing I can think of is maybe it cost less to develop, and they were hoping to make a big profit to help fund MID.

Comment

Yeah I have no idea what they were thinking there... Codes and Clues didn't seem like a successful area of revenue for the company. Maybe this will help advise them when they are thinking of something like this in the future?
                    the app games that make tons of money are the ones that are designed to get you addicted so you spend money to move forward. They also chose a kind of weird price point, its too expensive to just buy on a whim.

TBH, they probably would have made more money just releasing scopa for 1.99
                    Last edited by paperstreet; July 12, 2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
                      TBH, they probably would have made more money just releasing scopa for 1.99
                      Exactly!

Comment

• They could have also tried to release another game as an app, kind of like what they did on GTH for the apple store and tablet usage. That didn't appear to take an extreme effort to make, and I'm sure lots of people whose discs aren't working or who don't want to take the time to install the game would appreciate having another game on the app store.

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed the Amateur Sleuth blog is no longer updated every day? This has been going on for quite a while now. It makes it look very doubtful that they'll ever start sharing information about MID.

Comment

• Yes, I've seen that. I find it kinda...I don't know, weird? since they have two marketing interns this year.
                            neverending song
                            2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                            So far from me too is your home
                            to which I can never find my way
                            your fairy tale...

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                              Has anyone else noticed the Amateur Sleuth blog is no longer updated every day? This has been going on for quite a while now. It makes it look very doubtful that they'll ever start sharing information about MID.
                              I've noticed this, and it doesn't surprise me. It must be hard to think of something to say every day when you know that the one topic folks are really interested in is MID, and you can't say much of anything about it - and also knowing that you are going to have to field questions about it nevertheless. I don't envy this task. This is probably why we have gotten blog write-ups in the past, for example, the same or similar to discussing construction going on in the building, or a picture of an ice cream store that reminds someone of Scoop. I'm not making fun of this - I am just demonstrating that this sort of thing is understandable when you can't talk about the one thing that would interest readers the most - so coming up with new blog posts must be difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
                                I've noticed this, and it doesn't surprise me. It must be hard to think of something to say every day when you know that the one topic folks are really interested in is MID, and you can't say much of anything about it - and also knowing that you are going to have to field questions about it nevertheless. I don't envy this task. This is probably why we have gotten blog write-ups in the past, for example, the same or similar to discussing construction going on in the building, or a picture of an ice cream store that reminds someone of Scoop. I'm not making fun of this - I am just demonstrating that this sort of thing is understandable when you can't talk about the one thing that would interest readers the most - so coming up with new blog posts must be difficult.
                                Blogging is really time consuming, even if you do just one post a day. I think it should be mandatory for everyone to do it for a month, so they realize how hard it is for no pay! Doing the blog posts when they are promoting a game makes sense, but with no game in so long, it is probably just draining.

Also I wonder how many people read them, maybe they get better engagement stats on FB and twitter and it is better to put their resources there (also FB posting every day for a business is also more time consuming than people realize)

Comment

Working...
                                X