This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QueenofSpades View Post
    Yeah, I agree as well. This is, in my opinion, very nice of HeR to update us on something regarding MID, which is what we've been asking for for a VERY long time. Even if it isn't a release date, which is what we would love to hear, this is the piece of information that HeR is willing to give us. It proves that they are still working on the game, which I know several people highly doubted. They even promised to give us another update next week, which is more than we asked for.

I think a lot of people are overlooking this graciousness from HeR because they are frustrated, or it isn't what they wanted to hear. But we need to look at the positive. HeR gave us a piece of the MID puzzle!!!!!!!!! I for one, am super excited.

I kind-of sympathize with Her. If I ran their Facebook page or Youtube channel, I would probably get stressed out from all the disappointed comments.

I thought Mei's character reveal was perfect and I'm surprised that they're even giving an update next week as well. I think that it's unfair to expect more from them, especially since they are already stressed out with switching to Unity, competing with other companies, promoting Codes & Clues, dealing with fans on social media, posting on social media, developing MID, and re-mastering Stay Tuned for Danger (and thats just the tip of the iceberg --- who knows what is really going on with Her!)
    I know that a lot of people aren`t going to agree with my mini-rant, but I think that Her is doing a great job right now! Cheers to them!

Comment

• Originally posted by PheasantRun View Post
      I think that it's unfair to expect more from them, especially since they are already stressed out with switching to Unity, competing with other companies, promoting Codes & Clues, dealing with fans on social media, posting on social media, developing MID, and re-mastering Stay Tuned for Danger (and thats just the tip of the iceberg --- who knows what is really going on with Her!)
      I know that a lot of people aren`t going to agree with my mini-rant, but I think that Her is doing a great job right now! Cheers to them!
      Where did you hear they are remastering STFD? They re-released it but from my understanding, the instructions were already known and not something that would take them long to figure out.

And thank you Phoenix, I thought it was her but wasn't quite sure if it said her name or not. I ruled out Danni just because she is the voice of Anna (which I believe is code for Nancy) and those are the only two names that we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyricalgoose View Post
        Where did you hear they are remastering STFD? They re-released it but from my understanding, the instructions were already known and not something that would take them long to figure out.

And thank you Phoenix, I thought it was her but wasn't quite sure if it said her name or not. I ruled out Danni just because she is the voice of Anna (which I believe is code for Nancy) and those are the only two names that we have.
        blah, I`m bad with words. "Re-releasing" was what I meant, not "re-mastering."

Comment

blah, I`m bad with words. "Re-releasing" was what I meant, not "re-mastering."
          Oh okay. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything lol.

Comment

I agree with you on the social-issues thing, especially after seeing everyone argue over it in this forum. I'm also kind-of disappointed with people saying things like "This is all we get?" in regards to the character reveal. I mean, I know its been long since Her has posted any new information on MID, but I think it's seriously disrespectful the way some people are acting. At least they posted something about the game.
            Respectfully, I disagree about the social issues comment. Our world is incredibly diverse and incorporating that diversity into the games is quite lovely. We meet individuals from different countries, of different backgrounds, and now we have a character with albinism in the game. I understand it's a game and some people like to escape the "real world" when gaming, but I don't think it's necessary doing any harm and I don't think having an individual with albinism in the game is offensive or causes discord. Most of HeR's fanbase, I would imagine, are teens and young adults that have grown up with the series. I don't think any social issues have "taken over" a game or distracted from the mystery, in fact, I wasn't even aware we had an LGBTQ character in the game previously. Whoops! :) But that's all I'll say on the matter, I don't want to open up a new can of worms!

I'm so happy that HeR has released this concept art thus far, I think the renderings are quite detailed and hopefully are indicative of how far along HeR is in the process. I also believe that this slow reveal of characters is a "countdown" of sorts. Assuming we have 4 characters/suspects, as is typical of the series, we should have a full reveal sometime the first week of September. In September, maybe we can expect the full character art and bios or cover art? I tried looking back to see the tentative schedule someone came up with but wasn't able to find it. Still, it's incredibly good news that they will be continuing to release concept art instead of treating this one reveal as "Eh, they've been asking for stuff so just mock up a drawing and be done with it... then we can pop up again in 3 months!" ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
              Katie (SEA and MID writer) posted this on Twitter today:

"fwiw, Mei was my second favorite character to write for in MID - she is a person with albinism (not "albino!") and cool as heck."

I'm going to have to look up albinism now, because I don't know the difference between albino and albinism.
              Second fave? Then I wonder who was number one . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by sggoren View Post
                So I'm 'meh' at seeing the artwork, even if the character description was completely nonsensical. But I have to say, it shows they *did* have something to show us. Unless we're to believe they just finished these sketches last week, then this whole time they were withholding it for some reason while telling us they just had nothing, absolutely nothing to share. And it's still meaningless information.

At this point, I've gone through the stages of grief. I've accepted that this is the "new HeR." Take it or leave it. This is their corporate direction. We'll never have old HeR back. It's gone, bye bye, RIP. So I'm going to move on. Likely get the games when they show up in stores, but like I said in my last post, I won't be hanging on every word anymore. Combined with the loss of Lani, the spark of "fandom" is gone. It's like it's going to be a completely different series now.

So it is what it is.

Oh, and someone earlier mentioned that it does no good to be negative. Completely disagree. They would not have released this artwork if they hadn't started having so much negative feedback, both here and social media, e-mails, etc. I am 100% certain of that. So all you troopers, keep it up.
                I agree completely with all of this. I mean I've been playing since the Secrets Can Kill first came out and was hooked. But at this point I've really moved on to other games and other platforms such as PS4/RPG games etc. The fact is that they spent so much time not giving any information and pretty much alienating fans who have been with these games since the very beginning that it made me become really disinterested in the games anymore or the company to be honest.

I would think that if they have been working on this for the amount of time they have been that there would be more than just sketches and a brief description. This is coming from my perspective. When it eventually hits shelves I'll probably buy it, but my interest level has been peaked to throw down money to preorder it. Why? Because as I said they have gone without giving us any information for so long that I've moved on to other games and platforms. So even though they're giving us a tiny bit of something, it's not enough to make me go "Wow I so want to buy that game"

Comment

• Originally posted by Punchy View Post
                  Second fave? Then I wonder who was number one . . .
                  Maybe Deirdre? She seems fun to write for, just because she has all the snarky comments about/for Nancy but in this game she'll probably try to act a little nicer.

Otherwise maybe one of the other characters has a fun and/or wacky personality. Maybe Katie liked writing for a character with albinism, but enjoyed another's personality more.

Or maybe she wrote Nancy differently this time for the new VA? I really hope that's not the case, though, unless she is more spitfire like some of the games/books. I like when Nancy is feisty lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyricalgoose View Post
                    Maybe Deirdre? She seems fun to write for, just because she has all the snarky comments about/for Nancy but in this game she'll probably try to act a little nicer.
                    I wonder if Deirdre will show up in person in this game. That would be interesting with the Hardy Boys already in the mix. Is it too much to hope that Ned will make an appearance? I can't believe they haven't included him yet!

Comment

• Is it confirmed that the Hardy Boys will be in MID? Do we know if they are merely phone friends, or has it been said that they actually will make an appearance?
                      But, Thornton Hall isn’t exactly a breath of fresh air.
                      The murky air and the shadows that followed only seemed to muddle my brain more.
                      The possibility that Clara’s death was not murder was starting to become more than a plain consideration.
                      <<.return home.>> is coming back to the alternate ending boards
                      SEPTEMBER

(in the meanwhile, catch up on chapters 1-9 here)
                      stay tuned... ;-)

mylo

prayers for the world

Comment

• Originally posted by mysterylover11 View Post
                        Is it confirmed that the Hardy Boys will be in MID? Do we know if they are merely phone friends, or has it been said that they actually will make an appearance?
                        Forgive my failing memory (we have been waiting for a year now) but back when Ellie was the intern she mentioned something about them being involved somehow in one of her videos. Foggy on details without rewatching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Punchy View Post
                          I wonder if Deirdre will show up in person in this game. That would be interesting with the Hardy Boys already in the mix. Is it too much to hope that Ned will make an appearance? I can't believe they haven't included him yet!
                          I hope she does! I wonder if HeR would include both the Hardy Boys and Deirdre, though, because they want to make the games bigger and better. I'm kind of thinking that Deirdre will just be a phone friend though.

I hope Ned never makes an appearance! I was pretty disappointed by Bess and George being in the game and then less so with the Hardy Boys but still disappointed. I think that's why they haven't included Ned yet, it seems like a lot of fans were not happy with Bess and George.

Comment

• Hardy Boys in MID

So I looked up the video with Ellie and she said that they may or may not be helping you out. ( Ellie Answers Your Questions! Video)

Comment

• What I would like to see in MID is the memorial to the victims of the witch trials, or at least a mention of the memorial.
                              "All good things come to those who wait". - Violet Fane

Comment

• Remember that cookie contest a while back? I wonder who the winner is voicing and what that would be like (having an untrained VA.)

Comment

Working...
                                X